Let Huckabee speak!!!!

Yes, I don't believe Obama has ever done anything like that which was not also a photo op for him. Those suspecting Obama of less than noble motives may be off base, but their suspicions are not unjustified.

Whatever you think of him, in contrast George W. Bush allowed no photographers and issued no press releases when he met with families of wounded or fallen soldiers or when he made his frequent and numerous visits to the wounded at Bethesda and Walter Reed. He allowed precious few photo ops when he visited foreign cemetaries and memorials.

When Obama gives us any reason to think he cares about anybody other than himself, when he gives us any reason to believe that he even understands, much less appreciates, what the military is and what it is for, and when he gives us hope that he actually cares about our Constitution, our traditions, our values, our flag, our country, then maybe Huckabee will have a stronger case.

I don't know if we're having the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, or just presentation of the colors here, but note which on the podium is not showing proper respect:

Obamaphoto.jpg

That photograph, which has already been floated in another thread was from last Memorial Day, and Obama was being introduced. The other men raised their hands in salute TO HIM at that moment. It's unreal how you people believe everything negative about Obama as being gospel. You'd think by now, you would have learned how easy it is to debunk this kind of crap.

Obama went to pay his respect to fallen soldiers AND he brought a photographer.

He didn't "bring" a photographer. The press is constantly lurking for just such opportunities, even at 4AM. That said, if it had not been photographed and merely talked about it, you idiots would be screeching that he made it up.

I think you're missing the point. If the soldiers who are visited tell about it, who is going to dispute them? President Bush didn't do it for publicity or 'brownie points' and the only way we know of most of his visits to veteran's hospitals and memorials etc. is from what the soldiers themselves reported.

Obama may be just as genuine. But when he allows the press corp. to come along, there will always be valid room to suspect it is for show.

Back to Huckabee. I have this "hope" that he will become the voice of reason and a way for Democrats and Republicans to work together.

good point

We need some sane voices on both sides. The art of compromise is a lost art

If Huckabee wants to make another run for the presidency, he never should have agreed to do that show on FOX. Every one of them will be gone over with a fine tooth comb and used as fodder by his potential opponents.

That photograph, which has already been floated in another thread was from last Memorial Day, and Obama was being introduced. The other men raised their hands in salute TO HIM at that moment. It's unreal how you people believe everything negative about Obama as being gospel. You'd think by now, you would have learned how easy it is to debunk this kind of crap.

You would think you would know by now to read the comments following a post before jumping right in there too, wouldn't you.

I have to agree, nit-picking at Obama over every little thing is a waste of time and frankly unproductive.

He is making enough large screw ups to worry about. He is selling our nation down the river and that is what we need to focus on.

He is set on breaking us financially for good.

Mike

Entertaining and drives the left bonkers. The left bashed Bush for 8 years . . . payback's a bitch. Besides, isn't this how it goes? Round and round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows. ;)

Except for all the screaming and yelling over HOW MUCH STUFF IS COSTING TAXPAYERS!!!!!! One would think we'd be sick to death of paying these guys to run the country. Yet depending on whose "turn" it is at the helm, all they do it try to knock each other down and their party supporters cheer 'em on. Fuck the country. Party first.

Back to Huckabee. I have this "hope" that he will become the voice of reason and a way for Democrats and Republicans to work together.

I agree. I saw him during the the 2008 campaign several times on "Morning Joe". And he was so cool. Very funny and charming. He played the guitar for Mika and was very witty when talking about the election. I was also so impressed when he discussed his weight loss. The discipline that had to have taken is so admirable. I really like him.

He could very well become the voice of reason for both parties. God knows they need one.

Yes, I don't believe Obama has ever done anything like that which was not also a photo op for him. Those suspecting Obama of less than noble motives may be off base, but their suspicions are not unjustified.

Whatever you think of him, in contrast George W. Bush allowed no photographers and issued no press releases when he met with families of wounded or fallen soldiers or when he made his frequent and numerous visits to the wounded at Bethesda and Walter Reed. He allowed precious few photo ops when he visited foreign cemetaries and memorials.

When Obama gives us any reason to think he cares about anybody other than himself, when he gives us any reason to believe that he even understands, much less appreciates, what the military is and what it is for, and when he gives us hope that he actually cares about our Constitution, our traditions, our values, our flag, our country, then maybe Huckabee will have a stronger case.

I don't know if we're having the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, or just presentation of the colors here, but note which on the podium is not showing proper respect:

Obamaphoto.jpg

Sometimes--you should let it fester until one of the nutters wake up in their own mess!!

You would think you would know by now to read the comments following a post before jumping right in there too, wouldn't you.

Why? Something like this needs all the debunking it can get. Besides, in the other thread where this was batted around, no one produced the Snopes.com proof. I was the ONLY one who told it like it was. So I assumed that would be the case here. You're allowed to make a mistake, and I appreciate it that you admitted it.

Obama went to pay his respect to fallen soldiers AND he brought a photographer.

You do realize that every president has an assigned Whitehouse photographer that is always present at just about everything and anything they do don't you? Of course you do.

Bush gives fist bump as farewell to official photographer - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Bush gives fist bump as farewell to official photographer

Eric Draper spent the last eight years alongside George W. Bush as the chief White House photographer. Draper, 44, who had covered the 2000 campaign for The Associated Press, took the White House from film to digital as he met world leaders and mixed it up with Britian's Prince Philip. He also received an unexpected farewell gesture from No. 43 earlier this week. Here are excerpts from a telephone interview with Draper, who spoke from his home in Alexandria, Va.............

It this picture why does the one guy (second from the right) have his hand over his heart?[/QUOTE]

Because he is a) most likely a civilian and b) not in uniform in any case in which case, if I am remembering my military protocol correctly, it would be against protocol to salute.

It this picture why does the one guy (second from the right) have his hand over his heart?

Because he is a) most likely a civilian and b) not in uniform in any case in which case, if I am remembering my military protocol correctly, it would be against protocol to salute.[/QUOTE]

Is putting your hand over your heart the protocol for a civilian when they honor the president? I'm assuming if he is military but out of uniform this is the protocol. Just curious.

Last edited:

Obamaphoto.jpg

You are right. Bush never gave the soldiers or their families the "choice". He took that away from them. He was good at that.

One of the reasons is becuase he didn't want the nation to see him being chastized by families of soldiers who were serving or served numerous tours way past their seperation date.

He also didn't want those families to chastize him in public for the invasion of Iraq.

Remember, 90% of those in the military believed that Saddam was behind 9/11. Republicans will that's their fault. No one ever said that, but the truth is, no matter how they came to believe that, they did believe it.

When they found out it wasn't true, they felt the country had lied to them. Bush never wanted anyone to see that, which is why his press conferences were so carefully controlled - to the point of having a male prostitute, Jeff Gannon, be his favorite person in the press corp, because Jeff asked nothing but "softball" questions.

Sources for the highlighted portions?

I already gave the link to the Zogby poll.

As far as the families go, on Sept 6, 2006, Rumsfeld met with 800 families of the 172nd div because the tour of duty had been extended so many times. Now I know that many Republicans say, "Screw 'em, they're volenteers", there are many others that don't feel that way. Rumsfeld had then entire White House press corp traveling with him, but they were NOT allowed into the meeting. Family members complained that he was rude and didn't answer their questions and this was reported in several papers. Later, Rumsfeld could be heard complaining, "I'm not Santa Claus".

Because it was some time ago, many of the stories have been taken down, but if you do a search using:

rumsfeld 172nd families

I'm sure you will plenty of references in both right and left wing papers. Even Fox reported the "I'm not Santa Claus" comment.

The point is, the White House learned from this and never put Bush in a position where he could be publicly questioned. Even when he was, he always came up with embarrassing stuff like, "The hardest part of my job is trying to connect Saddam to the war on terror" or "No one from this admistration ever said there was a connection between Saddam and 9/11".

Families of Alaska’s Stryker Brigade Make Rumsfeld Squirm | Alaska Free Press

A Father's Story: Donald Rumsfeld and the Families of the 172nd Stryker Brigade | Alaska Free Press

To Zoom:

Military pesonnel in uniform must hold a salute throughout Hail to the Chief when it is played. I honestly cannot remember the protocol for civilian or non uniformed personnel on the podium. Putting hand across the heart during Hail to the Chief is not required of spectators/audience as they will most likely be applauding as the President appears. However. . .

Here is a video of that particular ceremony. As the one non uniformed person on the stage immediately placed his hand over his heart, I am assuming that he was schooled in the proper protocol for that event.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDPPJRrk5FU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDPPJRrk5FU[/ame]

You are right. Bush never gave the soldiers or their families the "choice". He took that away from them. He was good at that.

One of the reasons is becuase he didn't want the nation to see him being chastized by families of soldiers who were serving or served numerous tours way past their seperation date.

He also didn't want those families to chastize him in public for the invasion of Iraq.

Remember, 90% of those in the military believed that Saddam was behind 9/11. Republicans will that's their fault. No one ever said that, but the truth is, no matter how they came to believe that, they did believe it.

When they found out it wasn't true, they felt the country had lied to them. Bush never wanted anyone to see that, which is why his press conferences were so carefully controlled - to the point of having a male prostitute, Jeff Gannon, be his favorite person in the press corp, because Jeff asked nothing but "softball" questions.

Sorry, but the real life people closely involved plus situations I am personally aware of plus the histories already being written do not support your version of the facts. I am sure you very much want to believe your version.

Just curious. Which "fact" was wrong?

Zogby International

Almost 90% (talking about the troops) think war is retaliation for Saddam's role in 9/11,

I think they're all wrong. You have provided no support for what is or was in President Bush's mind or what he wanted or what the families felt and said. And after close and long experience with the military including close involvement with a large base during President Bush's entire tenure in office plus having friends and loved ones deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think you are parroting the propaganda spewed by hateful and dishonest radical leftwing sites. You certainly are not speaking for the military personnel or their families that I know. Even the link you provided doesn't support your version of the 'facts' as skewed for leftist propaganda as it is. You can point to a few activist radicals like Cindy Sheehan for instance, but I don't think you can support your generalized opinions with anything other than questionable anti-Bush, anti-war sources.

Sorry, but the real life people closely involved plus situations I am personally aware of plus the histories already being written do not support your version of the facts. I am sure you very much want to believe your version.

Zogby International

Almost 90% (talking about the troops) think war is retaliation for Saddam's role in 9/11,

I think they're all wrong. You have provided no support for what is or was in President Bush's mind or what he wanted or what the families felt and said. And after close and long experience with the military including close involvement with a large base during President Bush's entire tenure in office plus having friends and loved ones deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think you are parroting the propaganda spewed by hateful and dishonest radical leftwing sites. You certainly are not speaking for the military personnel or their families that I know. Even the link you provided doesn't support your version of the 'facts' as skewed for leftist propaganda as it is. You can point to a few activist radicals like Cindy Sheehan for instance, but I don't think you can support your generalized opinions with anything other than questionable anti-Bush, anti-war sources.

You can't be serious. Zogby is not a leftwing poll. I provided links to families from the 172nd. You might want to do some research on your own.

The problem with the right is they "imagine" something to be a certain way and refuse any other position. Even refuse that it has any merit. Once they have decided, that's it.

I bet you don't even know why we went into Iraq or what the Bush doctrine is. And you probably don't even care.

Zogby International

You can't be serious. Zogby is not a leftwing poll. I provided links to families from the 172nd. You might want to do some research on your own.

The problem with the right is they "imagine" something to be a certain way and refuse any other position. Even refuse that it has any merit. Once they have decided, that's it.

I bet you don't even know why we went into Iraq or what the Bush doctrine is. And you probably don't even care.

Zogby is a Democrat and while his own product is pretty centrist, he is far more likely to be hired to do polling for a leftwing organization or group than a rightwing one.

Regardless of Zogby's ideology or bias, however, if this particular "poll" was legit, do you honestly believe that it would not have been front page news on the NYT, WSJ, USA Today, and every other print and televised media source? That would have been HUGE news.

Almost all media with an agenda these days will work hard to get anecdotal evidence and anything controversial, no matter how atypical, and will feature such as typical no matter how dishonest it is to do so. I can take a microphone out on the street and interview hundreds of people. I will eventually find somebody who will say a certain thing and even if that is the only person out of the hundreds, I can put him or her on television and make it look like he is speaking the opinion of many or most on the street that day. Many media sources hunted through hundreds of signs at Tea Parties to find the one or two controversial signs present and then tried to present those as what the Tea Party was all about. That kind of reporting is misleading and dishonest.

As for the Bush doctrine and why we went into Iraq, I have no idea how that is applicable, but I am pretty sure my general knowledge about that is probably on a par with just about anybody who isn't dealing with that on a professional level. And, based on what you've written so far, I'm pretty sure your view of both is taken from and colored by leftwing blogs and similar sources, and you would be neither interested in or accepting of any other point of view than that.

And you don't have a clue what I probably know or do not know and what I do or do not care about.

Forum List

Back