Let Huckabee speak!!!!

R

rdean

GOP 12: Huck vs Rush on Obama

Mike Huckabee, speaking to the Hudson Union Society earlier this month (Nov 2).

When he [Barack Obama] was at Dover the other day, and went there to pay respect for soldiers, I heard a lot of people on the Right say "Aw, that's just a cheap photo-op."

No, I think it was the Commander-in-Chief of our military paying respect to a dead soldier, and I'm grateful that he did that, and I was proud of him for doing that. And I think we all -- as Americans -- should give him credit for doing that.

When he and Michele hosted the tricker-treaters on Halloween, quit finding something wrong with that.

Say "Good, I'm glad that he and the First Lady are treating children to an experience at the White House", and I just find it deplorable that some people on my end of the aisle want to find everything wrong and nothing right about the man as a man."

Huckabee Calls Knee-Jerk GOP Attacks On Obama 'Deplorable' And 'Shameful'

During a relatively unnoticed speech in early November, former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said he found it "deplorable" and "shameful" that his fellow Republicans were attacking the president for even the most trivial or well-intentioned matters.

Yes, I don't believe Obama has ever done anything like that which was not also a photo op for him. Those suspecting Obama of less than noble motives may be off base, but their suspicions are not unjustified.

Whatever you think of him, in contrast George W. Bush allowed no photographers and issued no press releases when he met with families of wounded or fallen soldiers or when he made his frequent and numerous visits to the wounded at Bethesda and Walter Reed. He allowed precious few photo ops when he visited foreign cemetaries and memorials.

When Obama gives us any reason to think he cares about anybody other than himself, when he gives us any reason to believe that he even understands, much less appreciates, what the military is and what it is for, and when he gives us hope that he actually cares about our Constitution, our traditions, our values, our flag, our country, then maybe Huckabee will have a stronger case.

I don't know if we're having the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, or just presentation of the colors here, but note which on the podium is not showing proper respect:

Obamaphoto.jpg

Yes, I don't believe Obama has ever done anything like that which was not also a photo op for him. Those suspecting Obama of less than noble motives may be off base, but their suspicions are not unjustified.

Whatever you think of him, in contrast George W. Bush allowed no photographers and issued no press releases when he met with families of wounded or fallen soldiers or when he made his frequent and numerous visits to the wounded at Bethesda and Walter Reed. He allowed precious few photo ops when he visited foreign cemetaries and memorials.

When Obama gives us any reason to think he cares about anybody other than himself, when he gives us any reason to believe that he even understands, much less appreciates, what the military is and what it is for, and when he gives us hope that he actually cares about our Constitution, our traditions, our values, our flag, our country, then maybe Huckabee will have a stronger case.

I don't know if we're having the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, or just presentation of the colors here, but note which on the podium is not showing proper respect:

Obamaphoto.jpg

Thanks Foxfyre....I was waiting to see which fuckhead would be the first to post this photo. I guess you win.

snopes.com: Barack Obama at Arlington on Veterans Day

The reason Obama is not saluting is that all the others are saluting him as President

Thanks for playing

I have to agree, nit-picking at Obama over every little thing is a waste of time and frankly unproductive.

He is making enough large screw ups to worry about. He is selling our nation down the river and that is what we need to focus on.

He is set on breaking us financially for good.

Mike

Obamaphoto.jpg

Thanks Foxfyre....I was waiting to see which fuckhead would be the first to post this photo. I guess you win.

The reason Obama is not saluting is that all the others are saluting him as President

Thanks for playing

Guilty as charged and I apologize. I should have checked the source before posting.

I have to agree, nit-picking at Obama over every little thing is a waste of time and frankly unproductive.

He is making enough large screw ups to worry about. He is selling our nation down the river and that is what we need to focus on.

Mike

I can't argue with this either. But criticizing the Commander in Chief re his general attitude and policies re the military and related subjects is not nit-picking every little thing and does go with the territory. I was very wrong to not fact check that photo before I posted it. I don't think I am wrong re my other related comments, however, and that's why I think Huckabee is as wrong to question the motives of Obama's critics as Obama's critics may be wrong in some of their criticism.

To restate my sentiments on my "When Enough is Enough" thread, at some point we have to stop just accepting the consequences of various issues and erosion of our basic values and the principles this country was built on. If we have firm ideals about any of this stuff, we had better start making our voices known or we will indeed deserve whatever government, society, and situation we wind up in.

Obamaphoto.jpg

You are right. Bush never gave the soldiers or their families the "choice". He took that away from them. He was good at that.

One of the reasons is becuase he didn't want the nation to see him being chastized by families of soldiers who were serving or served numerous tours way past their seperation date.

He also didn't want those families to chastize him in public for the invasion of Iraq.

Remember, 90% of those in the military believed that Saddam was behind 9/11. Republicans will that's their fault. No one ever said that, but the truth is, no matter how they came to believe that, they did believe it.

When they found out it wasn't true, they felt the country had lied to them. Bush never wanted anyone to see that, which is why his press conferences were so carefully controlled - to the point of having a male prostitute, Jeff Gannon, be his favorite person in the press corp, because Jeff asked nothing but "softball" questions.

Obamaphoto.jpg

You are right. Bush never gave the soldiers or their families the "choice". He took that away from them. He was good at that.

One of the reasons is becuase he didn't want the nation to see him being chastized by families of soldiers who were serving or served numerous tours way past their seperation date.

He also didn't want those families to chastize him in public for the invasion of Iraq.

Remember, 90% of those in the military believed that Saddam was behind 9/11. Republicans will that's their fault. No one ever said that, but the truth is, no matter how they came to believe that, they did believe it.

When they found out it wasn't true, they felt the country had lied to them. Bush never wanted anyone to see that, which is why his press conferences were so carefully controlled - to the point of having a male prostitute, Jeff Gannon, be his favorite person in the press corp, because Jeff asked nothing but "softball" questions.

Sources for the highlighted portions?

Sorry, but the real life people closely involved plus situations I am personally aware of plus the histories already being written do not support your version of the facts. I am sure you very much want to believe your version.

Sorry, but the real life people closely involved plus situations I am personally aware of plus the histories already being written do not support your version of the facts. I am sure you very much want to believe your version.

Just curious. Which "fact" was wrong?

Zogby International

Almost 90% (talking about the troops) think war is retaliation for Saddam's role in 9/11,

Back to Huckabee. I have this "hope" that he will become the voice of reason and a way for Democrats and Republicans to work together.

Back to Huckabee. I have this "hope" that he will become the voice of reason and a way for Democrats and Republicans to work together.

good point

We need some sane voices on both sides. The art of compromise is a lost art

Mike

Entertaining and drives the left bonkers. The left bashed Bush for 8 years . . . payback's a bitch. Besides, isn't this how it goes? Round and round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows. ;)

Obamaphoto.jpg

Thanks for playing

Guilty as charged and I apologize. I should have checked the source before posting.

yes, but why were they honoring hymn? I Thought we were supposed to honoring the vets! but that's just me,, I see no reason to honor hymn.

yes, but why were they honoring hymn? I Thought we were supposed to honoring the vets! but that's just me,, I see no reason to honor hymn.

It is military protocol to salute the Commander in Chief when "Hail to the Chief" is played. And that is what was going on in that photo. It is deference to the office, not necessarily the man.

Last edited:
Obama went to pay his respect to fallen soldiers AND he brought a photographer.

He didn't "bring" a photographer. The press is constantly lurking for just such opportunities, even at 4AM. That said, if it had not been photographed and merely talked about it, you idiots would be screeching that he made it up.

Let Huckabee speak!!!!

Huckabee is correct. The Republicans only have themselves to blame for giving power to wacko Leftists like Obama, Pelosi and Reid. They'd better get their act together or run the risk of being replaced by a conservative 3rd Party.

Forum List

Back