Let GM Die

Mr. P said:
Yep, and I just heard today they are shutting down one of their plants here in Ga.

I think they're in big trouble myself.

pontiacgto05_01_1024.jpg

Can you get any less exciting for a sportscar with that much power?

Oh yea I got to drive that one too. Was one of the better cars they had out there.....not that thats saying too much...

archangel said:
lets see...how about SBC,Pac Bell,Mama Bell,Safeway,Albertsons,Lockheed Aircraft just to name a few! :shocked:

oh yeah and our favs...the Breweries...... :cheers2: :wine:

and...Harley Davidson MC...I think, not sure, check with Pale Rider on this one!

NO FRIGIN' WAY!!!

Harley Davidson Motor Company is NOT unionized.

GM Closing 9 Plants, Cut Payroll By 30,000
Last Update: 11/21/2005 10:00:41 AM

United Press International

General Motors Corp., the world's biggest carmaker, is cutting its payroll by 30,000 and shutting nine major plants to stop a financial hemorrhage.

So far this year GM has lost nearly $4 billion as its market share collapses and the costs of a generous healthcare and pension plan drain its coffers. GM's cash on hand is collapsing. One year ago it had $24 billion; today it has $19 billion.

http://www.wpmi.com/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=E683324E-461F-42F3-99AE-A4C257D39667

The ClayTaurus said:
Can you get any less exciting for a sportscar with that much power?

And to think GM quit making the Camaro for that over weight pile of crap from Australia. With that kind of thinking, GM deserves to go under.

There automotive division is in trouble...Their Finance division is doing quite well though. The number one problem facing GM today is the rising costs of health care and its manifestation in thier pension obligations.

Huckleburry said:
There automotive division is in trouble...Their Finance division is doing quite well though. The number one problem facing GM today is the rising costs of health care and its manifestation in thier pension obligations.
You forgot crappy quality, competition and piss poor sales.

Kathianne said:
I disagree. Thankfully the American worker in my opinion is willing to work how ever may hours it may take to get the job done.

The problem comes in if an illegal is willing to do the same for less.

I must counter your disagreement with an observation. Perhaps lazy was the wrong word. How does suicideally greedy strike you? Americans only work once the WIIFM principle is fully satisfied. A lower WIIFM (perhaps pablo the illegal purple person from paraguay) gets the job.

WIIFM is the first question an instructor must answer (so sayeth the Marines anyway) in order to grab the hearts and minds of the student.

What's In It For Me?

Forum List

Back