Let GM Die

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
Why do we need GM? It's a hopeless dinosaur dominated by unions. Let it fail. A better managed and more efficient company will replace it. Sell its assets, settle the pension debt and say goodbye.

bush lover said:
Why do we need GM? It's a hopeless dinosaur dominated by unions. Let it fail. A better managed and more efficient company will replace it. Sell its assets, settle the pension debt and say goodbye.

GM seems to still be a bit away from bankruptcy and if we'd take away a bunch of crippling corporate taxes and regulations, they'd be doing better than any foreign company.

bush lover said:

They make good trucks. :spank3:

bush lover said:

If they can't make it, then they can't make it.

I just hope that if that's the case, someone picks up the Corvette and the truck line.

GM is like alot of Old American Companys. To call them a Dinisour[sp]inmybook is correct. If they were a professional sports team they would of ceased to be years ago. Its sad to say they are a decade or so late in reacting to the problem of back-loading all the topheavy bennies for their retire's. You would have thought that they,of all people would know and understand the differance between a Caddy and a Chevy.
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Mr. P said:
Yea, but their problem is and has been they match that up with LOW END quality.

I've never had a problem with the quality of their products. However, that is limited to 3/4 ton pickups. I got so tired of Fords falling apart as fast as I could put them back together that they lost my business.

GunnyL said:
I've never had a problem with the quality of their products. However, that is limited to 3/4 ton pickups. I got so tired of Fords falling apart as fast as I could put them back together that they lost my business.
I understand. Ford sux too, IMO..

And example of why I hate US cars..

In mid 1992 I decided to try out the American cars again, I’d heard they had improved greatly. I bought a 91 Buick Park Ave. with 33000 miles.

In 2 months the manufacture installed battery went dead. The next month the alternator failed. Three months later the electronic distributor failed.

Now what really pissed me off is this…I went to an auto shop that specialized in electronic rebuilding, alternators, starters etc.. I’m standing in the shop with the owner talking about how long it will take for the rebuild. He says about 3 days. I said man can you do it faster? He waves his arm over this 6 foot long 2 foot wide 2 foot high pile of alternators and said, “all of these are in line first”.

I was shocked when he told me they were ALL the same alternator. They were not adequate for the cars that GM was putting them on and he even showed me documentation that GM had known this since 1985, but continued to install the same alternator!!!

In the end I replaced 3 alternators before I got rid of the piece of crap.

If I can help it I’ll NEVER own another American car.

Most if not all alternators and related electronic parts for American cars are built in Mexico...really poor quality...you may thank Cafta...Nafta and all other aftas our administration is pushing! :bs1:

archangel said:
Most if not all alternators and related electronic parts for American cars are built in Mexico...really poor quality...you may thank Cafta...Nafta and all other aftas our administration is pushing! :bs1:

look....certain american cars suck because the company that makes them chooses to make cars that suck.....it isn't the gov'ts fault that some car company chooses to put crapy mexican parts in their cars...gimme a brake

manu1959 said:
look....certain american cars suck because the company that makes them chooses to make cars that suck.....it isn't the gov'ts fault that some car company chooses to put crapy mexican parts in their cars...gimme a brake

Trilateral ring a bell....the administration as well as big business and banking...push outsourcing and Nafta,Cafta et al...thats why we get "crapy"parts and US autos that "suck" there is your "Brake"! :shocked:

archangel said:
Trilateral ring a bell....the administration as well as big business and banking...push outsourcing and Nafta,Cafta et al...thats why we get "crapy"parts and US autos that "suck" there is your "Brake"! :shocked:

Knowingly installing shitty parts on a car you are trying to sell is stupid and whatever excuse you want to give for doing it is stupid squared....and blaming other for you stupid decission double stupid squared

manu1959 said:
Knowingly installing shitty parts on a car you are trying to sell is stupid and whatever excuse you want to give for doing it is stupid squared....and blaming other for you stupid decission double stupid squared

Yup and unions aren't going to change those stupid decisions, it's a top-down decision. Some have a hard time understanding that.

At the same time, one would think the shareholders would be a bit pissed off at their top!

manu1959 said:

Cafta,Nafta all other crapta is "double stupid squared" as is outsourcing... so who do we blame? I say big business and 'Their' elected officials who push this nonsense! Then again should we also blame all those who 'live' by the 'Stock Market' to increse their 'nest eggs' humm alot of blame to go around! :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
Yup and unions aren't going to change those stupid decisions, it's a top-down decision. Some have a hard time understanding that.

At the same time, one would think the shareholders would be a bit pissed off at their top!

unions are unnecessary in the modern business world.......tell me one successful company that hires union employees.....now tell me all the industries that have or are failing that have union employees

steel industy
auto industry
aviation industry
construction industry
medical industry

manu1959 said:
unions are unnecessary in the modern business world.......tell me one successful company that hires union employees.....now tell me all the industries that have or are failing that have union employees

steel industy
auto industry
aviation industry
construction industry
medical industry

lets see...how about SBC,Pac Bell,Mama Bell,Safeway,Albertsons,Lockheed Aircraft just to name a few! :shocked:

oh yeah and our favs...the Breweries...... :cheers2: :wine:

and...Harley Davidson MC...I think, not sure, check with Pale Rider on this one!

manu1959 said:

steel industy
auto industry
aviation industry
construction industry
medical industry
Agreed. :beer: You forgot education-the public are unionized, look what it's got them.

archangel said:
lets see...how about SBC,Pac Bell,Mama Bell,Safeway,Albertsons,Lockheed Aircraft just to name a few! :shocked:

oh yeah and our favs...the Breweries...... :cheers2: :wine:

thank you.....forgot about those few.....the bells are a monopoly so they do ok......i have done work for safeway and alberton's, sweat shops both of them.....lockheed has military contracts that allow them to survive.....american beer sucks...

Hmmmm. I despise bailouts. If GM cannot compete they don't deserve to live (business wise that is).

My quality issues has always favored Ford. Every Ford I've ever owned has been blessed. Even at work, I cannot stand changing the glass on GM products. The engineers are real pieces of work.

Forum List

Back