Let Gary Johnson Debate!

I've been blogging in regards to this issue and posting it on Facebook newsfeeds. Now I've commenced within this forum to raise awareness and find like-minded individuals who are interested in mobilizing similarly within their own circles. A true grassroots movement these days might involve little to no expense using social media channels. Each one of us needs to advocate for this change rationally, factually, and positively.

The problem is that the people honestly don't care, for the most part. If they did the situation would already be resolved.

How might we best appeal to American values, then?

Vote for Obama... :clap2:

It's unscrupulous that the committee that controls the Presidential Debates consists only of Democrats and Republicans, when Independent voters should have some representation. In reality, Gary Johnson would make both Romney and Obama horrible by contrast and gain major traction if only he could gain access to the debates. Just in the interest of fair representation of qualified candidates, the debate committee should open the debates to candidates outside of the two mainstream parties. I, for one, would be extremely interested to see Johnson go against Romney and Obama. However, Johnson would need to "qualify" for the debates with a potential 15% of the electorate, as determined through pre-debate polling. If anyone asks me, I'll say I'm voting for Johnson, if only to give the guy a chance at the debates. I encourage you to do likewise.

The more voices on the stage; the better. But still, there needs to be some hurdles to clear otherwise, you'll have a California Recall situation as to where anyone who pays the filing fee is on the ballot.

I've been blogging in regards to this issue and posting it on Facebook newsfeeds. Now I've commenced within this forum to raise awareness and find like-minded individuals who are interested in mobilizing similarly within their own circles. A true grassroots movement these days might involve little to no expense using social media channels. Each one of us needs to advocate for this change rationally, factually, and positively.

The problem is that the people honestly don't care, for the most part. If they did the situation would already be resolved.

How might we best appeal to American values, then?

Get Gary Johnson on Survivor or American Idol.

It's unscrupulous that the committee that controls the Presidential Debates consists only of Democrats and Republicans, when Independent voters should have some representation. In reality, Gary Johnson would make both Romney and Obama horrible by contrast and gain major traction if only he could gain access to the debates. Just in the interest of fair representation of qualified candidates, the debate committee should open the debates to candidates outside of the two mainstream parties. I, for one, would be extremely interested to see Johnson go against Romney and Obama. However, Johnson would need to "qualify" for the debates with a potential 15% of the electorate, as determined through pre-debate polling. If anyone asks me, I'll say I'm voting for Johnson, if only to give the guy a chance at the debates. I encourage you to do likewise.

No one wants to hear from crackpots.

Oh, don't be silly. Plenty of people will tune in to hear Romney and Obama's joint press conference.

It's unscrupulous that the committee that controls the Presidential Debates consists only of Democrats and Republicans, when Independent voters should have some representation.

Sure, why don't we let every candidate from every fringe party with 0% chance of winning participate? That way we can waste time and learn nothing about the two men who are really going to contest the election in earnest.

No one has really heard from THIS crackpot, who, with half a chance on the national stage would still manage to trump the best the Republicans AND the Democrats have to offer.

It's unscrupulous that the committee that controls the Presidential Debates consists only of Democrats and Republicans, when Independent voters should have some representation.

Sure, why don't we let every candidate from every fringe party with 0% chance of winning participate? That way we can waste time and learn nothing about the two men who are really going to contest the election in earnest.

I wouldn't contend that just any candidate be allowed into the debate, but there should be a process to allow for a third-party entry into the debates. Perhaps a debate amongst the third-party candidates beforehand with the winner granted access to the national debates. Democrats and Republicans have primaries to much the same effect. Why not Independents?

No one has really heard from THIS crackpot, who, with half a chance on the national stage would still manage to trump the best the Republicans AND the Democrats have to offer.

If that were the case, he would be in... :dunno:

I wouldn't contend that just any candidate be allowed into the debate, but there should be a process to allow for a third-party entry into the debates. Perhaps a debate amongst the third-party candidates beforehand with the winner granted access to the national debates. Democrats and Republicans have primaries to much the same effect. Why not Independents?

Why not the "Rents too damn high" guy?

He deserved a chance too :lol:

How about we just let the candidate who's leading in the polls debate? Mitt should be excluded since he's losing.

Forum List

Back