Let freedom ring…

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
As I watch what is happening in Iran, and the struggle the citizens are going through for their voices to be heard, it brings me back to when we as Americans stood up to have our voice heard. Our voices said, “We want freedom”, and it struck so loud and true that it rang throughout the world, much like what is happening to Iran today.

As we watch and see Iran go through one of it’s most important times in it’s history, all we are able to see is the bloodshed and the beatings these protestors are receiving, but I see something different, something more beautiful. I see the passion, the unity, and desire to make a change in these protestors. They have sparked the freedom flame and are ready to turn it into a fireball that will burn down the walls that oppress them.

I see the Iranian people saying, “No more; more will we put up with this”. That right there is the first sign of change. That right there will bring in a wave of unity and passion for one thing, freedom. The Iranian people will go through some hard times, see much more bloodshed and beatings, will see their oppressors get stronger, but as long as they proceed with that same burning flame, they will over come.

It’s not going to be an easy road for the Iranian people; as a matter of fact it will get harder. More lives will be lost, more beatings will take place, but no one said freedom would be easy to get. This is what people must understand when it comes to things like this. People will die, people will get hurt, but it will all be worth it when they achieve their freedom. It was worth it for us, and it will be worth it for them.

Well that’s my opinion anyway.

Unfortunately in the end, I don't think it is going to help the Iranian people any. I doubt that much changes. Who knows though, maybe this is the start of a slow change process which in the coming years can be built upon

Well they took their country back once, I think they can do it again - but without letting religious zealots take the reins hopefully.

Forum List

Back