Let Europe and China or whoever keep it

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Artificial meat needs to be labelled as such. Does anyone know if FDA has allowed such to be listed as equivalent to the real thing like with bogus GMO Apples and Salmon with Eel genes?

Is this the new thing that has brought forth a wrath from political lackeys against ranchers like the Bundy's and Lavoy Finicum?

Did y'all know that they are attempting to give the beef market to foreigners as we speak? Thankfully a few of our senators on the security council are questioning the wisdom of this and they may be able to keep that portion which is vital to the health of the nation from happening.

We need some privates to get back into the ability to butcher home grown farm animals. That means some the states need to ease up on regulations for small producers capable of butchering the animals they raise so people can buy locally.

How close are we to a hamburger grown in a lab? - CNN - CNN.com
How close are we to a hamburger grown in a lab? - CNN
Mar 8, 2018 - The FDA said in a statement, "Given information we have at the time, it seems reasonable to think that cultured meat, if manufactured in accordance with appropriate safety standards and all relevant regulations, could be consumed safely." Mosa Meat's Post said the lengthy regulatory approval process is ...
• FDA: Fake meat GMO burger may not be safe to eat - Beyond GM
• FDA: Fake meat GMO burger may not be safe to eat
FDA: Fake meat GMO burger may not be safe to eat. August 16, 2017 by Pat Thomas. It's one of the most depressing aspects of environmentalism that pressing needs for change inevitably get turned into saleable products. As the need to reduce our meat consumption rises so too do the number of so-called 'meat ...

Raising livestock solely to eat is a huge waste of the resources this planet could use to feed starving populations of humans.
I like a nice juicy hamburger or steak as much as the next guy, but it is wasteful and not good for us, either. We have bodies adapted to be omnivorous, but we can do just fine without the meat. Enjoy it now, Rodishi, before it's gone! (At least it's better than that meat stretcher they came out with in the 70's when food prices went sky high--they were even selling it in hamburger.)

Raising livestock solely to eat is a huge waste of the resources this planet could use to feed starving populations of humans.
I like a nice juicy hamburger or steak as much as the next guy, but it is wasteful and not good for us, either. We have bodies adapted to be omnivorous, but we can do just fine without the meat. Enjoy it now, Rodishi, before it's gone! (At least it's better than that meat stretcher they came out with in the 70's when food prices went sky high--they were even selling it in hamburger.)
You seem to work pretty hard at justifying those lines you are pushing. The earth naturally needs to be grazed. That is part of the ego-system. Prior to ranchers raising beef that same land had buffalo, deer, antelope and elk grazing it. Populations starving and why is that? Go into detail and give us all a lesson on which areas of the world where that is or has happened. Don't forget to include how and why it all came to pass or is going on.

You seem to work pretty hard at justifying those lines you are pushing. The earth naturally needs to be grazed. That is part of the ego-system. Prior to ranchers raising beef that same land had buffalo, deer, antelope and elk grazing it. Populations starving and why is that? Go into detail and give us all a lesson on which areas of the world where that is or has happened. Don't forget to include how and why it all came to pass or is going on.
I'm not working hard at all. I'm not even a vegetarian. All I did was present the reasons for this sacrilegious concept of artificial meat.
I am certainly not going to play your game of blaming the starving for their plight. As time goes on, the world's population is going to grow, frighteningly so. If there's one thing we know about people, they're gonna eat or die trying. So making sure to have enough food on hand to keep them from invading OUR bread basket makes perfect sense to me.
You're just grumpy about artificial meat.

I'm not working hard at all. I'm not even a vegetarian. All I did was present the reasons for this sacrilegious concept of artificial meat.
I am certainly not going to play your game of blaming the starving for their plight. As time goes on, the world's population is going to grow, frighteningly so. If there's one thing we know about people, they're gonna eat or die trying. So making sure to have enough food on hand to keep them from invading OUR bread basket makes perfect sense to me.
Another excuse? How many do you have?

Only you are saying that I am blaming the poor for their plight. Bad management of available resources and corruption are generally the cause of nations that get into that starvation mode.

Only you are saying that I am blaming the poor for their plight. Bad management of available resources and corruption are generally the cause of nations that get into that starvation mode.
No, YOU are blaming the starving. I pointed out why it was (imo) smarter to feed them than point fingers at their less than perfect governments. Or the changes in climate that are turning their farmland into deserts.
You are still ignoring the fact that soon there will be many more mouths to feed. The luxury of using millions of arable acres to feed livestock (not just grazing land but corn, hay, alfalfa) will probably be a thing of the past by the time our grandchildren's children are retired.

No, YOU are blaming the starving. I pointed out why it was (imo) smarter to feed them than point fingers at their less than perfect governments. Or the changes in climate that are turning their farmland into deserts.
You are still ignoring the fact that soon there will be many more mouths to feed. The luxury of using millions of arable acres to feed livestock (not just grazing land but corn, hay, alfalfa) will probably be a thing of the past by the time our grandchildren's children are retired.
Have you ever at anytime in your misguided life been out of the city long enough to spend anytime on a cattle ranch or a farm in the United States? I suggest you try it for awhile in varied areas across the country so you might then have more accurate view from a hands experience in that working environment instead of depending on a book or paper written by a person you have never met. A consensus of opinion whether written or spoken is no guarantee of accuracy. Especially when there is an agenda at stake. Do you have any clue how many acres are being paid for not to be farm? How about how many acres are under active production to give away tax dollars for a few bio-fuel suppliers? Its all a bio-fuel ponzi scheme for wall street investors to support international investment funds who are no more than lackeys and shills for the UN and the Tri-lateral Commission.

I'm not ignoring anything. You can't make a valid point. All you can do is promote the opinions of others and your own opinion whose gravy train you want to have a ticket to ride on. You are still grasping at straws in your attempt to facilitate assigning a monetary value to someone else's non-existent scenario as described in your first statement. That makes you a shill or a lackey. Whether you get paid for it or not is none of my business but when you teach such garbage to gullible teenagers and young adults basing your opinion on some degree you have makes it my business. My tax dollars could be supporting if not financing the kind of shit you are preaching.

Forum List

Back