LESTER HOLT WAS WRONG ABOUT STOP AND FRISK - Wall Street Journal

re
How in the hell do you know??? Where is your source for that dumb ass comment???

Now for the FACTS for idiots like you!!!

Trump is correct that the murder rate has plummeted in New York City in the last two decades.
But the same could be said for many other large American cities during the same period, and there's no way to credit stop-and-frisk for the decline.

Stop-and-frisk was a popular tactic for much of the last 15 years in New York City. But even as it's fallen out of favor under the administration of Mayor de Blasio, the murder rate remains a long way off from where it was in the 1990s, when it topped 2,000 a year. City police department statistics show there were 352 murders and non-negligent homicides in 2015, compared with 673 in 2000 and 539 in 2005.
The NYPD weighed in on stop-and-frisk during the debate and said stops are down 97 percent since 2011. As stops declined, so did crime, which disputes Trump's claim.

Source: Debate Fact Check: Trump on Stop-and-Frisk and Crime Rates in NYC | NBC New York Debate Fact Check: Trump on Stop-and-Frisk in NYC

So you idiots and stupid people like the above just seem to forget a very very fundamental FACT!
Let's use a simple analogy....
Assume bad guys on the streets carry guns because no one is stopping them and frisking.
Assume you are walking down the street and see these same bad guys carrying guns.
Do you continue to walk down the street? Or do you cross over to the other side?

What happened to conservatives' love of open carry?

Not a problem THEN!
If I a legal law abiding citizen could have a gun in NYC I'd be able to confidently walk down the same street!
Good point!

Do the police know you're law abiding. What if the police stop and frisk every armed citizen in an open carry city?

so what if you are law abiding you move on

if your a criminal you move on to the big house

lol, really? So you think the NRA and the gun rights nuts would have no objection to gun carriers being accosted by the police every time they're seen armed?

Of course not you idiot! It is BECAUSE we have the right to carry the bad guys ALSO know it!
Hence the crimes would decrease, HENCE the cops knowing that the bad guys also know that the GOOD guys are carrying don't NEED to stop and frisk as much.
Crime declines when people are able to defend themselves.
Only idiots don't see the direct correlation. If crime is going up it's because cops can't stop and frisk.
If bad guys know that I maybe carrying then their opportunities decline...hence crime declines.
It is a direct correlation that common sense points out. Which is what is lacking in people like you! Common sense. Decency. Law abiding. RESPECT!
None of which you've displayed!

re

Not a problem THEN!
If I a legal law abiding citizen could have a gun in NYC I'd be able to confidently walk down the same street!
Good point!

Do the police know you're law abiding. What if the police stop and frisk every armed citizen in an open carry city?

lol, really? So you think the NRA and the gun rights nuts would have no objection to gun carriers being accosted by the police every time they're seen armed?

Of course not you idiot! It is BECAUSE we have the right to carry the bad guys ALSO know it!
Hence the crimes would decrease, HENCE the cops knowing that the bad guys also know that the GOOD guys are carrying don't NEED to stop and frisk as much.
Only idiots don't see the direct correlation. If crime is going up it's because cops can't stop and frisk.
If bad guys know that I maybe carrying then their opportunities decline...hence crime declines.
It is a direct correlation that common sense points out. Which is what is lacking in people like you! Common sense. Decency. Law abiding. RESPECT!
. Hmm, I think I'm against open carry, and I am far more in favor of concealed carry. Open carry could bring about the same results that are stigmatising the police, and it could bring about challenges that would be out of line by those who see the open carrier as being aggressive, and are aggressive in their posturing. The open carry person may end up being set up easier, where as they become an open target as well. Concealed carry answers all these problems, and is far more practical and safe for everybody. Like Trump says, why give up your secrets or positions with dumb advertisement of such things ??? He is right when it comes to our military, and it applies to such things as this just as well. Don't advertise or let a potential danger get the upper hand due to ones pure stupidity on display in more ways than one.

re

Not a problem THEN!
Good point!

lol, given that most of the gun violence in the big cities occurs in gang activity, and ALL the gangs are armed, and they regularly shoot each other,

where do more guns in the mix stop that?

re
Not a problem THEN!
Good point!

lol, given that most of the gun violence in the big cities occurs in gang activity, and ALL the gangs are armed, and they regularly shoot each other,

where do more guns in the mix stop that?

GEEZ... the BIG BIG difference is the gangs are armed ILLEGALLY! They get guns because they don't care if they break the law!
On the other hand LAW abiding citizens that are properly trained in carrying a gun would over time be able to thwart any gangs with guns that might approach them.

Mary Shepard — an Illinois resident with no criminal record who is licensed to carry a concealed handgun in two other states —
was prohibited by Illinois law from carrying a firearm at the time she and an 83-year-old coworker
were viciously attacked by a six-foot-three-inch, 245-pound man with a violent past and a criminal record.

She was lucky to survive. Her injuries required extensive surgery and physical therapy.

Judge Posner said in the majority decision, “One doesn’t have to be a historian to realize that a right to keep and bear arms for personal self-defense in the eighteenth century could not rationally have been limited to the home...
a Chicagoan is a good deal more likely to be attacked on a sidewalk than in his apartment on the 35th floor.”
Do legally-armed citizens prevent crime?

The new survey, conducted by random telephone sampling of 4,978 households in all the states except Alaska and Hawaii, yield results indicating that American civilians use their firearms as often as 2.5 million times every year defending against a confrontation with a criminal, and that handguns alone account for up to 1.9 million defenses per year. Previous surveys, in Kleck's analysis, had underrepresented the extent of private firearms defenses because the questions asked failed to account for the possibility that a particular respondent might have had to use his or her firearm more than once.
Private Guns Stop Crime 2.5M Times A Year In US
4,978 households as a sample of 39.8 million households that have guns in the United States. According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, a household consists of all the people who occupy a housing unit.
were sampled.One in Three Americans Own Guns; Culture a Factor, Study Finds

The reality is 2.5 million times the defense against a criminal confrontation was a gun.

Forum List

Back