Less than 90 days until college football season kicks off!

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
We are down to 89 days until kickoff.

On 9/1 Alabama and Michigan meet in Dallas to start the season.

Michigan gets to be the first team beaten by the Crimson Tide to start the 2012 season.

Roll Tide!!

Michigan gets to be the first team beaten by the Crimson Tide to start the 2012 season.

Roll Tide!!

Michigan can't beat the Buckeye's. plus the SEC controlled voters would never put a team that has a record of 24-9 against the SEC.

SEC controlled voters? LMAO!

Roll Tide!!

Michigan can't beat the Buckeye's. plus the SEC controlled voters would never put a team that has a record of 24-9 against the SEC.

That's right! BCS voter didn't put Michigan in against OSU in 2006 because if you don't win your conference you shouldn't be in the National Championship game(and I agree) but that is fine if it is Alabama vs LSU. Also they put OU in over the best team in college football(USC) in 2003.

That's right! BCS voter didn't put Michigan in against OSU in 2006 because if you don't win your conference you shouldn't be in the National Championship game(and I agree) but that is fine if it is Alabama vs LSU. Also they put OU in over the best team in college football(USC) in 2003.

If you want the BCS Championship to be about conference champions, then put that in the rules before the season starts. Otherwise, go with the rules as they stand. The BCS Championship game is between the best teams.

And if the SEC controls the people who write the schedules, why did 6 teams on Bama's 2010 schedule get the week off before they played the Crimson Tide? And that includes 3 SEC powerhouses.

If the SEC controls the BCS scheduling, why did Auburn get snubbed in '04?

Last edited:

If you want the BCS Championship to be about conference champions, then put that in the rules before the season starts. Otherwise, go with the rules as they stand. The BCS Championship game is between the best teams.

And if the SEC controls the people who write the schedules, why did 6 teams on Bama's 2010 schedule get the week off before they played the Crimson Tide? And that includes 3 SEC powerhouses.

SEC makes their own scedule. And Oklahomo is one of the teams the press loves.

Bama has played some top out-of-conference teams since Saban took over. Be patient. The Buckeyes will make the list soon enough.

Bama has played some top out-of-conference teams since Saban took over. Be patient. The Buckeyes will make the list soon enough.

I think Bama was the best team last year. I think the SEC is one of the top conferences, if not the top conference. One thing I like about the SEC is they spare no expense to get the top coaches,they are by far the best coached conference.

I think Bama was the best team last year. I think the SEC is one of the top conferences, if not the top conference. One thing I like about the SEC is they spare no expense to get the top coaches,they are by far the best coached conference.

I have to agree. After the parade of jokes we had coaching at Bama, they finally went out and spent what it took to bring in the best. While plenty of people scream about what Saban makes, the football team is a money-maker for the University of Alabama.

The NFL minor leagues! Ok guys which team will win the Title only to be found guilty of cheating in some way a few months later? And with millions in Bowl and TV appearance money at stake, cheating is to be expected.

It shouldn't be too hard as there is only about 5 or 10 teams who are good enough to win 11 or 12 games.

The NFL minor leagues! Ok guys which team will win the Title only to be found guilty of cheating in some way a few months later? And with millions in Bowl and TV appearance money at stake, cheating is to be expected.

It shouldn't be too hard as there is only about 5 or 10 teams who are good enough to win 11 or 12 games.

First of all, plenty of teams make it and win without cheating.

Second of all, the rules that the NCAA holds these teams to are absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing even close in any other area of college life.

Yeah, college provides the players for the NFL. But how many kids playing college ball realistically expect to go pro? The rest are playing their hearts out for love of the game and traditions.

Plus, how often do you get the level of upsets that college football gets? Show me a pro equivelent of Iowa State beating OK? Or Appalachian State beating Michigan?

Second of all, the rules that the NCAA holds these teams to are absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing even close in any other area of college life.

Yeah, college provides the players for the NFL. But how many kids playing college ball realistically expect to go pro? The rest are playing their hearts out for love of the game and traditions.

Plus, how often do you get the level of upsets that college football gets? Show me a pro equivelent of Iowa State beating OK? Or Appalachian State beating Michigan?
My responses in brackets:

First of all, plenty of teams make it and win without cheating. (Name one. I submit they just haven't been caught, yet.)

Second of all, the rules that the NCAA holds these teams to are absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing even close in any other area of college life. (And only enforced when they win)

Yeah, college provides the players for the NFL. But how many kids playing college ball realistically expect to go pro? The rest are playing their hearts out for love of the game and traditions. (The ones getting a scholarship do)

Plus, how often do you get the level of upsets that college football gets? Show me a pro equivelent of Iowa State beating OK? Or Appalachian State beating Michigan? (N.Y. beat Undefeated N.E in the SB. Plus plenty of good teams have gone to sleep in the playoffs)

Hey, when a ton of money is dependent upon many people watching you can bet:

a. There's cheating
b. It's rigged in some way

I'm not just being a pessimist, I'm being a realist. You forget Don King? Point shaving scandals?

We know TV is scripted but we seem to think Sports, at all levels, are not? :lol:

My responses in brackets:

First of all, plenty of teams make it and win without cheating. (Name one. I submit they just haven't been caught, yet.)

Second of all, the rules that the NCAA holds these teams to are absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing even close in any other area of college life. (And only enforced when they win)

Yeah, college provides the players for the NFL. But how many kids playing college ball realistically expect to go pro? The rest are playing their hearts out for love of the game and traditions. (The ones getting a scholarship do)

Plus, how often do you get the level of upsets that college football gets? Show me a pro equivelent of Iowa State beating OK? Or Appalachian State beating Michigan? (N.Y. beat Undefeated N.E in the SB. Plus plenty of good teams have gone to sleep in the playoffs)

Hey, when a ton of money is dependent upon many people watching you can bet:

a. There's cheating
b. It's rigged in some way

I'm not just being a pessimist, I'm being a realist. You forget Don King? Point shaving scandals?

We know TV is scripted but we seem to think Sports, at all levels, are not? :lol:

I would never claim there is no cheating. But, for the most part, it is athletic competition. The amount of money spent on coaching staff and facilities plays a bigger part in who wins than does whatever cheating is done.

I am not pessimistic enough to think every unexpected outcome is the result of cheating.

Forum List

Back