Less than 30% think Republican congress will be more productive

Will Republican congress be more productive?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just like when Congress shut down and Obama pissed a hissy fit and SPENT money to close down Parks that were normally open 24/7. They did it because they are assholes, not because it was the right thing to do.

That is a gross distortion of what actually happened.

Really? That asshole closed memorials all over the globe. I had a friend who was on his last cruise (he died a month after getting back) who wished to visit the memorial on Iwo Jima (where he had fought during the war, and he was denied along with everyone else. It is a 24/7 memorial that Obama closed at an expense of over 100,000 dollars, just to show he was the "BIG MAN".

"A group of 92 Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight Veterans refused to let a government shutdown stop them from entering the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C., this morning.

Though the memorial was technically closed due to the government shutdown that went into effect early this morning, they managed to enter the memorial and tour the site.

Reps. Steve King, R-Iowa, and Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., said in interviews that the gates were opened for the veterans to access the memorial.

The vets were taking part in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight that was originally established in 2011 to help fly the state's WWII veterans to Washington D.C., free of charge, and provide tours so that they may see the memorials dedicated to honor their service."

World War II Veterans Cross Memorial Barricades Despite Shutdown - ABC News

Blaming Obama for the shutdown is the gross distortion.

I didn't blame Obama for the shutdown. I blame him for closing the memorials.

Stephen Hayes@stephenfhayes Follow

At the WWII Memorial, Carol Johnson w/the Park Service says they were told to close the site by White House's Office of Management & Budget.

7:44 AM - 2 Oct 2013

Barry-cades confirmed Park Service says Obama admin ordered closure of World War II Memorial Twitchy

most Americans won't do some of the jobs some of these people are willing to do.....and for so little. I'm sure many rich think they are beneficial, too, help made them rich.

Tough. Screw the rich. Deport their illegal, cheap labor. Immediamente!

Except the rich have enough money to tough it through.....so in the end, the middle class will be the ones that end up being screwed.

The middle class will be helped when we deport the illegals.

I realize you really believe that, but that doesn't make it so. Provide backup....otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

Report Immigrants benefit middle class - Immigration Chronicles

Benefits Of Illegal Immigration in the United States Benefits Of

I realize you really believe that, but that doesn't make it so. Provide backup....

Well, I know in my area, illegals mostly cost the public schools, cost the local hospitals, cost the criminal justice system.
They also drive down wages for unskilled Americans and therefore drive up the costs of our welfare system.
I mow my own lawn, so I don't see much benefit. How much do they benefit you?

They benefit me in that I am able to get vegetables and fruit at the local grocery store at a reasonable price....you do know that they do pay taxes, so I don't see how they cost the public schools.....also, they are not able to get Obamacare.....

You still haven't provided any backup to your beliefs....so how do you even know that is happening? It's probably just Republican/conservative mythology.

I wonder how long farmers in Alabama are going to support their Republican leaders, considering their recent action?

The picking of blueberries, tomatoes and squash largely requires hand labor, McMillan said Monday, and the work is no longer getting done.

McMillan said he recently visited a farmer who has 75 acres of squash in north Jackson County.

"It was just rotting in the fields because he had half the labor," McMillan told The Huntsville Times editorial board. "That's a fact. What I'm telling you is what I've seen."

In June, the new Republican majority in Montgomery passed a sweeping 72-page act that is widely considered the toughest crackdown on illegal immigration in the country. The act not only allows local police to detain people suspected of being in the country illegally, the law also makes it a crime for illegal immigrants to look for work in Alabama.

Alabama farmers losing immigrant labor see produce rotting in the fields AL.com

They benefit me in that I am able to get vegetables and fruit at the local grocery store at a reasonable price....

Sounds like a good reason for a guest worker program.

....you do know that they do pay taxes, so I don't see how they cost the public schools

The ones that steal a Social Security number and actually pay taxes don't make nearly enough to pay for the $7000 instructional cost per student in Illinois. Or the $12000 in per student operational spending. The ones working for cash are obviously contributing even less to the schools.

also, they are not able to get Obamacare.....

What does that have to do with the millions they cost local hospitals each year?

Except the rich have enough money to tough it through.....so in the end, the middle class will be the ones that end up being screwed.

I realize you really believe that, but that doesn't make it so. Provide backup....otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

I realize you really believe that, but that doesn't make it so. Provide backup....

Well, I know in my area, illegals mostly cost the public schools, cost the local hospitals, cost the criminal justice system.
They also drive down wages for unskilled Americans and therefore drive up the costs of our welfare system.

They benefit me in that I am able to get vegetables and fruit at the local grocery store at a reasonable price....you do know that they do pay taxes, so I don't see how they cost the public schools.....also, they are not able to get Obamacare.....

You still haven't provided any backup to your beliefs....so how do you even know that is happening? It's probably just Republican/conservative mythology.

I wonder how long farmers in Alabama are going to support their Republican leaders, considering their recent action?

The picking of blueberries, tomatoes and squash largely requires hand labor, McMillan said Monday, and the work is no longer getting done.

McMillan said he recently visited a farmer who has 75 acres of squash in north Jackson County.

"It was just rotting in the fields because he had half the labor," McMillan told The Huntsville Times editorial board. "That's a fact. What I'm telling you is what I've seen."

In June, the new Republican majority in Montgomery passed a sweeping 72-page act that is widely considered the toughest crackdown on illegal immigration in the country. The act not only allows local police to detain people suspected of being in the country illegally, the law also makes it a crime for illegal immigrants to look for work in Alabama.

They benefit me in that I am able to get vegetables and fruit at the local grocery store at a reasonable price....

....you do know that they do pay taxes, so I don't see how they cost the public schools

The ones that steal a Social Security number and actually pay taxes don't make nearly enough to pay for the $7000 instructional cost per student in Illinois. Or the $12000 in per student operational spending. The ones working for cash are obviously contributing even less to the schools.

What does that have to do with the millions they cost local hospitals each year?

Obviously you are not reading the articles that I have been providing you links to, just keep spewing your drivel without anything to back it up.

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true...........

Obviously you are not reading the articles that I have been providing you links to, just keep spewing your drivel without anything to back it up.

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true...........

Yeah, thanks for the funny articles.
I especially liked the "benefits of" article. Hilarious!
When you get a chance, explain how a low wage illegal pays enough taxes to cover the $12,000 annual cost
per kid in an Illinois school. Thanks!

most Americans won't do some of the jobs some of these people are willing to do.....and for so little. I'm sure many rich think they are beneficial, too, help made them rich.

Tough. Screw the rich. Deport their illegal, cheap labor. Immediamente!

The local jails will be filled with illegal immigrants costing Alabama taxpayers money while the underfunded CINS doesn't have the manpower or financial resources to process those illegal immigrants.

At some future point in time someone in Alabama is going to wonder why their local taxes have increased so much and they are going to be told that it is because they decided that was a great idea to house and feed illegal immigrants rather than have them house and feed themselves.

Just like when Congress shut down and Obama pissed a hissy fit and SPENT money to close down Parks that were normally open 24/7. They did it because they are assholes, not because it was the right thing to do.

That is a gross distortion of what actually happened.

Really? That asshole closed memorials all over the globe. I had a friend who was on his last cruise (he died a month after getting back) who wished to visit the memorial on Iwo Jima (where he had fought during the war, and he was denied along with everyone else. It is a 24/7 memorial that Obama closed at an expense of over 100,000 dollars, just to show he was the "BIG MAN".

"A group of 92 Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight Veterans refused to let a government shutdown stop them from entering the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C., this morning.

Though the memorial was technically closed due to the government shutdown that went into effect early this morning, they managed to enter the memorial and tour the site.

Reps. Steve King, R-Iowa, and Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., said in interviews that the gates were opened for the veterans to access the memorial.

The vets were taking part in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight that was originally established in 2011 to help fly the state's WWII veterans to Washington D.C., free of charge, and provide tours so that they may see the memorials dedicated to honor their service."

World War II Veterans Cross Memorial Barricades Despite Shutdown - ABC News

Blaming Obama for the shutdown is the gross distortion.

I didn't blame Obama for the shutdown. I blame him for closing the memorials.

Stephen Hayes@stephenfhayes Follow

At the WWII Memorial, Carol Johnson w/the Park Service says they were told to close the site by White House's Office of Management & Budget.

7:44 AM - 2 Oct 2013

Barry-cades confirmed Park Service says Obama admin ordered closure of World War II Memorial Twitchy

Seriously?

That is your "source"?

A blogger referring to a twitter?

You never stopped to question the source of your belief? You never asked for actual verifiable evidence? You just believed it because you wanted to believe it?

How about looking at the actual facts instead?

National Park Service defends shutdown closures

NPS Director Jonathan Jarvis denied the charge that the closures were politically motivated. Most of the Park Service's 20,000 employees have been furloughed during the shutdown severely limiting operations, he said.

"Given the limited staff resources during the shutdown, prudent and practical steps were taken to secure life and property at these national icons where security has become increasingly complex in a post-9/11 world," Jarvis said.

Republican disinformation versus the truth!

Obama didn't throw a "hissyfit" and didn't "spend money to shut down the parks". Those are just Republican lies.

“Will the GOP-controlled Congress be more productive than the Democrat-controlled one?” Nearly 71 percent of respondents answered “No,” with only 29 percent expressing confidence in the new Congressional group.

Overall response:

Breakdown and more details at link.

Interesting to see the differences between urban and rural.

Bottom line is that the Rs said they would work against this president and that's what their history has been. Why would we think they would suddenly change?

Additionally, every time Obama has tried to work with congress, the Rs have shout him down. Why would we think that will change?

Bottom line is that the Rs said they would work against this president and that's what their history has been. Why would we think they would suddenly change?

So they'll continue to be productive then. Good.

You have a good point.

They did say they would not do their job, would not "legislate" so, to them, being the Do Nothings is indeed "productive".

How productive can a group of geriatrics over eighty years old be?

“Will the GOP-controlled Congress be more productive than the Democrat-controlled one?” Nearly 71 percent of respondents answered “No,” with only 29 percent expressing confidence in the new Congressional group.

Overall response:

Breakdown and more details at link.

Interesting to see the differences between urban and rural.

Additionally, every time Obama has tried to work with congress, the Rs have shout him down. Why would we think that will change?

So they'll continue to be productive then. Good.

You have a good point.

They did say they would not do their job, would not "legislate" so, to them, being the Do Nothings is indeed "productive".

Now now, don't be mean to Hillary.

Think about what happened when democrats gained control of both houses during Bush's second term. How bad can it get when a democrat told us that Fannie Mae was solvent just before the economy collapsed?

Forum List

Back