Less Common Religions

Kitten, Egyptians were really advanced in math & science, do they also believe in life from other planets?

They had some myths about it, but nothing as static as what our modern alien fantasies. More speculation. The religious beliefs certainly leave room for it as well as the possibility of other worlds with other gods, they wouldn't deny it but I doubt any had a firm belief in it one way or another. I myself know there is life on other worlds somewhere, but that they come here much less interact with us I doubt it.

I only ask because I have had dreams about ufos before and so I have an interest in it.
What are the roles women take in your religion and are there things to keep in mind that if you do this wrong there is a hell place you go to ?

Many people are close to being contemporary Satanists known as LaVeyans and don't even know it. It began a few decades ago as somewhat of an orgaization under the founder Anton LaVey (a somewhat of a kook), but slowly devolved into disorganization. These type of Satanists do not believe in Satan as a person but may practice some occultism (which is usually closer to superstician). At most Satan is a symbol of their rejection of organized religion and an embracing of satisfying human urges. They are either atheists or agnostics. They mostly don't believe in sin and are very materialistic and intellectualistic. They embrace kindness to a certain extent, but also embrace hatred of those they perceive to be enemies. They do not go to any sort of church but may be cliquish.

Sound like anyone you know?

(Disclosure: I am not a LaVeyan, but like them I do not believe Satan is a person. I know this bit about it because I had a discussion on another board with a LaVeyan and looked it up on Wikipedia.)

I only ask because I have had dreams about ufos before and so I have an interest in it.
What are the roles women take in your religion and are there things to keep in mind that if you do this wrong there is a hell place you go to ?

That's why I love ancient Egyptian religion the most. Men and Women are almost equal, only women are closer to the gods while men are considered the rulers of the world. Most religious leaders of the highest temples were women, the male priests were considered guardians of the women. However they had one human gender that was even closer, the eunichs were considered the purest humans whether they chose it or not. Mostly they were once men who had their genitals removed, but some women were also considered the same status as well (the baron ones and those who lose their uterus' due to some disease). They had actually learned as much about cancer as we did and even had brain surgery, to them it was the will of the gods that we as humans become more like them, so they never stopped learning and studying everything they could. Imhotep was the greatest of the Egyptians, so great that they said he became a god himself after death. He was a doctor of all things, and was the one responsible for many medicines still in use today. The Rx symbol we use today is actually a slightly modified version of Imhoteps symbol.

Many people are close to being contemporary Satanists known as LaVeyans and don't even know it. It began a few decades ago as somewhat of an orgaization under the founder Anton LaVey (a somewhat of a kook), but slowly devolved into disorganization. These type of Satanists do not believe in Satan as a person but may practice some occultism (which is usually closer to superstician). At most Satan is a symbol of their rejection of organized religion and an embracing of satisfying human urges. They are either atheists or agnostics. They mostly don't believe in sin and are very materialistic and intellectualistic. They embrace kindness to a certain extent, but also embrace hatred of those they perceive to be enemies. They do not go to any sort of church but may be cliquish.

(Disclosure: I am not a LaVeyan, but like them I do not believe Satan is a person. I know this bit about it because I had a discussion on another board with a LaVeyan and looked it up on Wikipedia.)

Um yeah .... okay, this is just plain odd to me .. but meh, I guess it fits the topic of less common religions. Just why you posted it has be baffled.

I believe in God

No. We don't all enjoy guessing games. Why don't you stop playing games and tell us who you think doesn't believe in sin, is materialistic and intellectualistic and hates their enemies?

Who are the devils in your universe?

I nominate George W Bush.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It doesn't. Why don't you stop playing games and tell us who you think doesn't believe in sidn, is materialistic and intellecualistic and hates their enemies?

Actually the "hates their enemies" part fits a LARGE number of people, especially those who say they don't but then act against them in any way they can. But the rest ... well .... intelligence is never a bad thing, materialism is just the way our country works now and some people just need to get over it.

But yeah, that's why that post baffles me as well.

The Dalai Lama does not hate the Chinese. I think that is extrarordinary considering how many Tibetans the Chinese murdered and how many monasteries were destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dalai Lama does not hate the Chinese. I think that is extrarordinary considering how many Tibetans the Chinese murdered and how many monasteries were destroyed.

Although his reasoning is logical, he admits to also being flawed in many ways as well and now wants a chance to correct them. If the Chinese would give him another chance I think he would do better this time. I can't recall all the details but needless to say, he learned from his mistakes and we can only hope the Chinese do as well. So no, he doesn't hate, but this is because he wise enough to see that we all have flaws.

Although his reasoning is logical, he admits to also being flawed in many ways as well and now wants a chance to correct them. If the Chinese would give him another chance I think he would do better this time. I can't recall all the details but needless to say, he learned from his mistakes and we can only hope the Chinese do as well. So no, he doesn't hate, but this is because he wise enough to see that we all have flaws.

He could teach George Bush a few things. It takes a big person to admit mistakes and take action to correct them.

I have heard His Holiness speak many times. One thing that always impresses me is his genuine humility and kindness.

I remember him saying that he never feels when he is meeting people for the first time that they are strangers. He says he feels as though he is meeting another human being, just like himself, who wants to be happy and who doesn't want to suffer. So in this way, everyone he meets becomes his friend.

He could teach George Bush a few things. It takes a big person to admit mistakes and take action to correct them.

I have heard His Holiness speak many times. One thing that always impresses me is his genuine humility and kindness.

I remember him saying that he never feels when he is meeting people for the first time that they are strangers. He says he feels as though he is meeting another human being, just like himself, who wants to be happy and who doesn't want to suffer. So in this way, everyone he meets becomes his friend.

He could teach many extremists a thing or two. I admire him because of his learning curve, it's much sharper than most people I have met. His humility and kindness are genuine now, traits he did not have before being kicked out of China and his land taken, but instead of holding resentment he learned from it and understood why they did it.

I just wish China would be bigger than they are and forgive him finally, once they had seen he learned his mistake they should have let it go, but instead they are being arrogant and pigheaded keeping him out.

He could teach many extremists a thing or two. I admire him because of his learning curve, it's much sharper than most people I have met. His humility and kindness are genuine now, traits he did not have before being kicked out of China and his land taken, but instead of holding resentment he learned from it and understood why they did it.

I just wish China would be bigger than they are and forgive him finally, once they had seen he learned his mistake they should have let it go, but instead they are being arrogant and pigheaded keeping him out.

His Holiness has a blazing intellect as well as wisdom and compassion. The Chinese are hurting themselves.

HH has such a long view of karma, that he understands the mistakes the Tibetans made that led to the country being overthrown by China. HH says that Tibet was too content to be isolated, and had not made friends.

His Holiness has a blazing intellect as well as wisdom and compassion. The Chinese are hurting themselves.

HH has such a long view of karma, that he understands the mistakes the Tibetans made that led to the country being overthrown by China. HH says that Tibet was too content to be isolated, and had not made friends.

Well, someday they will see that return to them. That's the only thing that we can look forward to.

No. We don't all enjoy guessing games. Why don't you stop playing games and tell us who you think doesn't believe in sin, is materialistic and intellectualistic and hates their enemies?

Who are the devils in your universe?

I nominate George W Bush.
I wasn't playing a guessing game. I was asking if you knew anyone in your life who fits the description I gave of LaVeyans and didn't even know it. I have known a number of people that do.

Actually the "hates their enemies" part fits a LARGE number of people, especially those who say they don't but then act against them in any way they can. But the rest ... well .... intelligence is never a bad thing, materialism is just the way our country works now and some people just need to get over it.

But yeah, that's why that post baffles me as well.
What's so baffling? You asked about alternate religions and I described one. It just happens to be one with a stereotyped name of "Satanism" that actually fits many people even though they would never describe themselves as Satanists.

Last edited:
good morning....i follow an anciet goddess...hecate..the goddess of magic, witches and the crossroads. she comes from the greeks....she is at the same time dark and forboding.....overseeing death ....but many forget she blesses births...

i think the fear of discussing satanism is due to the fact that we get lumped with satanists by the ignorant. i will give the satanist this..they have the highest rate of retention...i guess once you go with satan you never go back....i fully think there are people who worship the black lord or satan..why would they not..he is after all mentioned in the bible and was a great angel at one time...but i think we must be very careful to denote the differences between satanism and the other ancient religions.

Forum List

Back