Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.
Agreed. The diocese made it right.

Now, ask yourself if SHE used her mother's funeral to make a political point.

The priest at the church did not know her. I doubt she is a member at that parish. I doubt she is a member at any parish, with a 19 year same sex relationship.

So, why would a fallen away or even a non-Catholic insist on communion? Maybe because the Maryland House of Delegates just passed a same sex marriage law (legalizing) and the Governor of MD is to sign it Friday?

Hmmmmm.

Wow! Change your tune much? Is it because I am not calling him out?
I always knew you were a grown up.

haven't 'changed' any 'tune'. And it had jack shit to do with you.

Sure it didn't. :lol:

If it had been a right winger calling him out you would have been all over him. Are you bi polar? Because you were cool last week, but this week you are back to being a bitch? I know I wasn't around much, so I don't think I did anything??? I am figuring there is some new drama I don't know about, or you are bi polar.

I appreciate that this might be difficult for you but.... not everything is about you. I post what I want, when I want, where I want. I call out anyone - absolutely anyone - without reference to their political ideology. I don't play favorites and I don't ignore shit from someone because they have some kind of 'friendship' with me. You should know that... I do what I believe is right, not what is expedient or popular.

Idiot.

LOL! The event took place on Saturday, even.

And, the vote in the House of Delegates was earlier this week. And, this made the WaPo.

Riiiiiiiiight. Nothing political.

Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.

The priest at the church did not know her. I doubt she is a member at that parish. I doubt she is a member at any parish, with a 19 year same sex relationship.

So, why would a fallen away or even a non-Catholic insist on communion? Maybe because the Maryland House of Delegates just passed a same sex marriage law (legalizing) and the Governor of MD is to sign it Friday?

Hmmmmm.

Well, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt on that.

Hmmmmm.

Hey, I'm sorry for her loss too.

I wonder what her mother would have thought. Being a devout Catholic, I doubt her mother was all that keen on this 19 year relationship. Were the daughter and her mom even all that close at that point? Then, to use her funeral (possibly)? Yuck.

This stinks all around.

I am not Catholic, but can a priest give communion to a non-catholic or an non practicing catholic? Anyway her looks most likely scared the Bejesus out of him.

Hmmmmm.

I wonder what her mother would have thought. Being a devout Catholic, I doubt her mother was all that keen on this 19 year relationship. Were the daughter and her mom even all that close at that point? Then, to use her funeral (possibly)? Yuck.

This stinks all around.

At least they reported the apology as well as the complaint. But, yea, I do see your point.

Hmmmmm.

This stinks all around.

You have a pattern of making a stink where ever you post. On this thread, you assume the lesbian was using her mother's funeral to make a political statement. Then you act like your opinion is fact. You act like you know everything about this woman and her mother. You presume she rejected her daughter. You don't know that.

This woman more likely was hurt at a time when she was most vulnerable by a priest who politicized communion at a funeral.

The priest also refused to accompany the family to the cemetery.

Last edited:

This stinks all around.

You have a pattern of making a stink where ever you post. On this thread, you assume the lesbian was using her mother's funeral to make a political statement. Then you act like your opinion is fact.

This woman more likely was hurt at a time when she was most vulnerable by a priest who politicized communion at a funeral.

Refusing to give communion is not 'politicizing' it, you dumb broad.

Nice that you ignore the fact that she was the one who went to the media about it, not the Church. This is her politicizing the issue, not the Church. I am not surprised that you are too obsessed about sexuality to understand that.

Last edited:

This stinks all around.

At least they reported the apology as well as the complaint. But, yea, I do see your point.
I am glad the diocese apologized, too. They took the high road.

The elevation of her road is highly suspicious to me.

It would be interesting to know what really happened since the Priest acted quite correctly.

My Catholic friends tell me confession then communion. Communion isn't taken while celebrating a sin.

The priest was wrong. If Barbara Jordan hadn't complained, the archdiocese wouldn't have known of the priest's unkind behavior. How does the priest know the woman was in sin. She could be celibate. Just living with a woman doesn't mean anything.

This stinks all around.

You have a pattern of making a stink where ever you post. On this thread, you assume the lesbian was using her mother's funeral to make a political statement. Then you act like your opinion is fact. You act like you know everything about this woman and her mother. You presume she rejected her daughter. You don't know that.

The priest also refused to accompany the family to the cemetery.
I act like it's fact, eh? I guess my use of "possibly" confused you.

The timing of this, the fact that she cannot be a welcomed member of any parish with a 19 year relationship - without being told each week she is in sin - and seeks Holy Communion, etc.

Asking questions is not presumption, you dimwit. :lol:

It stinks of political motive. Circumstantial, and it stinks.

Unfortunately, many aspects of a gay or lesbian's person's life is political.

Grieving your mother should not be.

What happened to my double pos reps?

Unfortunately, many aspects of a gay or lesbian's person's life is political.

Grieving your mother should not be.

What happened to my double pos reps?
I gave you your second one this morning.

Are you claiming I didn't?

This should be fun.........................

Forum List

Back