Lesbian Fire Chief Orders San Diego Gay Pride March

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ScreamingEagle, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Imagine government employees being forced to march in a pro-life parade...can you imagine the protests?
    So where is the ACLU protecting the rights of these straight firemen? Oh, there they are...marching along in the gay parade...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    What are the jobs of public school teachers and firefighters? Public schools are to teach the basics – Math, English, Science, etc. It is not to have children pray to Jesus and sing Christmas songs. Firefighters are to fight fires – not subject themselves to parades that they do not want to attend. You might be surprised to learn that I think that the firemen should not have been required to attend the parade.

By the way, I do not bow to the ACLU. There are probably some positions that it has taken that I disagree with.

3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Queers pay taxes too. If you can't take some muscle queens giving you a hard time, then I don't think you're mentally tough enough to run into a burning house. These guys should find a different line of work.

4. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    The question is not whether or not that can take some muscle queens. It is whether or not their job description calls on them to take some muscle. I don’t like dogs. Thankfully, my job does not require me to visit a kennel. I don’t like political speeches. My job does not require me to attend a political speech. The firefighter’s line of work is to fight fires. His line of work is not that of a policeman or a parade attendee.

5. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    snowman wrote:
    I agree completely!!! And you know what else? Bosses in the workplace are taxpayers too...so if some silly secretary or other employee can't handle a friendly pat on the ass or a sexual innuendo while delivering the coffee or preparing for a business meeting...then I don't think they are tough enough to handle the corporate world...these girls should find a different line of work...sexual harassment is such a silly concept.

If the individual firefighters CHOSE to attend the pro-gay rally and then pretended to be shocked and offended by what they saw there, you MAY have had a point...since that isn't the case, however...your point just looks silly. Firefighters are some of the most brave, heroic, selfless individuals out there....and they deserve far better than you belittling them simply because they didn't feel that having sexual innuendos hurled at them was part of their job description.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Very well put!

7. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    You guys must all be a bunch of closet queers. Never been hit on by a queer? Laugh it off and tell them you're not interested. Jesus.

8. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    The boss/workplace analogy is so off-base that it doesn't even deserve a response.

9. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Must I repeat myself? You totally miss the point. The firemen could have probably easily taken it. The firemen should not have been required to go. Perhaps I don’t like the beach. Perhaps I prefer to spend time in the city. I should not be required to go to a beach as part of my job. It is not part of my job description.

Suppose that your boss told you that as part of your job, you’d have to politely sit through a “God Hates Fags” rally.

10. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    You didn't just pull out the "you said something I disagree with in a thread that has something to do with homosexuality so I'm going to call you a closet queer" did you? Did you, snowman? Because if you did, then you just went from someone who made one bad post, to a sad poster who needs to fall back on the most pathetic of overused, poorly reasoned, basically homophobic comments because you, seemingly, have nothing else to say.

Neither Mattskramer or I give two shits about the fact that these men and women may have been hit on by someone who is homosexual. We are addressing the fact that they should not have been forced to attend the event in the first place. If you had actually read my post before coming up with the really clever and original "you must be a queer cause you say stuff I don't like" comment, you would have noted that I actually stated that if the individuals attended the event willingly then they would have not had a leg to stand on when it came to claiming that they were offended...but they were not given a choice...hence the problem.

Ok...its your turn...go ahead and call me gay again...it doesn't bother me in the slightest but it obviously makes you feel better and it makes you look like an even bigger imbecile than you did before...so everybody wins. Yay!