Lesbian Fire Chief Orders San Diego Gay Pride March

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Imagine government employees being forced to march in a pro-life parade...can you imagine the protests?
So where is the ACLU protecting the rights of these straight firemen? Oh, there they are...marching along in the gay parade...

August 07, 2007
by Steve Yuhas

It has always been a burning question for me: does size matter to lesbians. Unfortunately for the lesbian fire chief of San Diego, Tracy Jarman, we know the answer is yes because when she ordered that four straight firefighters to endure hours of sexual harassment for the enjoyment of the gays lining the gay pride parade route all bets were off. After all, she did not want her fire department to be outshined by the gaily marching San Diego police chief.

So now we know the answer, but it is going to be an expensive lesson to learn because while finding it out Jarman not only subjected her firefighters to hours of sexual harassment, but wasted tax dollars due to the lawsuit arising out of her poor judgment.

San Diego can hardly afford yet another lawsuit. If it isn’t retirement benefits or indicted city councilmen it is sexual harassment of the worst kind – the kind that you cannot control because your fire chief who pledged that her sexuality would never get in the way of her sound judgment allowed it to do exactly that.

Jarman saw to it that her firefighters were not only subjected to sexual harassment by the thousands of gathered perverts, but showed horrendously bad judgment and those two things in combination mean that her days should be numbered as the number one fireman, uh person, in the city.

One party will almost certainly pay will be the tax payers of San Diego, but we’re so used to it that we’re used to paying for the bad decisions of those we put in charge. The only other person that can pay is Jarman herself and there is no choice – she should resign immediately or the mayor should fire her – oh wait – he was too busy to notice that an out of control fire chief was ordering men to march in the gay parade because he was marching too. What is it about gay parades and politicians?

The story is rather simple: on July 20, 2007 four firemen were told that they would be participating in the heretofore voluntary gay pride parade the following day. They protested and asked not to be subjected to what is so obviously a parade that brings out all of the things that gays pretend they’re not. They were ordered to show up, in uniform, and drive their engine down the parade route. They followed the order of their superiors and exactly what was predictable happened.

They were harassed and then jeered when these family men did not comply with the wishes of the obstinate crowd demanding some level of sexuality from men whose duty is to put out fires not give a cheap thrill to middle-aged men looking for one.

Gay pride organizers said that gay pride was not only family friendly but all about the lisping diversity of the gay community. So what did this family friendly crowd want from the firemen whose job is to save lives in the very community that showed them so little respect?

Easy – here is just some of what the crowd yelled: “Show me your hose,” “you can put out my fire,” “you’re making me hot,” “give me mouth-to-mouth,” “you look hungry, why don’t you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a “Girth and Mirth” t-shirt),” and “blow my hose.” That is a kind of family friendly that I never heard before – and people brought their kids.

Imagine any other parade and any other group being forced to march in it. Imagine the hoopla if a pro-life parade was held and any government employee was forced to march. The ACLU would be having a fit if just one public servant was ordered to march in that parade (they’d demand money if one gallon of city gas was used to take a fire engine down a street in support of life). But where are they when four firefighters are used as sex toys by the fire chief?

Nowhere, but then again they were busy marching in the parade too because what would a gay day parade be without the ACLU squarely (or queerly) in line.

Luckily for the firemen the Thomas More Law Center is filing suit claiming, quite rightly, that the firefighters who were forced to march by a lesbian fire chief in a gay parade were not only used as pawns to make the firefighting contingent bigger than the police, but that they were sexually harassed to boot. Not a bad claim considering I warned everyone not only in print, but on my radio program that gay pride is what it is and I guess it takes four firemen to listen because the media acts as if it is a love fest.

A few years ago I wrote an opinion piece for the San Diego Union-Tribune called “An odd way to bring gays into the mainstream” where I spelled out what gay pride parades were all about. Essentially nothing has changed – unless you count the fact that under the lesbian leadership of the fire department that being a gay firefighter went from voluntary to compulsory – and the parades and festivals are the same.

In 2004 I wrote, “The gay parade that traverses University Avenue is, perhaps, the most obnoxious of what gays call pride. The parade starts with "Dykes on Bikes" (lesbians on motorcycles) who are topless with simple strands of tape covering what most women consider private parts. Floats pumping 120 beats per minute dance music topped off with gyrating men wearing little more than thongs follow cowardly politicians who believe that the gay vote is so important that they march in a parade where words like "fag," "queer" and "dyke" are used interchangeably with homosexual and gay – forget for a moment that gays demand that straights who use that language be charged for hate crimes.”

Nothing has changed except today the chief of the fire services decided to order her firemen not to go home and spend more time with their families, not to train or be on stand by in case something happened during the event – no this time the fire chief ordered that four men who did not want to be subjected to the same thing that happens every year be subjected to it. For that she should lose her job and the city should be made to pay.

Gay firemen and police are nothing new and there was nothing stopping gay firemen, other than their schedule, from marching in the gay parade, but when the lesbian fire chief decided that her participation level had to be higher than the drag queen loving police chief – well then the line was crossed and compulsory gaydom began. The compulsory nature of gay pride in San Diego could well explain the increase in the number of participants as could the fact that some people march while they are on the city clock – but it is only the taxpayers money so who is counting?

Apparently not Tracy Jarman who happens to be the current fire chief of San Diego and by the time the Thomas More Law Center is done with the city she will probably be the former and with good reason. Jarman lacks the ability to make good decisions on the simplest of issues and since she lacked it on the issue of forcing men to be sexually harassed by throngs of gays looking for a cheap firefighter thrill – she probably lacks it on the bigger issues too.

The one question that has been answered in all of this is that even lesbians think that size matters. Who knew?

Steve Yuhas is a radio talk show host on AM 600 KOGO and may be reached at www.steveyuhas.com or [email protected]

http://www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwriters/syuhas_20070807.html

Imagine government employees being forced to march in a pro-life parade...can you imagine the protests?
So where is the ACLU protecting the rights of these straight firemen? Oh, there they are...marching along in the gay parade...

What are the jobs of public school teachers and firefighters? Public schools are to teach the basics – Math, English, Science, etc. It is not to have children pray to Jesus and sing Christmas songs. Firefighters are to fight fires – not subject themselves to parades that they do not want to attend. You might be surprised to learn that I think that the firemen should not have been required to attend the parade.

By the way, I do not bow to the ACLU. There are probably some positions that it has taken that I disagree with.

Queers pay taxes too. If you can't take some muscle queens giving you a hard time, then I don't think you're mentally tough enough to run into a burning house. These guys should find a different line of work.

The question is not whether or not that can take some muscle queens. It is whether or not their job description calls on them to take some muscle. I don’t like dogs. Thankfully, my job does not require me to visit a kennel. I don’t like political speeches. My job does not require me to attend a political speech. The firefighter’s line of work is to fight fires. His line of work is not that of a policeman or a parade attendee.

snowman wrote:
Queers pay taxes too. If you can't take some muscle queens giving you a hard time, then I don't think you're mentally tough enough to run into a burning house. These guys should find a different line of work.

I agree completely!!! And you know what else? Bosses in the workplace are taxpayers too...so if some silly secretary or other employee can't handle a friendly pat on the ass or a sexual innuendo while delivering the coffee or preparing for a business meeting...then I don't think they are tough enough to handle the corporate world...these girls should find a different line of work...sexual harassment is such a silly concept.

If the individual firefighters CHOSE to attend the pro-gay rally and then pretended to be shocked and offended by what they saw there, you MAY have had a point...since that isn't the case, however...your point just looks silly. Firefighters are some of the most brave, heroic, selfless individuals out there....and they deserve far better than you belittling them simply because they didn't feel that having sexual innuendos hurled at them was part of their job description.

snowman wrote:

I agree completely!!! And you know what else? Bosses in the workplace are taxpayers too...so if some silly secretary or other employee can't handle a friendly pat on the ass or a sexual innuendo while delivering the coffee or preparing for a business meeting...then I don't think they are tough enough to handle the corporate world...these girls should find a different line of work...sexual harassment is such a silly concept.

If the individual firefighters CHOSE to attend the pro-gay rally and then pretended to be shocked and offended by what they saw there, you MAY have had a point...since that isn't the case, however...your point just looks silly. Firefighters are some of the most brave, heroic, selfless individuals out there....and they deserve far better than you belittling them simply because they didn't feel that having sexual innuendos hurled at them was part of their job description.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Very well put!

You guys must all be a bunch of closet queers. Never been hit on by a queer? Laugh it off and tell them you're not interested. Jesus.

Must I repeat myself? You totally miss the point. The firemen could have probably easily taken it. The firemen should not have been required to go. Perhaps I don’t like the beach. Perhaps I prefer to spend time in the city. I should not be required to go to a beach as part of my job. It is not part of my job description.

Suppose that your boss told you that as part of your job, you’d have to politely sit through a “God Hates Fags” rally.

You didn't just pull out the "you said something I disagree with in a thread that has something to do with homosexuality so I'm going to call you a closet queer" did you? Did you, snowman? Because if you did, then you just went from someone who made one bad post, to a sad poster who needs to fall back on the most pathetic of overused, poorly reasoned, basically homophobic comments because you, seemingly, have nothing else to say.

Neither Mattskramer or I give two shits about the fact that these men and women may have been hit on by someone who is homosexual. We are addressing the fact that they should not have been forced to attend the event in the first place. If you had actually read my post before coming up with the really clever and original "you must be a queer cause you say stuff I don't like" comment, you would have noted that I actually stated that if the individuals attended the event willingly then they would have not had a leg to stand on when it came to claiming that they were offended...but they were not given a choice...hence the problem.

Ok...its your turn...go ahead and call me gay again...it doesn't bother me in the slightest but it obviously makes you feel better and it makes you look like an even bigger imbecile than you did before...so everybody wins. Yay!

You didn't just pull out the "you said something I disagree with in a thread that has something to do with homosexuality so I'm going to call you a closet queer" did you? Did you, snowman? Because if you did, then you just went from someone who made one bad post, to a sad poster who needs to fall back on the most pathetic of overused, poorly reasoned, basically homophobic comments because you, seemingly, have nothing else to say.

Neither Mattskramer or I give two shits about the fact that these men and women may have been hit on by someone who is homosexual. We are addressing the fact that they should not have been forced to attend the event in the first place. If you had actually read my post before coming up with the really clever and original "you must be a queer cause you say stuff I don't like" comment, you would have noted that I actually stated that if the individuals attended the event willingly then they would have not had a leg to stand on when it came to claiming that they were offended...but they were not given a choice...hence the problem.

Ok...its your turn...go ahead and call me gay again...it doesn't bother me in the slightest but it obviously makes you feel better and it makes you look like an even bigger imbecile than you did before...so everybody wins. Yay!

Fag :rofl:

There was noting in that link about attending parades.

It's implicitly defined under "when required," genius. It doesn't say "when required by an emergency." The FD isn't some hippie commune - there are people in positions of authority who issue orders, and subordinates who follow them. The chief required them to drive/operate the fire vehicle. Given that most of them will be making close to $100K/yr. (if they're not already - the Fire, Police and Corrections unions run CA) plus benefits, it would have been nice if they'd just shut up and done their jobs.

It's implicitly defined under "when required," genius. It doesn't say "when required by an emergency." The FD isn't some hippie commune - there are people in positions of authority who issue orders, and subordinates who follow them. The chief required them to drive/operate the fire vehicle. Given that most of them will be making close to $100K/yr. (if they're not already - the Fire, Police and Corrections unions run CA) plus benefits, it would have been nice if they'd just shut up and done their jobs.

Wow. So is it your position that when your boss tells you to do something that it totally unrelated to your job, you are to do it anyway without question or get fired? I remember when secretaries were expected to find gifts for their boss’s wives. Perhaps they should have no objection to doing the boss’s laundry too.

snowman wrote:

So the fire chief has the right to require his/her firefighters to attend any rally or parade for any political or social issue she/he chooses...and the firefighters involved can choose to participate mutely or what...be fired, Snowman?

Will you be so supportive when the fire chief chooses to have his/her firefighters march proudly in a KKK rally? Afterall...their job description is simply to show up "when required," right?

The bottom line, Snowman, is that the problem has nothing to do with what the rally was specifically about - it could have been an anti-abortion rally, a pro-Bush rally, a KKK rally, a pro-gay rally...the bottom line is that the job description of a firefighter should not include marching or driving in parades/rallys, etc. that support a particular political viewpoint if they do not agree with it.

The firefighters should have been told that the chief wanted to include San Diego fire trucks in the pro-gay parade...and that she wanted volunteers to do so...I have no doubt that numerous firefighters would have volunteered to drive their trucks proudly in that parade. And I, for one, would have no issue with firetrucks driving in a gay-pride parade.

It was when the choice was removed that the issue emerged. Just like your boss does not have the right to force you to support an issue you are diametrically opposed to, and I would fight for your right to not be involved in an anti-gay rally...I feel that these firefighters should have had the right to respectfully decline to appear in the parade. How they were treated when there is, in my opinion, irrelevant. The point is, they shouldn't have been forced to be there in the first place.

Really?

It's in the job description.

Any reasonable person would read that contract and assume that it is referring to driving a fire truck to, you know, an actual fire. It's an implied contract, or should be at least. Anything controversial like this should be assigned on a voluntary basis, surely they could have found some.

This is sort of like if you order a bowl of soup--the restaurant may not have a sign that says "Guaranteed Rat Turd Free!", but if you find a rat turd, the restaurant has violated an implied common-sense contract all the same. They can't fall back on "oh hey, we never said our soup was free of rat turds, tee hee hee!"

Any reasonable person would read that contract and assume that it is referring to driving a fire truck to, you know, an actual fire.

No, a dumbass would assume that.

Emergency duties are covered in the first paragraph. The fire vehicle operation "requirement" is mentioned at the end, separate from the fireman's emergency responsibilities. Did you notice how San Diego mentioned operating a fire vehicle outside of the context of an emergency? Okay, dumb question.

They weren't ordered to strip naked and give everyone a blowjob. They were ordered to drive a fire engine down the street.

Maybe instead of a fire engine, they should have driven the waaaaaaambulance. LOL

This is sort of like if you order a bowl of soup--the restaurant may not have a sign that says "Guaranteed Rat Turd Free!", but if you find a rat turd, the restaurant has violated an implied common-sense contract all the same. They can't fall back on "oh hey, we never said our soup was free of rat turds, tee hee hee!"

What a lame analogy.

strawmaniv6.jpg

Forum List

Back