Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently

"Former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explanation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.

Ms. Lerner and Holly Paz, her deputy at the IRS, filed documents in court Thursday saying tapes and transcripts of depositions they gave in a court case this year must remain sealed in perpetuity, or else they could spur an enraged public to retaliate.

“Whenever Mss. Lerner and Paz have been in the media spotlight, they have faced death threats and harassment,” attorneys for the two women argued.

At issue are tapes of the two women’s testimony and transcripts of depositions in the class action lawsuits brought against the agency on behalf of Tea Party groups targeted by Lerner and others. Those suits were settled earlier this year with the IRS not only admitting wrongdoing but offering further proof that Lerner continued the practice even after being discovered."

"Two of the “stars” of the IRS debacle where they targeted conservative groups for special attention, Lois Lerner and Holly Paz, were back in federal court last week, but not for additional charges against them. This time they’re working on fighting a request to have the records from their trial and the statements they gave sealed in perpetuity. The reason? If the rest of us heard what they said about the Tea Party, angry mobs with pitchforks and torches
would probably march on their homes."

So Lerner and her cohorts are seeking protection from the consequences of their politically partisan motivated crimes against the American people.... :p

Offer them 'limited protection ... such as 5 year 24/7 protection...in a federal penitentiary. :p

Lois Lerner: Save me from those crazed taxpayers! - Hot Air

"Former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explanation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.

Ms. Lerner and Holly Paz, her deputy at the IRS, filed documents in court Thursday saying tapes and transcripts of depositions they gave in a court case this year must remain sealed in perpetuity, or else they could spur an enraged public to retaliate.

“Whenever Mss. Lerner and Paz have been in the media spotlight, they have faced death threats and harassment,” attorneys for the two women argued.

At issue are tapes of the two women’s testimony and transcripts of depositions in the class action lawsuits brought against the agency on behalf of Tea Party groups targeted by Lerner and others. Those suits were settled earlier this year with the IRS not only admitting wrongdoing but offering further proof that Lerner continued the practice even after being discovered."

"Two of the “stars” of the IRS debacle where they targeted conservative groups for special attention, Lois Lerner and Holly Paz, were back in federal court last week, but not for additional charges against them. This time they’re working on fighting a request to have the records from their trial and the statements they gave sealed in perpetuity. The reason? If the rest of us heard what they said about the Tea Party, angry mobs with pitchforks and torches
would probably march on their homes."

So Lerner and her cohorts are seeking protection from the consequences of their politically partisan motivated crimes against the American people.... :p

Offer them 'limited protection ... such as 5 year 24/7 protection...in a federal penitentiary. :p

Lois Lerner: Save me from those crazed taxpayers! - Hot Air
Former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explanation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.
If I remember correctly she pleaded the 5th not to incriminate herself about the IRS scandals. Now why should Lois feel threatened if what she did in the IRS wasn't as bad as she made it out to be? Release the records and PROVE your innocence, right Lois?

legacy.jpg

The only thing she has to fear is what her cell mate might do to her if she is ever held accountable for her actions.

Fortunately for her, libturds rarely are.

she and hillary can form the sore loser retaliation lonely hearts club. i can think of some others.

A desperate attempt to keep the American people in the dark about the corruption of the Obama administration and Democratic Party in general.

It hold true. Liberals don't have a problem with corruption; liberals have a problem with your corruption.

is Lois in jail yet ?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This idiot loves government crime and corruption. What a moron.

that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ idiot was claiming Lois was going to jail last year.

speaking of government corruption, Trump is the sorry sob that needs a room in the slammer.

If there was justice, Lerner WOULD be in jail, where criminals belong.

Show me Trump's corruption and I'll condemn it and advocate for consequences for him. Fair enough? Why is it that you are willing to tolerate any amount of corruption by the left?

is Lois in jail yet ?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This idiot loves government crime and corruption. What a moron.

that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ idiot was claiming Lois was going to jail last year.

speaking of government corruption, Trump is the sorry sob that needs a room in the slammer.

If there was justice, Lerner WOULD be in jail, where criminals belong.

Show me Trump's corruption and I'll condemn it and advocate for consequences for him. Fair enough? Why is it that you are willing to tolerate any amount of corruption by the left?

Im good with the old piece of trash living her days out in fear for her life. the whore imprisons her self.

Very troubling that Obama Swamp Rats are not brought to justice.

Very troubling that Obama Swamp Rats are not brought to justice.

We are plagued with corruption in government because the liberal left is more than willing to accommodate any amount of corruption and malfeasance by their own and folks like Hillary know it.

Forum List

Back