Lena Horne: 1 minute 12 seconds into this...

AtlasShrieked

Jun 12, 2008
1 minute 12 seconds into this...

[youtube]EMf0Z7EPdLo[/youtube]

somebody I know mentioned they were at this concert and that"
  1. It's an excerpt from Lena Horne's show she performed at the Nederlander Theatre beginning in the summer of 1981
  2. It was amazingly hot and she didn't like air-conditioning, so everybody in the theatre was in agony. She seemed to thrive.

see if you don't get goose bumps.

she is 67 years old in this video. *edit: for clarification- ( this is from a show that ran for over a year...and I used a quote out of context...my friend saw this same set in 1981..) (some tool focused on this minute point in order to score gotcha points...she missed the forest for the trees)

how old is she now?

:clap2:

Last edited:
she is 67 years old in this video.

how old is she now?

She was 67 in that video, and that concert took place in 81? That would make her what.. 93? Interesting, since she's only 90, unless the entire internet has displayed her birthdate incorrectly.

Damn Al Gore. He invented the shit.

She was 67 in that video, and that concert took place in 81? That would make her what.. 93? Interesting, since she's only 90, unless the entire internet has displayed her birthdate incorrectly.

thought she was 91 this year?

if you're going to try and nit pick on petty points that are not relevant to the basic message at least get your head straight.

been arguing with ravi for too long?

Lena Calhoun Horne was born June 30, 1917, in Brooklyn, New York. In her... more
and yes...sometimes the entire internet(s) is wrong because people on the internet(s) are held to very few standards if any...

don't bring a little pink squirt gun to a dog fight
:eek:

Lena is truly an amazing force in music.

But if there's any female vocalist who captures my heart it's Billie Holiday

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT_h8mQsD1Y]YouTube - Billie Holiday - Lover Man[/ame]

Sorry don't know how to add videos to this site, yet.

If you happen to go to the above, my suggestion is you listen to either

"Ain't Nobody's business" or "My Man".

Fucking heroin!

if you're going to try and nit pick on petty points that are not relevant to the basic message at least get your head straight.

been arguing with ravi for too long?

and yes...sometimes the entire internet(s) is wrong because people on the internet(s) are held to very few standards if any...

don't bring a little pink squirt gun to a dog fight
:eek:

My heads in perfect working order. But here's a newsflash for you.. Sometimes, people are going to respond to your posts with something other than what you expect when you post it.

The "entire internet" crack was simple sarcasm..Not something I'd have thought needed explaining.

As for Ravi..any time you think anyone's being overexposed to her, you can feel free to rip her from our clutches and whisk her off. :eusa_pray:

My heads in perfect working order. But here's a newsflash for you.. Sometimes, people are going to respond to your posts with something other than what you expect when you post it.

The "entire internet" crack was simple sarcasm..Not something I'd have thought needed explaining.

As for Ravi..any time you think anyone's being overexposed to her, you can feel free to rip her from our clutches and whisk her off. :eusa_pray:

no problem with people responding...it's the content/context.

when you are wrong or off the reservation do you always get this upset?

being called on your crap is really a favor. it will keep you on your hooves

no problem with people responding...it's the content/context.

when you are wrong or off the reservation do you always get this upset?

being called on your crap is really a favor. it will keep you on your hooves

We've already discussed what "upset" looks like.. This ain't it.

Would you rather I'd come straight out and said I thought her music was crap, regardless of what everyone else thinks of it?

Lena is truly an amazing force in music.

But if there's any female vocalist who captures my heart it's Billie Holiday

YouTube - Billie Holiday - Lover Man

Sorry don't know how to add videos to this site, yet.

If you happen to go to the above, my suggestion is you listen to either

"Ain't Nobody's business" or "My Man".

Fucking heroin!

cool!

here is the youtube address: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT_h8mQsD1Y]YouTube - Billie Holiday - Lover Man[/ame]

sites have variations on how to do IT.

here: look at the address. ditch the - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/ame]

the - 'v=' ,means variable or version equals

everything after the 'v=' is the variable used in the code.

use the v= which in this case is: rT_h8mQsD1Y

use it between these brackets [ ] [/ ]
HTML:
[youtube] blah blah blah [/youtube]

so you have
HTML:
[youtube]rT_h8mQsD1Y[/youtube]

We've already discussed what "upset" looks like.. This ain't it.

Would you rather I'd come straight out and said I thought her music was crap, regardless of what everyone else thinks of it?

I couldn't care less what you say about it. If you posted on topic we'd stay on topic.
:tongue:

I couldn't care less what you say about it. If you posted on topic we'd stay on topic.
:tongue:

I did post on topic, sweetcheeks. The topic was Lena Horne. :eusa_angel:

*points for using 'couldn't care less' instead of 'could care less', which IS a major pet peeve*

I did post on topic, sweetcheeks. The topic was Lena Horne. :eusa_angel:

*points for using 'couldn't care less' instead of 'could care less', which IS a major pet peeve*

I could care less, but what would be the point?

I'm flattered to find you still thinking about me.

I could care less, but what would be the point?

I'm flattered to find you still thinking about me.

What does ANY of this conversation have to do with you?

bricks.gif

Thanks for the html lesson Atlas.

Not her best rendition of this Holiday chestnut, but it still gets me all weapy just hearing it

[youtube]rT_h8mQsD1Y[/youtube]
Lena's voice is, I think far superior to Billie's. Many females vocalists voices actually are.

But nobody on earth can put more pathos into a note (when she finally decides it's time to reach that true note, of course) than Billie Holiday.

Her interpretive genius for expressing love lost or unrequited is unsurpassed by any singer in the Western world, in my opinion.

Thanks for the html lesson Atlas.

Not her best rendition of this Holiday chestnut, but it still gets me all weapy just hearing it

Lena's voice is, I think far superior to Billie's. Many females vocalists voices actually are.

But nobody on earth can put more pathos into a note (when she finally decides it's time to reach that true note, of course) than Billie Holiday.

Her interpretive genius for expressing love lost or unrequited is unsurpassed by any singer in the Western world, in my opinion.

cool words
:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back