Lemonade stands are Illegal

Little girls selling lemonade on hot summer days is a glimpse of times past and a glass of cold lemonade when one is thirsty is a welcome thing.

And good cops know when to look the other way.

yep i broke the law today....it was 95 degrees and kids set up a stand.....first glass i got no ice....they assured me that was better i got more lemonade but then they didnt fill up the glass in case i wanted ice.....it was 10 yr old logic.....the 2nd glass was full of ice and hand delivered to me.....2 bucks.....to feel like a bigshot.....hand deeeeeeeelivered lemonade....with no dirt or bugs.....i was happy...and the kids were trying......

of course they are now branded criminals who will become rapist....the irony there is there is a woman here who stood trial in britain for raping a guy.....lol.....

Joyce McKinney

Little girls selling lemonade on hot summer days is a glimpse of times past and a glass of cold lemonade when one is thirsty is a welcome thing.

Sorry. They took that right away from police. They're no longer allowed to show discretion.

So little kids should engage in murder for hire, money laundering, and weapons sales. So they will be able to know how to run a business. Got it!

Talk about putting words in people's mouths. Clearly you cannot differentiate between good laws and bad laws. Only a retard would compare laws against murder to laws against lemonade stands.

I have a JD, so I'm pretty sure I've read more law than you have. It isn't a questio of 'good laws and bad laws.' The law is the law and you can think what you like.

I believe the more valuable lesson for the girl is that they learned respect for the law.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwF7n8WyOoU&feature=player_embedded]‪Vader Altered the Deal smaller.avi‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry. They took that right away from police. They're no longer allowed to show discretion.
With the single exception of certain traffic violations, discretion has never been an option. But in such relatively trivial situations, like kids selling lemonade, unless there is a complaint a good cop (except for the probie) will risk the minor rip for walking (or driving) by.

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.
Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

3 girls busted for illegal lemonade stand - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

Okay, let me see if I have this right. Wall Street CEOs mount a massive record setting financial swindle involving fraudulent mortgage-backed securities that when the scam crashes costs the American people $27 trillion dollars and none of those crooks gets arrested, investigated, or thrown in jail... but the cops have nothing better to do than bust three kids with a lemonade stand? - M Rivero

I remember having a lemonade stand, with my folks' approval. This is just a testament to how our world has changed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back