Lemonade stands are Illegal

I think the cops might have handled it better. But the public health laws DO apply to everyone. If you think these underage girls should not have to abide by those laws, then you must also think that the 15 year old boy who rapes an 5 year old girl should also not have to abide by the laws.

Naturally, because kids running a lemonade stand is exactly the same as raping little children. Thank you Captain Straw Man.

straw-man-argument.jpg

I think the cops might have handled it better. But the public health laws DO apply to everyone. If you think these underage girls should not have to abide by those laws, then you must also think that the 15 year old boy who rapes an 5 year old girl should also not have to abide by the laws.

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Naturally, because kids running a lemonade stand is exactly the same as raping little children. Thank you Captain Straw Man.

The law is the law whether it involves lemonade or rape.

Since you didn't like the first analogy, I'll use another. What about the Roach Coaches? Should they be allowed to go without licensing?

2559239_1376_full.jpg

Last edited:
They should have opened a taco stand.

The laws are there to protect the seller as well as the buyer. Suppose, just suppose someone got choked on a seed and died or was injured. I'm sure a lawsuit would not have been out of the question.

As to Taco stands, I recall Cinco de Mayo 2007. I got an intestinal parasite from a Mexican feast. My doctor says this is happening more and more frequently. I think the laws need to be more strict and not less so. I haven't eaten in a Mexican restaurant since.

Nor do I ever buy anything from a bake sale. Food that is regulated is bad enough, but there is no way to know about unregulated food.

Its the law. The law is the law, and you can think what you like.

The laws are not enacted for protection. It's for Federal. Sate and Local Government to get more money from us. So that they can give us more social goodies.
Nobody makes lemonade from lemons anymore.Lemons are too expensive.
We have become way to lawsuit crazy. It would be your own vault if you swallowed a stupid seed.
Nobody has gotten sick from bake sales. Restaurants are a different matter.
The laws need to be changed. 150.00 dollars for a lemonade stand? Seriously? :evil:

Good grief, let the kids be kids. They're not robbing bikes, spraying graffiti, nor being loud and obnoxious - they're selling lemonade.

That must be one safe city if all the patrol had to do that day was bust a juice joint.

Last edited:
I heard a lemonade company has paid for their permit and also giving them lemonade to sell and also bought them tickets to disneyland..

They should have opened a taco stand.

The laws are there to protect the seller as well as the buyer. Suppose, just suppose someone got choked on a seed and died or was injured. I'm sure a lawsuit would not have been out of the question.

As to Taco stands, I recall Cinco de Mayo 2007. I got an intestinal parasite from a Mexican feast. My doctor says this is happening more and more frequently. I think the laws need to be more strict and not less so. I haven't eaten in a Mexican restaurant since.

Nor do I ever buy anything from a bake sale. Food that is regulated is bad enough, but there is no way to know about unregulated food.

Its the law. The law is the law, and you can think what you like.

You are making a non-argument. People are saying these laws shouldn't exist, and all you are saying is that the law is the law, therefore it is reasonable. There are thousands of legal codes that are unreasonable and should be done away with(problem is that would put to many lawyers out of business, and a lot of people who don't want to work in the real world would be forced to go work instead of going to law school, now we can't end that racket).

Anyways, in a free society, you don't enact laws that preempt action, or engage in preemptive litigation. In a free society, you could sue that Mexican vendor for damages, or just refuse his business like you decided to do. But you just want to create barriers to entry and preempt people from engaging in free market exchange and making personal choices. Not every vendor sells shitty food, and you can't just preempt all street vending because of the possibility that a couple serve a poor product. Well, actually you can, but you can't call that society a free society.

The law is a ass. Lemonade stands should be legal and little kids should be able to know how to run a business.

So little kids should engage in murder for hire, money laundering, and weapons sales. So they will be able to know how to run a business. Got it!

The law is a ass. Lemonade stands should be legal and little kids should be able to know how to run a business.

So little kids should engage in murder for hire, money laundering, and weapons sales. So they will be able to know how to run a business. Got it!

Talk about putting words in people's mouths. Clearly you cannot differentiate between good laws and bad laws. Only a retard would compare laws against murder to laws against lemonade stands.

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.
Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

3 girls busted for illegal lemonade stand - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

Okay, let me see if I have this right. Wall Street CEOs mount a massive record setting financial swindle involving fraudulent mortgage-backed securities that when the scam crashes costs the American people $27 trillion dollars and none of those crooks gets arrested, investigated, or thrown in jail... but the cops have nothing better to do than bust three kids with a lemonade stand? - M Rivero
Gutless murkinz. Wake up, have a cup of coffee, get the shotgun and head to the nearest Nazi station.This problem can only be resolved with violence. It aint " votable".
Military volunteers and cops have serious sociopathic mental problems.They're born with it. It's genetic.

Talk about putting words in people's mouths. Clearly you cannot differentiate between good laws and bad laws. Only a retard would compare laws against murder to laws against lemonade stands.

I have a JD, so I'm pretty sure I've read more law than you have. It isn't a questio of 'good laws and bad laws.' The law is the law and you can think what you like.

I believe the more valuable lesson for the girl is that they learned respect for the law.

Last edited:

I have a JD, so I'm pretty sure I've read more law than you have. It isn't a questio of 'good laws and bad laws.' The law is the law and you can think what you like.

I believe the more valuable lesson for the girl is that they learned respect for the law.
I never disputed whether you have read more legal codes than me, that isn't even the question at hand. Actually, the question is whether it is a good law or not. In fact, debating the legal code is one of the primary points of political debate and reform. That was the point of the original topic. We are seeing how arbitrary legal codes are impeding on the freedom a little girl to sell lemonade and learn something about business. Just saying, "the law is a law", isn't a position, you can't even give a could reason as to why they should keep the law on the books. Everyone here obviously recognizes it is the law, but they think it should be repealed. So move on and defend the status quo in regard to this particular law, I would like to here why a little girl should be forced to pay several hundred dollars in permits to have a lemonade stand at their parent's house. why should discretion on these matters not be with the property-owners(the parents) but with the municipal government?

And why am I not surprised a fucking shyster supports this law. Of course you do, you and your lawyer buddies make a better living off the expansion of the legal code, the more laws the better for you guys. Goes back to theory I was talking about earlier about how lawyers are intertwined with the growth of government and have a financial interest along with the politicians in maintaining an overly-litigious society.

They needed a Business License at 50.00 a day.
A peddler's license at 50.00
A Food permit also 50.00
So 150.00 just to open the stand.
All they wanted to do was go swimming.
Government and States way out of control.
San Diego just passed a 25.00 dollar per cat tax for cat owners' rather than cut back on city government services.

Taking the country back, and restoring liberty and sanity starts at the loco level...I mean LOCAL level..

Hear about Quartzite Az.?? It's time to pull an Athens Tennessee (1946) in these places.
Problem is that these local governments are so bloated and have so many crybabies demanding treats from their neighbors, it's almost impossible to get fiscal conservatives elected. Plus then they are supplemented by state and federal governments to keep doing irresponsible spending and bloated programs for special interests who now think they have a right to them, it's almost impossible to get the spending pimps and panderers out of office that they've often held for decades.

You have to cut off the aid, and the rest will fall into place as poverty hits the cities and they're force to make REAL budgetary choices.

Only a nanny state hack could equate selling lemonade with rape and keep a straight face.

Little girls selling lemonade on hot summer days is a glimpse of times past and a glass of cold lemonade when one is thirsty is a welcome thing.

And good cops know when to look the other way.

'

Only a nanny state hack could equate selling lemonade with rape and keep a straight face.

or a troll......

Forum List

Back