Lemonade stands are Illegal

Mr. Jones

Jan 21, 2009
USA
The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.
Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

3 girls busted for illegal lemonade stand - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

Okay, let me see if I have this right. Wall Street CEOs mount a massive record setting financial swindle involving fraudulent mortgage-backed securities that when the scam crashes costs the American people $27 trillion dollars and none of those crooks gets arrested, investigated, or thrown in jail... but the cops have nothing better to do than bust three kids with a lemonade stand? - M Rivero

Another reason that our government is trying to control everything we do... They want to make us think we are free but we are NOT.. Every year that passes a new law passes that takes our liberty be less and less

Illegal ? Only in the land of the free.
Shit.I can get shrimp scampi, a pina colada with a shot of sugarcane shine, and a joint to go, just down the road off a little pull behind carnival type trailer. The scampi is fantastic ! The weed, not so much.

Illegal ? Only in the land of the free.
Shit.I can get shrimp scampi, a pina colada with a shot of sugarcane shine, and a joint to go, just down the road off a little pull behind carnival type trailer. The scampi is fantastic ! The weed, not so much.

Your dumpster has all that? Wow.:eusa_shhh:

one would think haraging little girls lemonade stands might add defintion to the term police state.....

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.
Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

Okay, let me see if I have this right. Wall Street CEOs mount a massive record setting financial swindle involving fraudulent mortgage-backed securities that when the scam crashes costs the American people $27 trillion dollars and none of those crooks gets arrested, investigated, or thrown in jail... but the cops have nothing better to do than bust three kids with a lemonade stand? - M Rivero

If they switch to selling coffee and doughnuts, there will not be a problem.

Female police chief. There's your problem.

They needed a Business License at 50.00 a day.
A peddler's license at 50.00
A Food permit also 50.00
So 150.00 just to open the stand.
All they wanted to do was go swimming.
Government and States way out of control.
San Diego just passed a 25.00 dollar per cat tax for cat owners' rather than cut back on city government services.

If they switch to selling coffee and doughnuts, there will not be a problem.

No shit....And don't forget the kickbacks.

They needed a Business License at 50.00 a day.
A peddler's license at 50.00
A Food permit also 50.00
So 150.00 just to open the stand.
All they wanted to do was go swimming.
Government and States way out of control.
San Diego just passed a 25.00 dollar per cat tax for cat owners' rather than cut back on city government services.

Taking the country back, and restoring liberty and sanity starts at the loco level...I mean LOCAL level..

Hear about Quartzite Az.?? It's time to pull an Athens Tennessee (1946) in these places.

I think the cops might have handled it better. But the public health laws DO apply to everyone. If you think these underage girls should not have to abide by those laws, then you must also think that the 15 year old boy who rapes an 5 year old girl should also not have to abide by the laws.

we still support illegal lemonade stands.....i mean really how many people will really drink it....i do....but that is just the crazy part of it....i know the cups or ice will have dirt in it....(kids hands have been all over it)...i know the lemonade will be too sweet.....kids like sugar...at one of the local markets.....these two boys have set up a lemonade stand...they have their little measuring devices...they have simple syrup made with some organic fucking sugar...and they charge 3 bucks...and they always have a line...is it adults just encouraging kids to try to work at something or just the love of old fashioned lemonade? lemonade stands should always be part of one's summer....just like white shoes

I think the cops might have handled it better. But the public health laws DO apply to everyone. If you think these underage girls should not have to abide by those laws, then you must also think that the 15 year old boy who rapes an 5 year old girl should also not have to abide by the laws.

are you seriously fucking mental?

They should have opened a taco stand.

The laws are there to protect the seller as well as the buyer. Suppose, just suppose someone got choked on a seed and died or was injured. I'm sure a lawsuit would not have been out of the question.

As to Taco stands, I recall Cinco de Mayo 2007. I got an intestinal parasite from a Mexican feast. My doctor says this is happening more and more frequently. I think the laws need to be more strict and not less so. I haven't eaten in a Mexican restaurant since.

Nor do I ever buy anything from a bake sale. Food that is regulated is bad enough, but there is no way to know about unregulated food.

Its the law. The law is the law, and you can think what you like.

paletas.jpg

Forum List

Back