Legislator Blames Disabled Children on Abortion

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/02/...l#ixzz0gHwHPojl
Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall ® "says disabled children are God's punishment to women who have aborted their first pregnancy," reports the News Leader.

Said Marshall: "The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children."

LOL, WUT?

Sarah Palin Had An Abortion Before?

Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall ® "says disabled children are God's punishment to women who have aborted their first pregnancy," reports the News Leader.

Said Marshall: "The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children."

LOL, WUT?

Your comment about Palin is breathtakingly stupid, Little Lefty. Just because you're anonymous and just because other people behave like morals don't matter, does not mean you have to follow their example.

So this was posted just to use as ANOTHER dig at Sarah Palin and her downs syndrome BABY.

the left can't crawl any lower, I swear.

Smoking puts ALL babies at risk.
But make an attempt to take the drugs away from people that hate themselves, smokers, and see the bitching and moaning.

Study finds that an Abortion does put future babies at risk.

Abortions and risks to future babies

Pays to read your own links:

“The most important message is not that this should be used in any way to prevent women having a termination of pregnancy. The effect has to be balanced against the serious effects of forcing women to continue with unwanted pregnancies.”

“The most important message is not that this should be used in any way to prevent women having a termination of pregnancy. The effect has to be balanced against the serious effects of forcing women to continue with unwanted pregnancies.”

Can you read?
I never commented on that and it wasn't my intention of posting the article.
The article states that an abortion seems to be a risk to future babies.

Can you read?
I never commented on that and it wasn't my intention of posting the article.
The article states that an abortion seems to be a risk to future babies.

What? you didn't post the link in your post? lol

Actually, there is scientific evidence to support Palin's risk taking:

The risk of having a baby with chromosomal disorders increase as a woman grows older. The most common of these disorders is Down syndrome, a combination of mental retardation and physical abnormalities caused by the presence of an extra chromosome. At age 25, a woman has about a 1-in-1, 250 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome; at age 30, a 1-in-1,000 chance; at age 35, a 1-in-400 chance; at age 40, a 1-in-100 chance; and at 45, a 1-in-30 chance.

Trying to Conceive After 35 - What are the Risks of Birth Defects?

Far more dangerous than having previously had an abortion.

LOL, WUT?

I don't know which one annoys me more: the fact that you're wasting everyone's time with yet another "I'm so outraged by something someone said on a blog" thread, or the fact that you're so incredibly ignorant of basic reading comprehension.

I hope the logic of this won't overwhelm you, but nowhere did he say that ALL disabled children are a result of previous abortions, just that a lot of them are born after an abortion. Which is quite true, completely aside from whatever personal spin he might put on that info.

The risk of having a baby with chromosomal disorders increase as a woman grows older. The most common of these disorders is Down syndrome, a combination of mental retardation and physical abnormalities caused by the presence of an extra chromosome. At age 25, a woman has about a 1-in-1, 250 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome; at age 30, a 1-in-1,000 chance; at age 35, a 1-in-400 chance; at age 40, a 1-in-100 chance; and at 45, a 1-in-30 chance.

And your point is what? More importantly, your point relates to the OP's point - stunningly stupid as it was - how?

sicko:cuckoo:

And your point is what? More importantly, your point relates to the OP's point - stunningly stupid as it was - how?

My point relates to the poster who claimed their was scientific evidence to support the idea that having an abortion increases a woman's risk of having a baby with birth defects. Apparently it's a worse risk for older women to have children.

So this was posted just to use as ANOTHER dig at Sarah Palin and her downs syndrome BABY.

Let me help our 'second born' posters out here.

If anyone taking a dig at Palin, it's Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall who made the statement. Now, if you agree with his statement, that women who have abortions suffer nature's rath on their next child, then you and Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall are saying that anyone with disabled child is being punished for a previous abortion. Palin has a disabled child. According to Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall, she's being punished for a previous abortion.

So, all of you people who are rushing in to defend Palin, you may want to re-aim your verbal firearms at Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall.

[/U]

“Women who have abortions are more likely to have premature or low birth weight babies in later life,” the Daily Mail said.

That is very different from what Marshall said.

What were the results of the study?
The researchers found 37 studies that were eligible for inclusion.

The meta-analysis of these studies found that having had one previous termination increased a woman’s risk of having a baby of low birthweight by 35% (6.4% compared with 4.9%; odds ratio [OR] 1.35, 95% confidence interval [CI] 1.20 to 1.52), and a premature birth by 36% (8.7% compared with 6.8%; OR 1.36, 95% CI 1.24 to 1.50). However, when they only included studies that had adjusted for possible confounding factors, only the risk increase for prematurity remained significant; the adjusted risk for a low birthweight baby was not increased following one previous termination.

Last edited:

If anyone taking a dig at Palin, it's Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall who made the statement. Now, if you agree with his statement, that women who have abortions suffer nature's rath on their next child, then you and Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall are saying that anyone with disabled child is being punished for a previous abortion. Palin has a disabled child. According to Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall, she's being punished for a previous abortion.

So, all of you people who are rushing in to defend Palin, you may want to re-aim your verbal firearms at Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall.

:eusa_whistle:

LOL, WUT?

Your comment about Palin is breathtakingly stupid, Little Lefty. Just because you're anonymous and just because other people behave like morals don't matter, does not mean you have to follow their example.
Lefty made a logical conclusion, based on what that wingnut asshole said.

Right there is where you took the reading comprehension train off the rails and into la-la land in order to try and score some fictional cheap political points. Either that, or you have no idea of how logic works. Or maybe a third option. You could be a second born yourself?

If A happens, then SOMETIMES B occurs.
If B occurs, it is not a guarantee that A happened.

I say this with full knowledge that Bob-o Marshall is still a dumbass who was looking to score some cheap fictional political points himself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back