Legalize the crap

Drug use has decreased .

No it hasn't.

Please show me that drug use has increased in Portugal since possession was decriminalized.

Or are you still calling your opinion fact?

"The Netherlands has led Europe in the liberalization of drug policy."

"Furthermore, drug abuse has increased in the Netherlands. From 1984 to 1996, marijuana use among 18-25 year olds in Holland increased twofold. Since legalization of marijuana, heroin addiction levels in Holland have tripled and perhaps even quadrupled by some estimates."

Speaking Out Against Drug Legalization, Fact 9

"Ten years ago, Portugal decriminalized drugs - all of them - from marijuana to cocaine... drug use there is actually up now, and that when the government removed the legal risk, drugs became more appealing."

"in fact, there has been an increase, and the data bears that out. In -those reporting drug use, personal drug use over the course of their lifetime has gone up about 40 to 50 percent in the last decade."

"The - people reporting the use of cannabis, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, ecstasy, you name it, it's all gone up. At the same time, there has been an increase in drug-related deaths in Portugal."

Mixed Results For Portugal's Great Drug Experiment : NPR

Oh the Weekly Standard. Let me see if I can find something from Daily Kos to challenge it :rolleyes:

Attack the source instead of the facts? Yeah, it is very clear what that means...

Every single fact that exists on marijuana usage and legalization could be in favor of the legalize crowd and the Weekly Standard would never report about it.

Anyone can come up with a "fact" for either side of the argument, so I'm certainly not going to give my attention to something the Weekly Standard of all publications writes about on the matter...any more so than I would something from Huffpo or DailyKos, because their bias will be just as bad.

So you would like to legalize an extremely dangerous chemical product which effects are :

- Hallucinations & Delusions,
- Paranoia,
- Violent behavior,
- Weight loss,
- Sleep disorders,
- Disorders of blood flow,
- Disruption of the menstrual cycle for women
- Anxiety, restlessness & nervousness,
- Inflammation of the skin,
- Reduced concentration,
- Lethargy,
- Production of nitric oxide (death of cells of the immune system)
- Strong dependence
- Possibility of development of asthma

And after the legalization of Methadone? You would the legalization of cocaine, heroin, and others (pentazocine, oxycodone, hydromorphone, ...) ?

Yeah good idea ! If you want to die young, maybe the people around you, would live ! Think about that !

Cannabis does NOT make you hallucinate, make you violent, nor is it physically addictive in any way, as several medical professional societies (Harvard Medical and the Royal British Medical Society for two) have shown.

As far as the rest of that crap? Where are you getting your info? Provide a link please, and don't use the movie Reefer Madness as your source. Why? Because it is a piece of Hollywood propaganda commissioned by an FBI man named Anslinger who wanted to scare people into making it illegal.

Why did he want to do that? He was a racist and was looking for a way to lock up the Blacks and Hispanics (the main consumers of cannabis at the time). Why else do you think the sentences are so extreme?

I support legalizing weed, and possibly some of the other naturally-occuring narcs, but not chemically manufactured crap like meth.

Legalize..

Pot
Coke
Prostitution
Sports betting

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O47UY80VKfo]This is not Meth[/ame]

The US has more prisoners than any nation on earth. One quarter of all the prisoners in the world are housed by the US taxpayer. The war on drugs is obviously not working and has led to the Mexican Drug Cartels

Time to get a sane drug policy

Most people in the penal system for drug offenses are on probation. People doing real time for drug offenses are most likely dealers, very much repeat offenders, or criminals who were involved in other crimes at the time of their drug offenses.

I support legalizing weed, and possibly some of the other naturally-occuring narcs, but not chemically manufactured crap like meth.

Actually, I support anything that is organic and hasn't been screwed with by mankind.

Not only does that include cannabis, but also stuff like mushrooms, peyote, opium (it's the sap of the poppy and has not been processed at all) as well as hash (think of pot as corn on the cob, and hash is nothing more than kernel corn, because all hash is, is the crystals of the cannabis plant minus the actual leaf).

Matter of fact, if you want to chew cocoa leaves and use 'em like coffee, go right ahead, but the second you process those leaves into cocaine, you should be arrested.

Meth? Heroin? Don't even go there, because there is very little that is natural in those substances.

Sorry, but I'm not too keen on the idea of having Meth heads cruising around my neighborhood legally.
Then pass an anti-cruising law in your neighborhood.
I would argue that the non users quality of life would suffer dearly were society to allow that sort of nonsense.
Right because so many people are just waiting to become meth heads and the law is the only think stopping them.

Sure.

Most people in the penal system for drug offenses are on probation. People doing real time for drug offenses are most likely dealers, very much repeat offenders, or criminals who were involved in other crimes at the time of their drug offenses.

It is the whole illegal drug industry that leads to crime. Selling, theft, murder all to protect or expand your piece of the illegal market
Much like prohibition, crime followed the illegal market. Once alcohol was legal, the mob went on to other things like gambling and prostitution and eventually drugs
Decriminalizing the victimless crimes of drugs, prostitution and gambling dries up the illegal market

It works in other countries

New Topics

Forum List

Back