Legalize Pot and Tax It?

The wife and I discussed this the other day. I think it would parallel alcahol more closely, so , unless the Gov't taxed the hell out of it in the first place, it wouldn't pay for the cartels to bring it over. If the idea is to legalize it to stop the trafficking, then it would be dumb to raise the price. Eventually they may find reasons to tax the hell out of it. By that time the cartels should be out of business tho.

Cartels should start smuggling tobacco. It's $11 a pack now.

What some of these Right wingers are doing here. Is thinking Pot always going hand in hand with harder drugs. That simply is not true and the numbers prove it. Far Far more people use or have used pot than use the Harder stuff.

People all over main stream America smoke pot, not just people in crack neighborhoods.

lol

This would be the greatest marketing trick ever played on an unsuspecting public.

The price would shoot up to the point where drug cartels might deal exclusively in pot. Look at how much some people are taxed on cigarettes:

http://tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsheets/pdf/0267.pdf

Now imagine that tacked on to the price of your weed. You'll go running back to your street dealer.

Plus, you just told your kids that drugs are OK because you legalized them. Once you legalize pot, the offense for bringing it over the border will vanish. Cartels could do as they please out in the open. What is the worst that could happen to a typical drug pushing scumbag. Tax-evasion? Big deal. Most border jumpers are experts at that already.

So yeah. Legalize it. Every country that has is going through a phase of dehumanization. Prostitution and the sex trades now becomes a way of life. That is too high a price to pay.

Absolutely it should be legalized.

and I have no problem telling our children the truth

we shouldn't be lying to them in the first place

What some of these Right wingers are doing here. Is thinking Pot always going hand in hand with harder drugs. That simply is not true and the numbers prove it. Far Far more people use or have used pot than use the Harder stuff.

People all over main stream America smoke pot, not just people in crack neighborhoods.

lol
I smoke a pretty fair amount of pot. I don't do anything harder. No desire to.

This would be the greatest marketing trick ever played on an unsuspecting public.

The price would shoot up to the point where drug cartels might deal exclusively in pot. Look at how much some people are taxed on cigarettes:

Now imagine that tacked on to the price of your weed. You'll go running back to your street dealer.

Plus, you just told your kids that drugs are OK because you legalized them. Once you legalize pot, the offense for bringing it over the border will vanish. Cartels could do as they please out in the open. What is the worst that could happen to a typical drug pushing scumbag. Tax-evasion? Big deal. Most border jumpers are experts at that already.

So yeah. Legalize it. Every country that has is going through a phase of dehumanization. Prostitution and the sex trades now becomes a way of life. That is too high a price to pay.

Absolutely it should be legalized.

and I have no problem telling our children the truth

we shouldn't be lying to them in the first place

What's the truth?

[
in other words .....i dont want to be proved wrong so i will stay were i am at and judge every Mexican by the ones i see in my seedy neighborhood....gotcha you fucking lowlife....

It up to Mexicans, the visitors from another country, to prove that they are worthy of being considered for US citizenship. Americans don't owe them a thing, dumb bitch!

[
in other words .....i dont want to be proved wrong so i will stay were i am at and judge every Mexican by the ones i see in my seedy neighborhood....gotcha you fucking lowlife....

It up to Mexicans, the visitors from another country, to prove that they are worthy of being considered for US citizenship. Americans don't owe them a thing, dumb bitch!

did they teach history at the high school you went to, Cali, Az, and Texas were part of mexico before we kicked their ass and took them.

[
oh bullshit.....you ever hear of moving?....

Hmm. Why didn't the guys at the Alamo think of that.

to even answer like this proves to me you are just another dumb piece of shit to useless to improve on their life situation......you are a dumb asshole who deserves to be living right were you are....AND i am starting to suspect you are a Mexican as well.....

So you believe Americans should run away as soon as one moves into your neighborhood. You're worse than what a Mexican's whore scrapes out of her crotch.

The wife and I discussed this the other day. I think it would parallel alcahol more closely, so , unless the Gov't taxed the hell out of it in the first place, it wouldn't pay for the cartels to bring it over. If the idea is to legalize it to stop the trafficking, then it would be dumb to raise the price. Eventually they may find reasons to tax the hell out of it. By that time the cartels should be out of business tho.

Tobacco was never illegal, but it does make a good point. When I lived in Phx in '95 I could get cartons for $10 when they were at least $40. I'd be willing to bet that you can get cartons for $40 or so now. There aren't enough smokers around to make it pay though.

people get busted weekly in NY for smuggling cigarettes. That freaked me out. Gov loves tax dollars and cannabis would bring in billions.

Tobacco was never illegal, but it does make a good point. When I lived in Phx in '95 I could get cartons for $10 when they were at least $40. I'd be willing to bet that you can get cartons for $40 or so now. There aren't enough smokers around to make it pay though.
22% of the population smokes. I'll bet that at least equals the % who smoke pot. And tobacco smokers smoke more and more frequently.

people get busted weekly in NY for smuggling cigarettes. That freaked me out. Gov loves tax dollars and cannabis would bring in billions.
It just shows that it is a product that is ripe for illegal production.

There are enough pot smokers to get each state billions in tax revenue. Watch Cali and you will see.

lol
I smoke a pretty fair amount of pot. I don't do anything harder. No desire to.

ill be over later.....Pizza sound good?.....:eusa_angel:

[

what about the ones born and raised here?......and remember asshole....you said MEXICANS...no distinction.....so that lumps them under your tent with the illegals....and its MR....dumb bitch to you....

Hmm. Why didn't the guys at the Alamo think of that.

to even answer like this proves to me you are just another dumb piece of shit to useless to improve on their life situation......you are a dumb asshole who deserves to be living right were you are....AND i am starting to suspect you are a Mexican as well.....

So you believe Americans should run away as soon as one moves into your neighborhood. You're worse than what a Mexican's whore scrapes out of her crotch.

one? just one?.....you fucking asshole your here telling us about your shit hole neighborhood ....it could be that way with ANY nationality.....and yes you stupid Sonofabitch......MOVE!!!......like i said....you deserve what you got.....and you know what the Mexican whore scrapes out of her crotch?......your Jizz....

You have to be kidding right? You are actually trying to argue that legalizing pot will be better for the drug dealers? :lol:

Why did the gangsters stop bootlegging? Why are the Cartels selling tobacco. Why are the WHITE growers in CA valley NOT wanting pot legalized? Because once it goes legit, then you have to play by the rules and the prices automatically shoots down. You might see mobster like hijacking trucks (like they do for other goods, like cigs, fur coats etc), but growing and selling will primarily be stateside in legitimate organizations.

Forum List

Back