Legalize Pot and Tax It?

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
This would be the greatest marketing trick ever played on an unsuspecting public.

The price would shoot up to the point where drug cartels might deal exclusively in pot. Look at how much some people are taxed on cigarettes:

http://tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsheets/pdf/0267.pdf

Now imagine that tacked on to the price of your weed. You'll go running back to your street dealer.

Plus, you just told your kids that drugs are OK because you legalized them. Once you legalize pot, the offense for bringing it over the border will vanish. Cartels could do as they please out in the open. What is the worst that could happen to a typical drug pushing scumbag. Tax-evasion? Big deal. Most border jumpers are experts at that already.

So yeah. Legalize it. Every country that has is going through a phase of dehumanization. Prostitution and the sex trades now becomes a way of life. That is too high a price to pay.

Then some do gooder politician will want to limit the amount of THC because some scientist will find it's a (gasp!) CARCINOGEN and the EPA will wanna' regulate it because it's a pollutant. You will all go along with it because the control will be sold to you as "good for everyone".

This is why they're called "Dopers".

If they thought the price would shoot up, the present growers in Northern California would not be helping to finance the opposition to the bill to legalize pot. The problem for the alcohol producers and the present illegal growers is that pot is just too easy for anyone to grow anywhere. And would cut into their profits.

This would be the greatest marketing trick ever played on an unsuspecting public.

The price would shoot up to the point where drug cartels might deal exclusively in pot. Look at how much some people are taxed on cigarettes:

http://tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsheets/pdf/0267.pdf

Now imagine that tacked on to the price of your weed. You'll go running back to your street dealer.

Plus, you just told your kids that drugs are OK because you legalized them. Once you legalize pot, the offense for bringing it over the border will vanish. Cartels could do as they please out in the open. What is the worst that could happen to a typical drug pushing scumbag. Tax-evasion? Big deal. Most border jumpers are experts at that already.

So yeah. Legalize it. Every country that has is going through a phase of dehumanization. Prostitution and the sex trades now becomes a way of life. That is too high a price to pay.

Now that is about the most nonsense I have heard concerning pot. Care to post some links showing in what nation this has been the case?

Nice try

Countries with a liberal view towards pot smoking also have a liberal view towards sex trade

When one uses the excuse that we can not stop it and we can tax it as the main defense for legalization one opens a can of worms.

Burglary and armed robbery can not be stopped either. House break ins account for MILLIONS of crimes a year. Lets legalize it, sell permits and tax the profits. We could be rolling in dough.

And don't start with the false claim that MJ does not harm anyone. It harms anyone that uses it. Even legalized.

When one uses the excuse that we can not stop it and we can tax it as the main defense for legalization one opens a can of worms.

Burglary and armed robbery can not be stopped either. House break ins account for MILLIONS of crimes a year. Lets legalize it, sell permits and tax the profits. We could be rolling in dough.

And don't start with the false claim that MJ does not harm anyone. It harms anyone that uses it. Even legalized.

The best justification for legalization is the doctrine of "no harm...no foul" Our prisons are overcrowded with non-violent drug offenders. I don't care if they sell it at the corner liquor store or not. Just stop arresting people for MJ offenses

The best justification for legalization is the doctrine of "no harm...no foul" Our prisons are overcrowded with non-violent drug offenders. I don't care if they sell it at the corner liquor store or not. Just stop arresting people for MJ offenses

There is harm. It harms everyone that uses it and their families. Currently it fuels crime and murder. Legalizing may or may not stop that. Funny how moonshine is still made illegally and sold. And crime occurs around that as well and it has been legal how long?

This is based on assumption, sure, if the fools that are collectively known as "government" that created the ill fated "War on Drugs" in the first place taxed pot at such a high level it would defeat the purpose but we don't know for certain that that would happen. Why don't we just allow adults to be adults and concentrate on actual criminal activity which would include minors smoking/doing drugs?

There is harm. It harms everyone that uses it and their families. Currently it fuels crime and murder. Legalizing may or may not stop that. Funny how moonshine is still made illegally and sold. And crime occurs around that as well and it has been legal how long?

What ever happened to the conservative aversion to the Nanny State? Stay out of peoples lives, let them face the consequences for their actions. If you smoke pot all day and your life is ruined......its your fucking life

Pot does lead to crime because it is a criminal offense. Booze led to crime during prohibition and people got rich off of it. I don't notice alot of crime in the growing of corn and wheat. Yet both are used in the manufacture of alchohol

What ever happened to the conservative aversion to the Nanny State? Stay out of peoples lives, let them face the consequences for their actions. If you smoke pot all day and your life is ruined......its your fucking life

Pot does lead to crime because it is a criminal offense. Booze led to crime during prohibition and people got rich off of it. I don't notice alot of crime in the growing of corn and wheat. Yet both are used in the manufacture of alchohol

Haven't been in Southern States much have you?

Are they Nanny States too?

I thought they wanted government out of our lives. How about states rights then? Shouldn't the states decide what you should be allowed to grow?

I thought they wanted government out of our lives. How about states rights then? Shouldn't the states decide what you should be allowed to grow?

DUMB ASS troll. The Government has a duty to protect the citizenry from certain things, illegal drugs is one of them. By the way Moon shining is STILL occurring with crime associated with it.

DUMB ASS troll. The Government has a duty to protect the citizenry from certain things, illegal drugs is one of them. By the way Moon shining is STILL occurring with crime associated with it.

So let me get this straight..

The Government allows alchohol to be produced as long as it meets safety and purity standards.They also tax the hell out of it. If you moonshine and produce a product that is potentially harmful (and untaxed) they will arrest you

How is marijuana any different? Let people grow it. Make sure it meets government standards. Tax the shit out of it. And leave people the hell alone

The Government allows alchohol to be produced as long as it meets safety and purity standards.They also tax the hell out of it. If you moonshine and produce a product that is potentially harmful (and untaxed) they will arrest you

How is marijuana any different? Let people grow it. Make sure it meets government standards. Tax the shit out of it. And leave people the hell alone

Alcohol is legal because of an Amendment. You want pot legal? Get an amendment passed.

Alcohol is legal because of an Amendment. You want pot legal? Get an amendment passed.
Alcohol was made ILLEGAL because of an amendment, which took a new amendment to make it legal again.

Originally, before the government stuck its fucking nose in, amendments had nothing to do with it.

That argument is a fallacy, and no less so than the one you use with the burglary analogy.

Liberal Logic: "We enjoy this activity so lets get government to take control of it and fuck it all up".

Brilliant. :doubt:

Alcohol was made ILLEGAL because of an amendment, which took a new amendment to make it legal again.

Originally, before the government stuck its fucking nose in, amendments had nothing to do with it.

That argument is a fallacy, and no less so than the one you use with the burglary analogy.

Wrong but then no one lately has called you very bright, have they? Now go whine about being put on ignore by people that don't like you, it helps your image so much.

Liberal Logic: "We enjoy this activity so lets get government to take control of it and fuck it all up".

Brilliant. :doubt:

How about using conservative logic, then:

"We enjoy this activity, and as long as it hurts NO ONE ELSE, the government has no business intervening, and certainly no constitutional authority to"

Wrong but then no one lately has called you very bright, have they? Now go whine about being put on ignore by people that don't like you, it helps your image so much.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Alcohol was perfectly legal before the 18th.

It only took an amendment to legalize because of an amendment to ILLEGALIZE.

Stop being a moron.

Forum List

Back