Legalize it!

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt. We'll also save millions by not having to fight the drug dealers and lock up men and women who sell the drug. Pot is medically useful and much less dangerous than alcohol.

Why haven't we legalized this drug yet?

Yeah, that's it... we're going to pay off the debt from taxes off pot sales. My question is this, why all the demonization of tobacco and the glorification of weed? Isn't smoking just bad for you, regardless of what you are smoking?

Interestingly enough, the British Medical Society did a study on this.

They compared non smokers with cannabis only smokers and cigarette only smokers. Know what they found?

People who smoke cigarettes only are 21 percent more likely to die from smoking than non smokers.

People who smoke cannabis only are 0.93 to 0.75 percent as likely to die from smoking than non smokers. In other words, cannabis smokers only suffer LESS from smoking related diseases than those who don't smoke.

[...] I saw a young woman wobbling around in a grocery store the other day, she couldn't have been over 22 years old. Someone told me she had done too much "molly" and now her nervous system is completely gone.

[...]

What is "molly?" I'm embarrassed to admit I've never heard of it.

I saw a young woman wobbling around in a grocery store the other day, she couldn't have been over 22 years old. Someone told me she had done too much "molly" and now her nervous system is completely gone.
The Urban dictionary sez:
molly Abr. of 'molecular'.
Pure form of MDMA (ecstasy), usually a free powder or in capsules. Oftentimes MDA is sold as molly. Should be white in color (when it's pure) but is more often beige or yellow-brown, and sometimes brown or rarely gray.

Urban Dictionary molly

[...]

We haven't legalized it because it is a dangerous substance for many people.

[...]
To say marijuana ". . . is a dangerous substance for many people" is grossly misleading.

Marijuana which is grown "clean," i.e., without the use of any carcinogenic pesticides or growth-inducing hormones is an absolutely benign plant which contains no toxic or pathogenic chemical properties. While there are certain individuals whose biochemistry is incompatible with cannabis, the fact is there is no record anywhere in the annals of medical science of marijuana causing death or serious illness. Zero! But NIDA (The National Institute on Drug Abuse) is fond of reporting in situations in which persons have been harmed by using marijuana -- but they fail to mention that the marijuana these individuals used was contaminated or "laced" (with heroin or other powerful narcotic).

The number of people who might react badly to the effects of cannabis is substantially smaller than that of persons who are made sick or die from eating peanuts or being stung by a bee.

If you are interested in the facts about marijuana's supposed harmful potential, read, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School (available from Amazon or most major libraries). Don't allow the common Reefer Madness propaganda to bend your reasoning.

[...]

[...]
To say marijuana ". . . is a dangerous substance for many people" is grossly misleading.

Marijuana which is grown "clean," i.e., without the use of any carcinogenic pesticides or growth-inducing hormones is an absolutely benign plant which contains no toxic or pathogenic chemical properties. While there are certain individuals whose biochemistry is incompatible with cannabis, the fact is there is no record anywhere in the annals of medical science of marijuana causing death or serious illness. Zero! But NIDA (The National Institute on Drug Abuse) is fond of reporting in situations in which persons have been harmed by using marijuana -- but they fail to mention that the marijuana these individuals used was contaminated or "laced" (with heroin or other powerful narcotic).

The number of people who might react badly to the effects of cannabis is substantially smaller than that of persons who are made sick or die from eating peanuts or being stung by a bee.

If you are interested in the facts about marijuana's supposed harmful potential, read, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School (available from Amazon or most major libraries). Don't allow the common Reefer Madness propaganda to bend your reasoning.
To suggest pot is not a dangerous substance for many people is dangerously ignorant.
To discount empirical reality of which you are ignorant is dangerously arrogant.

I saw a young woman wobbling around in a grocery store the other day, she couldn't have been over 22 years old. Someone told me she had done too much "molly" and now her nervous system is completely gone.
The Urban dictionary sez:
molly Abr. of 'molecular'.
Pure form of MDMA (ecstasy), usually a free powder or in capsules. Oftentimes MDA is sold as molly. Should be white in color (when it's pure) but is more often beige or yellow-brown, and sometimes brown or rarely gray.

Urban Dictionary molly
Thank you.

I've never tried Ecstasy. I've heard it called "X" and someone I knew who did use it told me a properly formulated (clean) and measured dose will produce an extremely pleasurable experience with no negative or addictive effect. But there is a problem in that too much "X" is produced by incompetent bootleggers and the end result is comparable to the "bathtub gin" which was bootlegged during alcohol prohibition and caused many deaths and serious illnesses.

Everything I've heard about MDMA suggests that it should be legally marketed by responsible, licensed vendors to adults who can certify their awareness of its effects and proper usage.

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt. We'll also save millions by not having to fight the drug dealers and lock up men and women who sell the drug. Pot is medically useful and much less dangerous than alcohol.

Why haven't we legalized this drug yet?

Yeah, that's it... we're going to pay off the debt from taxes off pot sales. My question is this, why all the demonization of tobacco and the glorification of weed? Isn't smoking just bad for you, regardless of what you are smoking?

Interestingly enough, the British Medical Society did a study on this.

They compared non smokers with cannabis only smokers and cigarette only smokers. Know what they found?

People who smoke cigarettes only are 21 percent more likely to die from smoking than non smokers.

People who smoke cannabis only are 0.93 to 0.75 percent as likely to die from smoking than non smokers. In other words, cannabis smokers only suffer LESS from smoking related diseases than those who don't smoke.
And users have less inflammation.

[...]

[...]

To suggest pot is not a dangerous substance for many people is dangerously ignorant.
To discount empirical reality of which you are ignorant is dangerously arrogant.
Blow it out your ass....

Forum List

Back