Legalization of Marijuana

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Who thinks herb should be legal for all? And not just medical. Everyone.

I am a big advocate of NORML and other groups. Weed is so harmless yet it's considered just as bad as cocaine, heroine, meth, crack, etc...

It's not physically addictive, doesn't make you angry, can't OD on it and the only thing in jeapordy when you're baked is the fridge.

Anyone else think Mary Jane should be legal? I'd love to debate anyone who feels it shouldn't.

Last edited:
you mean that shits still NOT LEGAL.!!!...wow...I have to be more careful
I think it should be legal but I don't want the government to tax the hell of it making the price go up. On the flip side the cost could go down when there is easy access to product. Plus you have to think with leglization of marijuana you could be taking away business from the small business owner. Do you really want to take Joe's job away from him.
So I really don't know how I feel! I don't want to get in trouble for it but I don' want people to loose their job.

Oh, man, there's absolutely no question it should be legalized. Not only is it virtually harmless (at least relative to most other drugs, including legal ones), but it even has medical benefits.

And throw in the fact that hemp is an almost miraculous crop, you just can't go wrong with it. Hemp is supposed to be incredibly useful and versatile; it can be used in a bunch of different ways (i.e clothes, paper, even fuel). I'd say legalize it.

I think it should be legal but I don't want the government to tax the hell of it making the price go up. On the flip side the cost could go down when there is easy access to product. Plus you have to think with leglization of marijuana you could be taking away business from the small business owner. Do you really want to take Joe's job away from him?
So I really don't know how I feel! I don't want to get in trouble for it but I don' want people to loose their job.

Don't worry about me, dudes... If America ever gets to the point where pot is legal, the free enterprise system will be alive and well and this Joe will be doing just fine.

-Joe

Hemp is not legal because there is no way in hell that the government can tax it.

Any nitwit with a vacant bit of the worst most marginal land in every climate, under the worst possible conditions can grow hemp.

Hence controlling it, as we do alcohol, is damned near impossible.

So...the only way for the governments to make any money on this drug is to keep it illegal so they can periodically harvest money from stoners and the businessmen who serve that market.

I think it should be decriminalized, but not legalized....

Several states have take the steps to decriminalize small amounts...like if you are caught with an ounce, there is no penalty or crime or if you grow a plant or two, there is no crime.... but if you are a dealer with large amounts there still is a penalty....

Miane is one of the states that has decriminalized small amounts for the individual....so that they could keep their prisons open for serious criminals.....at least from what i have been reading?

Last edited:
Smoke up, friend. Just do so in your own home, don't give it to kids and don't drive while you're high.

You are not even safe in your home, Ninja.

The police walked into my house a month or so ago while I was smoking a dube.

I expect the combined costs in fines and legal fees will be about $10,000 for growing a few plants.

And understand Maine is a medical marijuana state, too.

I expect the combined costs in fines and legal fees will be about $10,000 for growing a few plants.

i thought it was decriminalized in maine? that's what i read?

so does decriminalization really mean they can fine the shit out of you but won't imprison you? Editec?

so does decriminalization really mean they can fine the shit out of you but won't imprison you? Editec?

No, cultivation of hemp is not decriminalized.

They could imprison me up to a year.

Hence the lawyer fees.

If I was merely facing a fine, I'd probably represent myself just give myself a public platform to chastize the court and the police for wasting my time and invading my privacy.

No, cultivation of hemp is not decriminalized.

They could imprison me up to a year.

Hence the lawyer fees.

If I was merely facing a fine, I'd probably represent myself just give myself a public platform to chastize the court and the police for wasting my time and invading my privacy.

DAMN! that really stinks for u..... why'd you open the darn door for the coppers?

What the heck is decriminalization then....? I guess i need to do some more reading on it.....

care

I am a big advocate of NORML and other groups. Weed is so harmless yet it's considered just as bad as cocaine, heroine, meth, crack, etc...

It's not physically addictive, doesn't make you angry, can't OD on it and the only thing in jeapordy when you're baked is the fridge.

Anyone else think Mary Jane should be legal? I'd love to debate anyone who feels it shouldn't.
Stoner, your posting belongs in the the Internet Hall of Fame. I mean that, really. From your Pink Floyd avitar to your location and the misspelling in the post itself is classic stoner. Like Classic Rock! Your's is the funniest post I've read in years. I'm gonna' take a screen shot of it and make a poster out of it!

Please. PLEASE tell me you look like this guy:

Stoner-hippie.jpg

By the way "Animals" is the best Pink Floyd album. :smoke:

Hemp is not legal because there is no way in hell that the government can tax it.

This seems to be the common response most people make in regards to legalizing marijuana. I respectfully disagree. I'll explain below.

Any nitwit with a vacant bit of the worst most marginal land in every climate, under the worst possible conditions can grow hemp.

Any nitwit can make alcohol. You don't see major beer companies suffering, do you? During prohibition many people made their own and sold it. When prohibition was lifted those people went out of business. Same thing would happen to weed over time. Sure, like alcohol, you'd still see people making their own but eventually those numbers would dwindle down just like the people who brew their own beer. Reason is why go through Joe Blow when you can go to a store and buy weed at any time at the same, if not lower price.

Hence controlling it, as we do alcohol, is damned near impossible.

See above.

So...the only way for the governments to make any money on this drug is to keep it illegal so they can periodically harvest money from stoners and the businessmen who serve that market.

The government could make far more money making it legal. Sell it in specialty shops or whatever. Government taxes it, gets their cut, everyone is happy. You could have different companies that make it (just like cigarettes). Those companies grow it themselves and sell it for the same price, if not cheaper than we pay for it now.

It's a win/win. So no, I strongly disagree with the standard, "It isn't legal because the government can't tax it." It's no different than ciggarettes.

Last edited:
It's one of my 4 favorites of theirs. DSOTM, Animals, Wall and Wish You Were Here.

DSOTM will always be my all-time fav album. It's magical.

You got that right, bro... Dark Side of The Moon... Magic!

...1979 - her name was Mary... I can still hear the subtile scratches in the vinyl...

Good times!

-J

I have no problem decriminalizing pot. However, I don't think it is actually "considered as bad as cocaine, heroine, meth, crack, etc..." By whom?

If they didn't have PC or a warrant or your consent I hope you fight like hell.

Set up a legal defense fund and I'll bet you'd be able to recoup some of that $10,000 if you got word out to the right places in the interwebz.

Best of luck. Legal problems fucking suck.

Forum List

Back