Legal scams

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I saw this today and it brought back old memories.

That is only part of the story. A friend of my daughter was arrested. I didn't go through a bondsman. I put the bail up myself, out of pocket, assuming I would get it back when she showed up at court. They gave me a receipt and we all left. She went to court and all of her charges were dropped.

So, I went back to the police station to get my money back. They refused. I raised a big stink and found myself surrounded by six cops. I held up my receipt and told them that they would not give my money back and I was not the problem. While they were standing around looking confused I walked out.

I made an appointment to complain to the chief of police. What he said was that the judge told him to give bail the money to the court and that he could not give it back. The court would not give it back either.

Bail always goes through the courts, doesn't it? I think you need to find the proper channels to get it back. If they don't then contact your state reps.

"Finally, you will just have to wait anywhere from two to six weeks after the case has ended for the court to send your refund check in the mail. If six weeks passes and you do not receive the check in the mail, you should contact the court. When you call them, you are just inquiring if there was a problem with them issuing the refund check on the bail money that you paid. You will need to provide them with some information in order for them to look through their records to determine if there was a problem. This may include your contact information, the case number, and when the case ended."

Law Dictionary: Getting Your Bail Bond Money Back?

Forum List

Back