legal order in the international system

beachick0127

Rookie
Nov 2, 2007
i have to write a paper arguing that there IS legal order in the international system. so i thought i would get some opinions to help me get some other views and ideas. what do you think?:eusa_think:

What do you mean? There is order in the sense that Treaties are supposed to be binding documents and that some Countries accept certain world bodies as arbitors of contentious items. Further it is accepted that Diplomats are protected entities in every country by the legal Governments.

i have to write a paper arguing that there IS legal order in the international system. so i thought i would get some opinions to help me get some other views and ideas. what do you think?:eusa_think:

there is legal order in the international system because those that developed and control the system also decide what is legal...is there justice or morality in the international system is really the question

The UN might be a good place to start I think. One would think that that would be the conduit for past and present international legal arrangements.

Just thinking quickly here - you've been given some pretty good points by other posters and I can't suggest much more but perhaps if you looked at the situation in the world after WWII (given that Europe was stuffed, Japan was stuffed and the Soviet Union was grabbing territory hand over fist) and worked from there to see how international law and order (horrible phrase but handy) was established. And perhaps even a look at how the international economy was being reconstructed after WWII, the Bretton Woods agreement and its progeny might be useful.

Forum List

Back