Legal Immigrants Support Trump

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
America Is So in Play

Mr. Trump’s support is not limited to Republicans, not by any means.

My friend Cesar works the deli counter at my neighborhood grocery store. He is Dominican, an immigrant, early 50s, and listens most mornings to a local Hispanic radio station, La Mega, on 97.9 FM.

Their morning show is the popular “El Vacilón de la Mañana,” and after the first GOP debate, Cesar told me, they opened the lines to call-ins, asking listeners (mostly Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican) for their impressions.

More than half called in to say they were for Mr. Trump. Their praise, Cesar told me a few weeks ago, dumbfounded the hosts. I later spoke to one of them, who identified himself as D.J. New Era. He backed Cesar’s story. “We were very surprised,” at the Trump support, he said. Why? “It’s a Latin-based market!”

“He’s the man,” Cesar said of Mr. Trump. This week I went by and Cesar told me that after Mr. Trump threw Univision’s well-known anchor and immigration activist,Jorge Ramos,out of an Iowa news conference on Tuesday evening, the “El Vacilón” hosts again threw open the phone lines the following morning and were again surprised that the majority of callers backed not Mr. Ramos but Mr. Trump. Cesar, who I should probably note sees me, I sense, as a very nice establishment person who needs to get with the new reality, was delighted.

I said: Cesar, you’re supposed to be offended by Trump, he said Mexico is sending over criminals, he has been unfriendly, you’re an immigrant. Cesar shook his head: No, you have it wrong. Immigrants, he said, don’t like illegal immigration, and they’re with Mr. Trump on abirth to take advantage of the system. We are saying that! When you come to this country, you pledge loyalty to the country that opened the doors to help you.”

He added, “We don’t bloc vote anymore.” The idea of a “Latin vote” is “disparate,” which he said generally translates as nonsense, but which he means as “bull----.”

He finished, on the subject of Jorge Ramos: “The elite have different notions from the grass-roots working people.”

OK. Old style: Jorge Ramos speaks for Hispanic America. New style: Jorge Ramos speaks for Jorge Ramos. Old style: If I’ve lostWalter Cronkite,I’ve lost middle America. New style: How touching that an American president once thought if you lost a newsman you’d losta country.

America Is So in Play

As the immigrant, says, over half of the Latino immigrants called in and supported Trump after the debate and the Jorge Ramos affair. They are not a voting bloc any longer, but think, When you come to this country, you pledge loyalty to the country that opened the doors to help you.”

Those are the immigrants we want here. I am pleased that they love America, as the supporters of Trump do.

Polling numbers do not bear this out, not even in the slightest. Not even a smidge. From over 25 independent-from-each-other pollsters.

For every one of those Ceasar's, I bet you can find nine other Ceasars who disagree, and very strongly at that.

But this will be easy to gauge. Just wait until the primaries are over with...

note: LEGAL immigrants support Trump. Who cares what illegals think? The cannot vote-----------sorry dems.

The TV station Ramos works for is mainly watched by ILLEGALS living here looking for general instructions on how to cheat the system and file false forms.

Mexicans who can speak English look DOWN on those who cannot.
LEGALS ARE THE FIRST GROUP HARMED BY illegals. ANY Univision claim or poll or news story is HIGHLY skewed from the start.

Polling numbers do not bear this out, not even in the slightest. Not even a smidge. From over 25 independent-from-each-other pollsters.

For every one of those Ceasar's, I bet you can find nine other Ceasars who disagree, and very strongly at that.

But this will be easy to gauge. Just wait until the primaries are over with...
note: LEGAL immigrants support Trump. Who cares what illegals think? The cannot vote-----------sorry dems.
Actually, I had Legal Immigrants first in my title, but realized it never mentioned if Ceasar and those callers were legal or not. So, to be accurate, I just left it as Immigrants.

Forum List

Back