Legacy admissions: White affirmative action

I doubt very much that the "legacy" admissions outnumber affirmative action admissions.

Even if so, there is something they bring: money, for one. They can pay full tuition, and their families donate to the college otherwise. This in turn helps support kids who might rely on scholarships.

Affirmative action admissions bring nothing, except a higher crime rate on campus.

Legacy admissions receive higher *PREFERENCE* than affirmative action candidates, if people are going to argue that people should be admitted from a merit standpoint[which is what anti-affirmative action bandits argue for] legacy admits should equally not be given preference, they're just as likely to box out higher qualified people also.

I think legacy admissions are just as unfair as affirmative action admissions.

Legacy Admissions means someone whos mommy/daddy is alumni may get in even if more qualified people should have the spot.

Affirmative Actions admissions also let people in when there are more qualified people to fill the spot.

The difference is any race can get legacy admissions as long as their mommy/daddy graduated (yes i know your theme that more white people have this opportunity i'm not arguing that specific point here).

However, certain races are exluded from Affirmative Action admissions, making the affirmative action admissions discriminatory based on race.

what a crock of shit. As if black bastards crying about ironic racism can't qualify as a legacy.

go pull your pants up, charles bass.

You and your downlow boyfriend Gunny are the only two retards who categorically deny the reality of something by calling it BS without posting any evidence to refute it.

what a crock of shit. As if black bastards crying about ironic racism can't qualify as a legacy.

You and your downlow boyfriend Gunny are the only two retards who categorically deny the reality of something by calling it BS without posting any evidence to refute it.

I don't need evidence that there are no aliens just because you claim there is. Again, your silly negro ass CAN be a legacy just like a white kid. don't blame us if your posterity would rather rob a fucking liquor store than go to college. go tell it to your baby mammas, motherfucker.

I don't need evidence that there are no aliens just because you claim there is. Again, your silly negro ass CAN be a legacy just like a white kid. don't blame us if your posterity would rather rob a fucking liquor store than go to college. go tell it to your baby mammas, motherfucker.

so basically you admit you have presented no evidence whatsoever to refute the Bass position and the facts posted via links therefore you are trolling and resorting to personal attack to refute a position you have no real evidence to challenge. That equals a great waste of time on your part, pathetic.

I doubt very much that the "legacy" admissions outnumber affirmative action admissions.

Even if so, there is something they bring: money, for one. They can pay full tuition, and their families donate to the college otherwise. This in turn helps support kids who might rely on scholarships.

Affirmative action admissions bring nothing, except a higher crime rate on campus.

Legacy admissions receive higher *PREFERENCE* than affirmative action candidates, if people are going to argue that people should be admitted from a merit standpoint[which is what anti-affirmative action bandits argue for] legacy admits should equally not be given preference, they're just as likely to box out higher qualified people also.

Legacy Admissions means someone whos mommy/daddy is alumni may get in even if more qualified people should have the spot.

Affirmative Actions admissions also let people in when there are more qualified people to fill the spot.

The difference is any race can get legacy admissions as long as their mommy/daddy graduated (yes i know your theme that more white people have this opportunity i'm not arguing that specific point here).

However, certain races are exluded from Affirmative Action admissions, making the affirmative action admissions discriminatory based on race.

Affirmative action is not spoecifically for unqualified people, it is for people who are qualified and in fact they pic from a pool of the best qualified.

Affirmative action is not spoecifically for unqualified people, it is for people who are qualified and in fact they pic from a pool of the best qualified.
In theory they may pick from the best qualified.
My father applied for a job and scored higher on the civil service test than the women they hired along with having more experience, six months later she couldn't cut it and he had the job.

I'm a legacy, they gotta take me!

animalhouse6.jpg

Gee, how do you get into that "pool"?
:cuckoo:

You're an idiot, the Bass attended an HBCU to obtain his degree in keeping with family tradition and turned down invites from mainstream, mostly white colleges.

The point I'm making is that to get into that "pool", you have to be non-white. In my experience, they look at race first, the rest of the resume later. Whatever your opinion on that, it sure as hell isn't the "colorblind" society that we're told is so easily achievable.

And by bringing up the fact that you went to a historically black college, you dig yourself in deeper. Naturally, I couldn't go to such a college, nor could anyone in my family. But I'll bet the HBC's practice legacy admissions with a vengeance.

The point I'm making is that to get into that "pool", you have to be non-white. In my experience, they look at race first, the rest of the resume later. Whatever your opinion on that, it sure as hell isn't the "colorblind" society that we're told is so easily achievable.

And by bringing up the fact that you went to a historically black college, you dig yourself in deeper. Naturally, I couldn't go to such a college, nor could anyone in my family. But I'll bet the HBC's practice legacy admissions with a vengeance.

Wanna make a bet they don't practice legacy admissions as much as you think? To get into that pool one must have the grades and meet all of the qualifications and affirmative action isn't all about race, its about gender, but no one talks about that, they focus solely on race and ignore lecay admissions and affirmative action based on gender.

Wanna make a bet they don't practice legacy admissions as much as you think? To get into that pool one must have the grades and meet all of the qualifications and affirmative action isn't all about race, its about gender, but no one talks about that, they focus solely on race and ignore lecay admissions and affirmative action based on gender.

Forum List

Back