Left's Love for Apple???

So what's it to you if somebody wants to "throw their money away"? What stakes do you have in the outcome? Does it really bother you that many people choose Apple products over that of competitors? Is it capitalism you're against?

Or is the real reason Job's personal political views? (which I think he's never shoved down anyone's throats or preached-not 100% sure on that though).

Saying Apple is a company that mostly liberals support is like saying Best Buy is a store that's supported by mostly conservatives.

PS-Last time I went into a Best Buy they had Apple products all over the place. I guess they're a part of the liberals that make up all the support of Apple right? :lol:

First of all, of course I'm not saying they're not allowed to buy Macs, I never implied that once. I said I wouldn't be throwing MY money away. I was however expressing my opinion that Apple hasn't done much to develop technology.

Second, like I said earlier - Apple isn't as popular as some believe or as you believe. Their market share in the US is about 12%, and outside the US it's about half that.

Lastly, I posted a link to a study about how Apple users are more likely to in fact be liberal. As for Best Buy, I wouldn't say they're either as they sell both PC's and MAC's, IPhones and Androids. :lol:

1. You're precisely right about Best Buy. And Best Buy has donated almost exclusively to conservative causes in the past. My point was that people don't buy products based on the company's political views (especially if they're not preaching them). The fact that Best Buy carries them is just more proof of this.

2. The market share you're quoting I'm assuming is for computers/laptops. It wouldn't include other industries Apple is in-that virtually none of those competitors among the PC market are in (phones, or music devices for example).

3. Apple's stock is a very big stock, it closed at $400.29. The volume is also very large. It's been on a steady incline, and quite frankly recovered from the 08 crash relatively quickly compared with most other companies. Compare this to any other computer manufacturing company.

HP closed at $25.92, or roughly 6.5% of Apple's stock, those are today's numbers. Not to mention it's stock has NOT recovered anywhere near as well as Apple's post-08 crash (in fact they haven't recovered well at all-period).

Why did I use HP as an example? Because they lead among the PC market in share in 2010. Apple was fourth.

4. Lastly, for your link. It's not an accurate survey. Why? The top says 39% of people use Droid, 28% us Apple. This is in the smart phone operating market share section.

Then in their survey, 32% of the respondents said they use Apple, while just 21% say they use Droid. Now the numbers wont be precisely the same-but that's a big fluctuation (especially among the Droid users).

Also they're only 17% more likely to be liberal-this is from your link. 17% more likely-and that's the best you have for Apple being a company that's supported by liberals? That's sad. Android users are 20% more likely to be conservative.

Are you suggesting that Google is a company that's supported by conservatives?

edit: I would also like to point out that your own source (not mine) said that Apple had a 28% share of the smart phone market. That's more than just "12% of the population" at Starbucks.

Not to mention they hover somewhere around 75% of the mp3 market share.

Last edited:
1. You're precisely right about Best Buy. And Best Buy has donated almost exclusively to conservative causes in the past. My point was that people don't buy products based on the company's political views (especially if they're not preaching them). The fact that Best Buy carries them is just more proof of this.

2. The market share you're quoting I'm assuming is for computers/laptops. It wouldn't include other industries Apple is in-that virtually none of those competitors among the PC market are in (phones, or music devices for example).

3. Apple's stock is a very big stock, it closed at $400.29. The volume is also very large. It's been on a steady incline, and quite frankly recovered from the 08 crash relatively quickly compared with most other companies. Compare this to any other computer manufacturing company.

HP closed at $25.92, or roughly 6.5% of Apple's stock, those are today's numbers. Not to mention it's stock has NOT recovered anywhere near as well as Apple's post-08 crash (in fact they haven't recovered well at all-period).

Why did I use HP as an example? Because they lead among the PC market in share in 2010. Apple was fourth.

4. Lastly, for your link. It's not an accurate survey. Why? The top says 39% of people use Droid, 28% us Apple. This is in the smart phone operating market share section.

Then in their survey, 32% of the respondents said they use Apple, while just 21% say they use Droid. Now the numbers wont be precisely the same-but that's a big fluctuation (especially among the Droid users).

Also they're only 17% more likely to be liberal-this is from your link. 17% more likely-and that's the best you have for Apple being a company that's supported by liberals? That's sad. Android users are 20% more likely to be conservative.

Are you suggesting that Google is a company that's supported by conservatives?

edit: I would also like to point out that your own source (not mine) said that Apple had a 28% share of the smart phone market. That's more than just "12% of the population" at Starbucks.

Not to mention they hover somewhere around 75% of the mp3 market share.

I never claimed that Apple was "supported" by liberals in the way that you claim, neither did I imply that apple products have a high following among liberals because of Apples own political leanings (of which I'm not aware of). In fact I think if liberals did judge the company on that type of criteria (such as the way it does business) they may not like apple very much.

Apples Stock price is very high, yes, but it's on a sugar high. Much like many stocks that later collapse their P/E Ratio is extremely high - this means that their stock is not justified by market fundamentals such as profit or revenue, plus they pay no dividend. Kind of like the way the price of their products aren't quite justified by the features or quality. That's because they have such a cult following among their followers. HP on the other hand pays a dividend to their investors and has a much lower P/E ratio.

I wouldn't downplay the fact that 12% is only in the PC market - the average laptop costs about five to ten times the amount of the average phone, and their smartphone market share is smaller despite the fact Iphone has been available much longer than android phones. And to be honest I don't care how much market penetration they have in the $99 MP3 market.

I highly doubt most of them sit in Starbucks with their macs, starbucks is too corporate and not nearly pretentious enough for them anymore.

Let's not forget that the original theme here is that Apple is very popular among liberals, has there been a study by the census bureau? No there hasn't, I didn't try and argue that it's the official phone of liberal elitists everywhere, I don't think anyone here was. But I think the article does highlight the fact that it's a product more popular among liberals.

You're trying to argue this from some sort of a scientific standpoint when I don't think that appropriate for this type of topic.

Last edited:
Because most liberals are
A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.
C) Probably know very little about computers.

Unlike many of us who work for a living or are productive, liberals spend their day posing as pseudo creative/intellectual types. Most productive industries use PC's, any person who works from home uses PC's for the most part. They're better value for money and more universally used in the business world. So why is Apple popular do you ask? Well It has a market penetration of only about 12% in the United States, and about half that amount in the rest of the world. The 12% who do use them are either wannabe creative types who sit in coffee shops all day with black rimmed glasses so others can look at them and think they're a famous blogger or some app developer when most of the time they aren't - probably just browsing craigslist or the ikea catalog all day. The rest are usually student loan brats.

Apple computer are hardly used in any productive applications on a large scale.

I've used Apple for years in my home music recording studio. It's amazing how reliable it is. Never lose any of my work, doesn't freeze, keeps up with my recording. The sound quality is top notch. I've tried the exact same thing on a PC before-and it's just not as good. The quality and dependability isn't there. While most business may use PCs, there are industries that use macs almost exclusively.

Ultimately though I don't judge somebody's personal political affiliation, with the products they're putting out. If I'm at a store that only sells domestic beer and they're all the same price-I'll buy Coors Light. If at the same store the ketchup is the same price-I'll buy Heinz every time. Does this mean I'm a mindless conservative, or a mindless liberal? Of course not. It means I have personal preferences to products, and I'll buy whatever product I think is best (the backbone of any true market economy btw). I suspect the overwhelming of Americans buy products for the products themselves.

If people's main grief is that Apple products are so expensive-fine. You have other options-pursue them. If you're still compelled to bitch, chances are you're just being bitter that you can't afford them.

Maybe I can afford them but don't feel like throwing my money away, that's hardly being bitter. I understand that there are some exceptions where some professionals may prefer to use a mac, but that is hardly widespread.

Some people prefer Apple because the operating system is better, the customer service is superior and they don't have to fret that every email and every website is a potential virus that will wipe out their hard-drive and cost a fortune to fix. While the upfront cost of an Apple product might be higher, the long-term costs aren't necessarily so.

The left loves Apple and they love Steve Jobs more. They think it's the best and most American company out there. They call it a "Green Company."

Then they bash companies like Walmart and Target for only selling products made in China and avoiding environmental regulations, providing only low paying service jobs, providing weak healthcare benefits, for fighting the unions and the unionization of it's workforce, their owner is a billionaire and their executives millionaires and of coure for snuffling out the mom and pop companies.

But they love "Green" Apple!!! They think it's swell all-American Company and the opposite of Walmart and Target. But exam Apple:
(1) Made In China: ALL of Apple's products are made, assembled and packaged overseas. I believe some of chips are made in Israel, but the everything else is made in China, including the raw materials! The reason is to avoid us business and envirnomental regs and the slave wages! Not to green!
Where are apple computers manufactured?

(2) Low Paying Jobs: Surprise surprise, not the high payers. Do you wonder why it seems like the sales guys change regularly? Most make minimum wage some make a few dollars more. OK, what about the geniuses behind the genius bar, those guys are great help me out a ton (I will say it first hand, these guys are great, extremely knowledgable, efficient, great problem solvers and they work hard). To the tune of $32K (unless you management then $51K)
http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Apple-Mac-Genius-Salaries-E1138_D_KO6,16.html

(3) Healthcare? What healthcare: They provide computers not healthcare! Even Walmart and Target provide healthcare. I know a bunch of sole practioners that have their wives work at Walmart, Target or Jewel to get healthcare!

(4) Unions: Just like another supposedly "Green" company Ben and Jerry's they fought unionization, but Apple won! No unions for this "leftist" company!

(5) Good to the Mom and Pops: Funny I never see any mom and pop computer stores anymore! Especially when Apple moves in. Heck there used to be a ton of computer repair stores offering a valuable service, but this Large Corp does it for free and snuffed out those mommies and daddies!!!

(6) They provide resonably priced products so even the poor can afford them:
LOL, their computers are more expensive than Dell, HP, Compaq etc. Many times by ton. The IPhone isn't much cheaper either, one of the highest priced on the market. Not to mention the Ipad costs as much as a laptop and the new competing product that is coming out from google (forgot the name), is a quarter of the price. Not too good to the poor!

(7) Steve Jobs was a Billionaire: And his executives are millionaires! I think he and they falls into the 1%!!! :eusa_whistle:

Point of this thread is why does the left love them so much? Could it be they love the computers, Ipods, IPhones and Ipads; therefore, they give it a pass and call it a Green company? Nope I think the left is just so ignorant that they just think that companies they like are better than companies they don't like!

This is not to bash Apple. I love the Apple computers, the Ipad and the Iphone. Part of what I love about Apple is the genius bar. It's an invaluable service and they provide the best customer services of any company out there!

I wish they made their products here, but I current over-regulation, tax system and failure to fight the trade war with China prevents them and other manufacturers like them forming doing so! You can't blame them, because if they tried to stay state-side Steve would have had to change his name to Steve Jobless!

But there so cooool.

So what's it to you if somebody wants to "throw their money away"? What stakes do you have in the outcome? Does it really bother you that many people choose Apple products over that of competitors? Is it capitalism you're against?

Or is the real reason Job's personal political views? (which I think he's never shoved down anyone's throats or preached-not 100% sure on that though).

Saying Apple is a company that mostly liberals support is like saying Best Buy is a store that's supported by mostly conservatives.

PS-Last time I went into a Best Buy they had Apple products all over the place. I guess they're a part of the liberals that make up all the support of Apple right? :lol:

First of all, of course I'm not saying they're not allowed to buy Macs, I never implied that once. I said I wouldn't be throwing MY money away. I was however expressing my opinion that Apple hasn't done much to develop technology.

Second, like I said earlier - Apple isn't as popular as some believe or as you believe. Their market share in the US is about 12%, and outside the US it's about half that.

Lastly, I posted a link to a study about how Apple users are more likely to in fact be liberal. As for Best Buy, I wouldn't say they're either as they sell both PC's and MAC's, IPhones and Androids. :lol:

^stuck in the 1990's. Apple's share of the laptop / desktop market might be 12%, but that's like saying they have 12% of the market in corded phones for the home.

Their market share in the phone, mp3 player and tablet market is far ahead of that 12%. In fact, they so dominate the MP3 market that there's not another household name in the group.

I just think they love their IPhones,IPads,and Macbooks too much to hate Apple. I don't think the other stuff matters. Apple outsources many jobs overseas. Many on the Left just can't live without some of these Apple products. That's the reality.

Are you saying the right wasn't smart enough to go with Apple? :cool:

Lol! I must have really pissed off the OP. He seems bitter. Let's review what he had to say:

"****** I have a base of $53 and with commission I make another $50-$60K a year, so kiss my ass!"

Stay classy, Ghook! and go get a job that pays well, will ya?

Classy to you? You don't deserve. And I think I demostrated I have a job, so take your self-rigtheousness and go fuck yourself!

Lol! I must have really pissed off the OP. He seems bitter. Let's review what he had to say:

"****** I have a base of $53 and with commission I make another $50-$60K a year, so kiss my ass!"

Stay classy, Ghook! and go get a job that pays well, will ya?

Classy to you? You don't deserve. And I think I demostrated I have a job, so take your self-rigtheousness and go fuck yourself!

Classy to anyone who might question your use of the derogatory term. You've nicely demonstrated enough about yourself to shed any credibility you might have had.

Apple is about to get burned by the heat of the competition.

MP3-level-Asians.jpg

The left loves Apple and they love Steve Jobs more. They think it's the best and most American company out there. They call it a "Green Company."

But they love "Green" Apple!!! They think it's swell all-American Company and the opposite of Walmart and Target. But exam Apple:

(3) Healthcare? What healthcare: They provide computers not healthcare! Even Walmart and Target provide healthcare. I know a bunch of sole practioners that have their wives work at Walmart, Target or Jewel to get healthcare!

Try this: "They provide computers not healthcare.....for Health Care Reform!!!!"

241.png
241.png
241.png

$

January 12, 2009

Digital Health Records

"President-elect wants to computerize the nation's health care records in five years. But the plan comes with a hefty price tag, and specialized labor is scarce.

Here's the audacious plan: Computerize all health records within five years. The quality of health care for all Americans gets a big boost, and costs decline.

Sounds good. But it won't be easy.

In fact, many hurdles stand in the way. Only about 8% of the nation's 5,000 hospitals and 17% of its 800,000 physicians currently use the kind of common computerized record-keeping systems that Obama envisions for the whole nation. And some experts say that serious concerns about patient privacy must be addressed first. Finally, the country suffers a dearth of skilled workers necessary to build and implement the necessary technology.

"The hard part of this is that we can't just drop a computer on every doctor's desk," said Dr. David Brailer, former National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, who served as President Bush's health information czar from 2004 to 2006. "Getting electronic records up and running is a very technical task."

As USUAL.....America's "conservatives"/Luddites have no faith in American-ingenuity....and, they're the "pros" who are forecasting future-MARKET$??!!!

323.png
323.png
323.png
323.png

*​

Mar 12, 2012

iPads Raise Efficiency

"When doctors-in-training at the University of Chicago were given iPad tablet computers to use on their rounds, they found that using the device helped them be more efficient at ordering tests and procedures for their patients.

The study from the university program, published Monday in the Archives of Internal Medicine, tracked 115 residents who received devices purchased by the hospital. There was no funding reported from Apple Inc, which makes the iPad.

Most residents who used the devices to access patient records and coordinate their care said they cut about an hour per day off their workload. Researchers also found that the internal medicine trainees tended to put in orders for patient procedures earlier than before they got an iPad.

The iPads allowed residents to see patients' electronic health records, to contact the hospital laboratory or other departments if they needed tests done and to show patients their own x-rays and other test results, as well as access medical journals."

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

:party:

obama-relaxing.gif

Strawman thread of the day. Bravo!

no hypocrisy. Liberals hate rich people, except when they're liberal. They can break all the liberal commandements, because they vote democrat. It's amazing how hypocritical liberals are and how poorer liberals want to be regulated by the richer liberals.

Left/Democrats are a very confused & dishonest bunch. I wouldn't ever take them too seriously. They don't know whether they're supposed to hate 'Evil Corporations', or to love em. Their talking points change weekly. One week they're all Anti-Capitalist OWS yahoos, and the next week they're all boasting about increased Wall Street profits. They don't know where they stand on anything. They just rely on their weekly DNC Talking Points. They're actually pretty fun entertainment. So stay tuned, they're gonna sound even more loony as the Election draws nearer.

no hypocrisy. Liberals hate rich people, except when they're liberal. They can break all the liberal commandements, because they vote democrat. It's amazing how hypocritical liberals are and how poorer liberals want to be regulated by the richer liberals.

So true, what is another one? Ben and Jerry's ice cream! The 'Green' liberal company those ignorant Occupy Wall Street children love so much, isn't so liberal. First, they opposed unionization and WON! They have no unions, because they made it that way. Second, they provide low wages, because they can get away with it! But the left loves them because they MAKE GOOD ICE CREAM FOR WHEN THEY HAVE THE MUNCHIES!

Left/Democrats are a very confused & dishonest bunch. I wouldn't ever take them too seriously. They don't know whether they're supposed to hate 'Evil Corporations', or to love em. Their talking points change weekly. One week they're all Anti-Capitalist OWS yahoos, and the next week they're all boasting about increased Wall Street profits. They don't know where they stand on anything. They just rely on their weekly DNC Talking Points. They're actually pretty fun entertainment. So stay tuned, they're gonna sound even more loony as the Election draws nearer.

LOL so true. I love when those OWS fools were preaching such anticapitialistic ideals, but the same liberals then turned around and stated look how high Obama got the market to go, see the profits from the bailout banks were so high they paid back the bailout money and look at GM they bounced back!

Ok if using a iPad and an iPhone makes me a "lefty" then so be it, I love the darn thing, and they both are great devices for me. I don't think that anyone here would be hard pressed not to find technology that is not made someplace in China and as a matter of fact from what I understand , Samsung makes a large majority of the displays in Apple products, as well as Foxconn makes many other products for companies like HP and Dell. So if thats the case then there are a heck of a lot of "leftys" out there. On the plus side at the very least this is an American company that seems to be doing great and I honestly do not care which political party is associated with it, that said it would be a heck of alot better of Apple would take some of those billions they have in the bank and start making some of that technology here in the good old USA, union non union I don't care as long as it said made in USA on it.

So true, what is another one? Ben and Jerry's ice cream! The 'Green' liberal company those ignorant Occupy Wall Street children love so much, isn't so liberal. First, they opposed unionization and WON! They have no unions, because they made it that way. Second, they provide low wages, because they can get away with it! But the left loves them because they MAKE GOOD ICE CREAM FOR WHEN THEY HAVE THE MUNCHIES!

Ben and Jerry's had a wage structure mandating that the CEO never made more than 7x the median worker. They actually paid quite well (and still do).

But they got purchased by Unilever several years ago.

LOL so true. I love when those OWS fools were preaching such anticapitialistic ideals, but the same liberals then turned around and stated look how high Obama got the market to go, see the profits from the bailout banks were so high they paid back the bailout money and look at GM they bounced back!

Yea the Left/Democrats only rely on their DNC Talking Points. And the talking points change weekly. One week they're all about being OWS nutters, and the next week they're all about loving Apple and Wall Street profits. They're very disingenuous people.

I assume that no cons own an iPhone or an iPad ... certainly not a Mac computer.

Apple is an 'Evil Corporation.' Or was that last week's DNC Talking Point? You guys change your talking points weekly. I guess you like 'Evil Corporations' this week.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back