Leftist states file suit over SALT caps

Blue states file suit against the US over tax deduction limits

So instead of CUTTING your taxes you want to FORCE people to pay you more.....are all leftists this dumb? They will lose even if it takes going to the SC to do it.

I really hope you are spayed because you're too stupid to deserve to procreate.

By capping the SALT deduction, the federal government has raised taxes on people from states with higher nominal incomes, like New York. These states are suing, trying to force the federal government to roll back that tax increase. I'm not sure how it's a matter for the courts, but the judge will have to figure that out.

Every state has a different economy. In New York, a nominal amount of $10,000 can be a relatively small amount, while in states like Louisiana it's a much larger amount. This disparity is one of the main reasons why federal minimum wage laws are so ineffective. The effect of the SALT cap is that people from states with high nominal income pay higher federal income taxes despite the fact that their local taxes may be comparatively lower than those from low nominal income states.

The only one trying to force people to pay more is the federal government.

Shouldn't there be an effort to lower state and local taxes in those states? It seems as if there is a deduction for them, it allows states and local government to tax and spend with no restraint.

So instead of CUTTING your taxes you want to FORCE people to pay you more.....are all leftists this dumb? They will lose even if it takes going to the SC to do it.

By capping the SALT deduction, the federal government has raised taxes on people from states with higher nominal incomes, like New York. These states are suing, trying to force the federal government to roll back that tax increase. I'm not sure how it's a matter for the courts, but the judge will have to figure that out.

Every state has a different economy. In New York, a nominal amount of $10,000 can be a relatively small amount, while in states like Louisiana it's a much larger amount. This disparity is one of the main reasons why federal minimum wage laws are so ineffective. The effect of the SALT cap is that people from states with high nominal income pay higher federal income taxes despite the fact that their local taxes may be comparatively lower than those from low nominal income states.

Figure it out, those individuals are not paying their fair share to the federal government, instead they are sending it to their state government for $150,000 a year dog catchers ...

Pay your fucking fair share to the feds, please and thank you.

So why do the rest of the American taxpayers have to pick up your slack? Doyathink that’s fair?

Shouldn't there be an effort to lower state and local taxes in those states? It seems as if there is a deduction for them, it allows states and local government to tax and spend with no restraint.

To the contrary. Federal taxes should be lowered, state and local governments should assume the primary responsibilities that have become wrapped up by the federal government.

Not OUR job to pay more taxes because idiots vote for tax raising idiots.You elected them you get to deal with it.

BS, Taxes, not income is the determining factor. Why should the rest of the country subsidize up to 35% of the revenues in high tax States? Also the States have no standing to challenge taxes paid by individuals. This commie crap will go nowhere.

How stupid can dimocrap scum be?

The Court will find a Constitutional Amendment unconstitutional??

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Now...... That's some serious stupid there

BS, Taxes, not income is the determining factor. Why should the rest of the country subsidize up to 35% of the revenues in high tax States? Also the States have no standing to challenge taxes paid by individuals. This commie crap will go nowhere.

I never said that the case has legal merits. But anyone who claims this is an attempt by these states to raise taxes is an idiot because that is the exact opposite of what's happening. The federal government is the one who raised taxes on people, and these particular states are objecting to it.

I never said that the case has legal merits. But anyone who claims this is an attempt by these states to raise taxes is an idiot because that is the exact opposite of what's happening. The federal government is the one who raised taxes on people, and these particular states are objecting to it.

The States aren't raising taxes, they already have excessively high taxes and are trying to protect them. If the federal government subsidizes up to 35% of their revenue stream, there is no incentive for their people to push for lower taxes. The States fear is the higher income earners with the ability to leave their States, will do so in ever increasing numbers. That will lower their property values and reduce the States income stream. It's all about protecting the status quo.

Nowhere under current law is it mandated that the federal government is required to subsidize state and local taxes by allowing them to be deducted from federal tax liabilities.

If the state wants to tax you $100,000 the federal government is not required to allow you to deduct $100,000 from you federal taxable income under current law.

Not OUR job to pay more taxes because idiots vote for tax raising idiots.You elected them you get to deal with it.

Without those taxes how do you expect to live off the government?

I am in college and I also run a business. I don't need to live off the government.

I am in college and I also run a business. I don't need to live off the government.

Sure you are. You used to brag about how you stayed at home while your significant other was the bread winner.

Sure you are. You used to brag about how you stayed at home while your significant other was the bread winner.
Lefty. YOU are the enemy. You could be destroyed in the most horrible way ever and I would laugh about it. Let that sink in as to where your OPINION sits and means to me. mmk?

Lefty. YOU are the enemy. You could be destroyed in the most horrible way ever and I would laugh about it. Let that sink in as to where your OPINION sits and means to me. mmk?

Great comeback. I love when Trump supporters argue against the benefits they reap from. I see it all over the place here in Kentucky. The same people paying for their groceries with food stamps, sitting in the doctor's office with the insurance they never had before, or the people asking my landlord if he accepts HUD... all sit and talk about how great Trump is.

You fit that bill perfectly! You think it is ok for Trump to waste tax payer dollars in TRUMP stuff, but then you complain about things like food stamps, healthcare, and CHIP... when you reaped their benefits yourself.

Forum List

Back