Leftist Media Admits - Universal Background Checks Don't Do Squat.

and it's going to be ineffective because criminals dont' give a damn about the law.

Who care what they think . They can’t buy that gun.

From a store, or a registered dealer?

No

From Bubba in the back alley behind Reds bar?

Nothing stopping them.

also nothing stopping them from raiding a store, breaking into a home, getting them from other criminals, etc.

Take off the rose colored glasses...

criminals dont' give a crap about laws

and it's going to be ineffective because criminals dont' give a damn about the law.

No

Nothing stopping them.

also nothing stopping them from raiding a store, breaking into a home, getting them from other criminals, etc.

Ever notice guns is the only area people
Make the “criminals don’t care , why bother “ argument .

Would you say the same about illegals ? “Why have immigration laws. Illegals won’t follow them .”

No

Nothing stopping them.

Ever notice guns is the only area people
Make the “criminals don’t care , why bother “ argument .

Would you say the same about illegals ? “Why have immigration laws. Illegals won’t follow them .”

no, I wouldn't.

But then, I'm not apt to compare apples to oranges

From an undeniably leftist rag (Vox):
  • One study, by UC Davis and Johns Hopkins researchers, found that after California enacted comprehensive background checks, as well as misdemeanor violence prohibitions for guns, the policy changes were not associated with changes in the firearm homicide or suicide rates. (A caveat: It’s possible comprehensive background checks had some effect, but it was just too small to detect in a population-level study.)
  • Another study, from UC Davis, UC Berkeley, and Johns Hopkins researchers, found that after Indiana and Tennessee repealed comprehensive background checks, the repeals were not associated with changes in the firearm homicide or suicide rates. (Again, it’s also possible that there was an effect, but it was simply too small for the study to detect.)
  • A study, by Johns Hopkins researchers, found that comprehensive background checks alone in urban counties were actually associated with an increase in firearm homicides, although the authors cautioned that background checks very likely did not cause the increase so much as have little effect while homicides were already increasing.

Democrats need to think way bigger on guns

So, laws that only affected the law abiding did nothing to stop criminal activity? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!!
Guess we better just go straight to confiscation then.

Too bad.

From an undeniably leftist rag (Vox):
  • One study, by UC Davis and Johns Hopkins researchers, found that after California enacted comprehensive background checks, as well as misdemeanor violence prohibitions for guns, the policy changes were not associated with changes in the firearm homicide or suicide rates. (A caveat: It’s possible comprehensive background checks had some effect, but it was just too small to detect in a population-level study.)
  • Another study, from UC Davis, UC Berkeley, and Johns Hopkins researchers, found that after Indiana and Tennessee repealed comprehensive background checks, the repeals were not associated with changes in the firearm homicide or suicide rates. (Again, it’s also possible that there was an effect, but it was simply too small for the study to detect.)
  • A study, by Johns Hopkins researchers, found that comprehensive background checks alone in urban counties were actually associated with an increase in firearm homicides, although the authors cautioned that background checks very likely did not cause the increase so much as have little effect while homicides were already increasing.

Democrats need to think way bigger on guns

So, laws that only affected the law abiding did nothing to stop criminal activity? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!!
Guess we better just go straight to confiscation then.

Too bad.
So you ARE coming for the guns.

Forum List

Back