Leftist fake news media silent as 20 protesters murdered in Iran.

It is free in the sense the government doesn't control it. It is not impartial, which progressive try to pass as a "free" press.

It isn't free because it is being controlled.

Everything is controlled to some extent. There is no such thing as an uncontrolled press, the question is 1) who controls it, and 2) how many different people are in control.

Our press is a free as it gets, it's just biased mostly in favor of one view.

You agree then that it isn't a free press?

Not really. To me press "freedom" is about government control, and if only one viewpoint is allowed via corporate ownership. We don't have that, so to me the American press is "free", but it is slanted toward one viewpoint.

A non "free" press would be persecuted by the government or by the controlling interests, and by persecuted, I don't mean made fun of, I mean offices shut down, feeds blocked, reporters arrested.

Not calling our press "free" plays into the hands of progressives.

CNN may be biased, but it isn't prevented from giving its own views, neither is FOX, Briebart, Occupy Democrats, Newsweek or other entities.

Sure, a non-free press would be persecuted by the government, but that isn't the only way the press can be chained. Reporters are not allowed to tell stories in an unbiased way. tjhey are not allowed to print stories that aren't approved by those who control them. It is not a free press in any real way.

If said reporters wanted to get a given story out and their superiors wanted the story quashed, they have a multitude of methods to get the story out anyway. The issue is the public's acceptance of sources outside the mainstream media. Luckily the public is more accepting of outside media sources, unluckily the public is more accepting of blatantly false outside media sources, and that is the conundrum.

People have gotten used to the idea that the press is a source of unbiased news, not opinion news. Even if this was never true, the press 40 years ago or even 20 years ago was less biased than it is now. What we are now seeing is the people realizing the press has a rooting interest, and the inevitable backlash.

So again, I do consider our press "free" due to lack of government interference. What I don't consider it is fair.

These protests are just another example of Obama's feckless foreign policy...it's like shinning a bright light on his total uselessness as the leader of the free world...I guess when he said he would lead from behind he was actually serious...

So now you're against protesters against the power elite?
Who do you think the colonists were against the British?
Read a freaking history book.
You don't even know what you are talking about...the people of Iran are fed up with the leadership in their nation...they need and deserve support even if only by words from the free world...something the Muslim and chief Obama was not able to bring himself to...

Millions are taking to the streets in Iran to protest against the current oppressive regime. Millions and billions (1.7 bil from Obama) continue to be funneled to Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations rather than back into the Iranian economy. The people are pissed.

MSM Reluctant to Report on Iran Protests Because a New Regime Would Release More Corrupt Obama Actions | My CMS

And by silent you mean I heard about it repeatedly on the radio this morning on my way to work.

And it is reported on the BBC, Washington Post, CNN, NY Times- virtually every main stream media- hell even Fox managed to report something other than Trump's tweets.

But hey- good job trying to start Fake News.

Millions are taking to the streets in Iran in protest to the current oppressive regime. Millions and billions (1.7 bil from Obama) continue to be funneled to Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations rather than back into the Iranian economy. The people are pissed.

MSM Reluctant to Report on Iran Protests Because a New Regime Would Release More Corrupt Obama Actions | My CMS
It's ALL over the news you pathetic liar.
I saw it on MSNBC and CNN.
Yeah, NOW. After they were called out for it.
You stupid shit. CNN was the first to cover it.
You're so moronic you make my head hurt.
Bullshit. CNN lies and deceives. However, I don't watch CNN. It's not real news.

So when CNN reported the protests in Iran- the protests weren't actually happening?

Iran protests: Several shot on Dorud, source says - CNN

Millions are taking to the streets in Iran to protest against the current oppressive regime. Millions and billions (1.7 bil from Obama) continue to be funneled to Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations rather than back into the Iranian economy. The people are pissed.

Why isn't our president doing anything about it?
Because you leftists will get your panties in a wad.

It isn't free because it is being controlled.

Everything is controlled to some extent. There is no such thing as an uncontrolled press, the question is 1) who controls it, and 2) how many different people are in control.

Not really. To me press "freedom" is about government control, and if only one viewpoint is allowed via corporate ownership. We don't have that, so to me the American press is "free", but it is slanted toward one viewpoint.

A non "free" press would be persecuted by the government or by the controlling interests, and by persecuted, I don't mean made fun of, I mean offices shut down, feeds blocked, reporters arrested.

CNN may be biased, but it isn't prevented from giving its own views, neither is FOX, Briebart, Occupy Democrats, Newsweek or other entities.

Sure, a non-free press would be persecuted by the government, but that isn't the only way the press can be chained. Reporters are not allowed to tell stories in an unbiased way. tjhey are not allowed to print stories that aren't approved by those who control them. It is not a free press in any real way.

If said reporters wanted to get a given story out and their superiors wanted the story quashed, they have a multitude of methods to get the story out anyway. The issue is the public's acceptance of sources outside the mainstream media. Luckily the public is more accepting of outside media sources, unluckily the public is more accepting of blatantly false outside media sources, and that is the conundrum.

People have gotten used to the idea that the press is a source of unbiased news, not opinion news. Even if this was never true, the press 40 years ago or even 20 years ago was less biased than it is now. What we are now seeing is the people realizing the press has a rooting interest, and the inevitable backlash.

So again, I do consider our press "free" due to lack of government interference. What I don't consider it is fair.

The said reporters wouldn't have a job. they won't do it. It's not a free press in any real way.

The said reporters wouldn't have a job. they won't do it. It's not a free press in any real way.

The problem is your concept of a 'free press" is similar to the Ideal Gas Law. great as a concept but wouldn't occur in the real world.

The problem is your concept of a 'free press" is similar to the Ideal Gas Law. great as a concept but wouldn't occur in the real world.

Not really, sorry. Mine applies and exists in the real world, yours is just well, a nice idea.

Why isn't our president doing anything about it?
Because you leftists will get your panties in a wad.

I just wonder why you Rightists are lying about the Media not reporting the protests?

Oh wait.....you are just following Trump's example.

Not really, sorry. Mine applies and exists in the real world, yours is just well, a nice idea.

Where is the press "free" by your definition?

No where, but it should be here and it isn’t.

Again, Ideal Gas Law.

Again, Ideal Gas Law.

Again, a false equivalency.

Again, Ideal Gas Law.

I don't think so. You are searching for an ideal that even you admit doesn't exist in the real world.

Again, Ideal Gas Law.

I don't think so. You are searching for an ideal that even you admit doesn't exist in the real world.

I’m not searching for anything. Just stating that our press is not free.

Again, Ideal Gas Law.

But you've already stated that no press is "free" by your definition, and have thus created an impossible situation.

Yeah those radical feminist b.........s haven't had a peep out of them over this one.
HYPOCRITES, LIARS, THIEVES, CHEATERS = Democratic Trendy Liberals =)

Again, Ideal Gas Law.

But you've already stated that no press is "free" by your definition, and have thus created an impossible situation.

I did not create anything. I’m simply describing what exists.

Millions are taking to the streets in Iran in protest to the current oppressive regime. Millions and billions (1.7 bil from Obama) continue to be funneled to Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations rather than back into the Iranian economy. The people are pissed.

Isn't that what you fools want for antifa?

Iran's alt-right cracked down on their liberals. A damn shame. Let's hope they stay strong.
Liar, Antifa isn't protesting for rights, they are a disruptive mob that tries to shut down rights just like you.

Forum List

Back