Lefties: How do you feel about Speaker Pelosi?

If you're a lefty, did speaker pelosi speak to your concerns?

• Total voters
When compared to Hastert and Boehner, Pelosi will be considered one of the finest speakers of this era

Except she's not far left.

thats a matter of opinion Sallow.....i think she is pretty far to the left.....its people like her that drove me out of the Democratic party in the early nineties.....

Of course it is..

But I base my parameters on the variables I've seen over most of the 50 years of my life. And what was considered far right some 30 years ago..now seems to the "center". The Birchers may have went on and on about how John F. Kennedy was a man beholdened to the Pope and a communist (A neat trick!) but no one took them seriously. Now President Obama is a foreign born/muslim/communist (A neat trick!) and mainstream serious contenders for the Presidency on the right are "parroting" the same view.

thats a matter of opinion Sallow.....i think she is pretty far to the left.....its people like her that drove me out of the Democratic party in the early nineties.....

Of course it is..

But I base my parameters on the variables I've seen over most of the 50 years of my life. And what was considered far right some 30 years ago..now seems to the "center". The Birchers may have went on and on about how John F. Kennedy was a man beholdened to the Pope and a communist (A neat trick!) but no one took them seriously. Now President Obama is a foreign born/muslim/communist (A neat trick!) and mainstream serious contenders for the Presidency on the right are "parroting" the same view.

They don't exactly parrot it, but they don't deny it either...

There are questions.....

Of course it is..

They don't exactly parrot it, but they don't deny it either...

There are questions.....

And that never happened while I was growing up. Sure there were batshit crazies like McCarthy around...but even "tailgunner" Joe's dog and pony show, bad as it was, had some basis in reality. Yeah..the United States was lousy with Soviet spys (Still is). Now it's just pure unadulterated fantasy.

I appalud her for governing. Protecting the status quo (Repubs) takes a lot of courage eh? :lol:

luko.jpg

She was and is a tough and successful legislator. Which is why she is so vehmently hated on the right.

I have to disagree with you. It has nothing to do with whether or not she is either tough or successful. It has everything to do with the stances she takes.

Edit: In other words, if she were a conservative things would be different.

Immie

Doubtful. If she gave in to the Republicans on every issue, they'd just move further to the right.

She had the line of the century regarding that piece of crap Obama health care nonsense.....

We need to pass it so we can see what's in it......Truer words were never spoken.
I bet to this day the President doesn't even know what it's all about.

She was and is a tough and successful legislator. Which is why she is so vehmently hated on the right.

I have to disagree with you. It has nothing to do with whether or not she is either tough or successful. It has everything to do with the stances she takes.

Immie

Doubtful. If she gave in to the Republicans on every issue, they'd just move further to the right.

What I meant was if she was a conservative, they would have adored her. It was her position on things that made her Public Enemy #1 - #15 as far as conservatives were concerned. And if she was conservative, the liberals would have despised her.

Immie

Immie

What I meant was if she was a conservative, they would have adored her. It was her position on things that made her Public Enemy #1 - #15 as far as conservatives were concerned. And if she was conservative, the liberals would have despised her.

Immie

So, if she were a Republican, Republicans would like her? Well, yeah, but that's totally missing the point.

Also, the attempt at false equivalence is BS and we don't even need to rely on hypotheticals. Boehner gets laughed at for his crying jags, but he's not subjected to half the level of bile from the left that Pelosi was from the right.

When compared to Hastert and Boehner, Pelosi will be considered one of the finest speakers of this era

sure by those who thought she was good speaker.....others?.....dont count on it....and since the Boner hasnt had time to fuck things up yet.....you cant consider him yet....remember....there are people around who think Bush is one of the finest Presidents of this Era also....

Pelosi always does what she needs to do, she's a rainmaker. The woman is dynamic and Republicans just hate her for it.

She was a great Speaker, a rose between two very stupid Republican thorns.

Of course it is..

you cant compare the politicians of 30 years ago with the shit we have now....no matter who was in charge back then ....you knew the Country was being taken care of....today....the Country is 3rd behind their own interests and the Parties.....

Immie

so lets just move further to the Left.....that will solve everything.....

Also, the attempt at false equivalence is BS and we don't even need to rely on hypotheticals. Boehner gets laughed at for his crying jags, but he's not subjected to half the level of bile from the left that Pelosi was from the right.

give the guy a chance.....his time is coming.....Pelosi had a few years to build up her wonderful reputation....

Pelosi always does what she needs to do, she's a rainmaker. The woman is dynamic and Republicans just hate her for it.

well i dont care for her but i have know about her since 1990......and no one hates her because she is Dynamic Sarah.....they dont care for her because of some of the assine things she has said and backed......Artie sumed her up very nicely.....

well i dont care for her but i have know about her since 1990......and no one hates her because she is Dynamic Sarah.....they dont care for her because of some of the assine things she has said and backed......Artie sumed her up very nicely.....

Artie?

She is taken out of context more than even Obama and he is taken out of context quite often. I'm not saying everytime, we all bungle what we try to convey from time to time but she is absolutely hated and bashed, unfairly a lot.

Artie?

She is taken out of context more than even Obama and he is taken out of context quite often. I'm not saying everytime, we all bungle what we try to convey from time to time but she is absolutely hated and bashed, unfairly a lot.

Artie=Articale 15.....

Forum List

Back