Left-wingers DEMAND ‘change the racist National Anthem!’

The problem is that now that it has been said it is the truth, no turning back. No convincing people that what they have been told is racist, really isn't. The left wing has repeated the BS long enough it is their truth and they never turn back. So once again the ignorant masses will inflicted their will onto the majority. So much for the majority rule that the left bitched about after the 2016 election.

The anthem is obviously racist, being it celebrates the murder of escaped slaves. I know stating that simple fact will trigger many of the snowflakes, but they need to dragged screaming into reality.

If they disagree, they should explain why celebrating the murder of escaped slaves isn't racist. But they won't. They'll just throw a snowflake tantrum.

You're referring to the third verse, right? Maybe you'd like to explain to the class just how it "celebrates the murder of escaped slaves"?

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I don't see it. Does anyone else see it?
The song was written by Frances Scott Key, who watched the attack from a British ship.
The ship was full of POW's.
Key was negotiating their release, and yes many of the POW's were hirelings or ex-slaves.
Sorry, but take this into context, not verbatim.

True. But many of those hirelings and slaves were fighting for the British, in exchange for a promise of freedom.

Post the words of the anthem to which they refer.

No problem. You see, being a liberal, I can always back up what I say. That's one thing that's so good about being a liberal. Being how our beliefs are always grounded in reality instead of emotion, we only need to point to reality to win.

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:"

That specifically celebrates the killing of escaped slaves who were fighting for the British.

It doesn't just mention it happened. It doesn't just say winning the war was good. None of that would be racist.

Instead, the anthem specifically mentions how fantastic it was that the escaped slaves all died in a state of terror. That's very pro-slavery and racist.

Again, if conservatives would like to argue that openly celebrating the killing of escaped slaves isn't racist, they're welcome to try. But none have attempted to do so. And they won't, because there's not a functional neuron or gonad to be found in all the conservatives on this thread combined. Instead, they'll all either remain in full denial, or they'll just keep helplessly rage-weeping at me. It seems I have triggered them with reality yet another time.

No problem. You see, being a liberal, I can always back up what I say. That's one thing that's so good about being a liberal. Being how our beliefs are always grounded in reality instead of emotion, we only need to point to reality to win.

That specifically celebrates the killing of escaped slaves who were fighting for the British.

It doesn't just mention it happened. It doesn't just say winning the war was good. None of that would be racist.

Instead, the anthem specifically mentions how fantastic it was that the escaped slaves all died in a state of terror. That's very pro-slavery and racist.

Again, if conservatives would like to argue that openly celebrating the killing of escaped slaves isn't racist, they're welcome to try. But none have attempted to do so. And they won't, because there's not a functional neuron or gonad to be found in all the conservatives on this thread combined. Instead, they'll all either remain in full denial, or they'll just keep helplessly rage-weeping at me. It seems I have triggered them with reality yet another time.

Read and learn:

Is ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ Racist?

'Star-Spangled Banner' critics miss the point - CNN

The anthem is obviously racist, being it celebrates the murder of escaped slaves. I know stating that simple fact will trigger many of the snowflakes, but they need to dragged screaming into reality.

If they disagree, they should explain why celebrating the murder of escaped slaves isn't racist. But they won't. They'll just throw a snowflake tantrum.
Incorrect. The anthem lyrics (3rd verse) is not racist. It is anti-Rebellion; directed against slaves who formed a Freedman's Force to fight for the British.

Besides... (a) we're looking at an early 19th Century lyric with early 21st Century filters, and (b) nobody knows or sings the third verse, anyway.

Your lack of knowledge about your own country's history is appalling. The "hireling” refers to the British use of Mercenaries (German Hessians) during the American War of Independence. The British also used hirelings during the War of 1812, both Indians and French. And the word "slave” is a direct reference to the British practice of Impressment, which was kidnapping American seamen and forcing them into service on British man-of war ships. This was one of the reasons we had the the War of 1812 in the first place.

Even Snopes says:

"In fairness, it has also been argued that Key may have intended the phrase as a reference to the British Navy’s practice of impressment (kidnapping sailors and forcing them to fight in defense of the crown), or as a semi-metaphorical slap at the British invading force as a whole (which included a large number of mercenaries), though the latter line of thinking suggests an even stronger alternative theory — namely, that the word “hirelings” refers literally to mercenaries, and “slaves” refers literally to slaves. It doesn’t appear that Francis Scott Key ever specified what he did mean by the phrase, nor does its context point to a single, definitive interpretation."

'The Star-Spangled Banner' and Slavery

So yourself a favor, ok? Quit blindly parroting stuff you read on left-wing blogs. It really makes you sound like an idiot, and that's not very becoming.

Last edited:
Incorrect. The anthem lyrics (3rd verse) is not racist. It is anti-Rebellion; directed against slaves who formed a Freedman's Force to fight for the British.

Yes, it's dissing blacks who dared fight for their freedom. Racist. That Freedman's Force was beating white troops. That threatened the idea that blacks were inferior, so the final defeat of that force was something to be celebrated by the ones who thought blacks were inferior.

As far as "hireling and slave" just referring to British troops in general, that's fantasy from history-revising cult stooges like JGalt. A few weeks prior, Key was personally in combat with those ex-slaves, and his unit was routed by them. He knew exactly who he was writing about -- the ex-slaves who whupped him. It was very personal for him.

I don't think so. Can't get much liberal and anti racist than Hendrix. Ain't gonna happen, so relax kids.

Last edited:

How is it racist to celebrate the death of those who fought for the enemy?

Yes, it's dissing blacks who dared fight for their freedom. Racist. That Freedman's Force was beating white troops. That threatened the idea that blacks were inferior, so the final defeat of that force was something to be celebrated by the ones who thought blacks were inferior.

As far as "hireling and slave" just referring to British troops in general, that's fantasy from history-revising cult stooges like JGalt. A few weeks prior, Key was personally in combat with those ex-slaves, and his unit was routed by them. He knew exactly who he was writing about -- the ex-slaves who whupped him. It was very personal for him.

How is it racist to celebrate the death of those who fought for the enemy?

You nailed it. I celebrate every time I hear about the death of some shithead who leaves here and goes to fight for ISIS.

Fuck 'em.

Yes, it's dissing blacks who dared fight for their freedom. Racist. That Freedman's Force was beating white troops.

Even if the British had won the War of 1812, the Freedman's Force would probably have been slaves. The Parliament of the United Kingdom didn't abolish slavery throughout the British Empire until the Slavery Abolition Act 1833.

Would you really trust your enemy if he offered you something in return for going to war with your own country?

Even if the British had won the War of 1812, the Freedman's Force would probably have been slaves. The Parliament of the United Kingdom didn't abolish slavery throughout the British Empire until the Slavery Abolition Act 1833.
After the war, the USA demanded their "property" back.

The British refused and said the Freedmen were free. Most of the Freedmen were settled in Trinidad, while others remained in the British military.

But then, that's just history, so you can't be expected to know it. After all, you have conspiracy blogs to inform you about how history is all fake news and a liberal plot.

After the war, the USA demanded their "property" back.

The British refused and said the Freedmen were free. Most of the Freedmen were settled in Trinidad, while others remained in the British military.

But then, that's just history, so you can't be expected to know it. After all, you have conspiracy blogs to inform you about how history is all fake news and a liberal plot.

Living in Trinidad or being in the British military during that time, isn't exactly what I'd call being "free".

Trust me on this. And did I quote some right-wing "conspiracy blog"? No, I gave you a link to Snopes which could hardly be construed as "right-wing".

You're referring to the third verse, right? Maybe you'd like to explain to the class just how it "celebrates the murder of escaped slaves"?

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I don't see it. Does anyone else see it?
The song was written by Frances Scott Key, who watched the attack from a British ship.
The ship was full of POW's.
Key was negotiating their release, and yes many of the POW's were hirelings or ex-slaves.
Sorry, but take this into context, not verbatim.

True. But many of those hirelings and slaves were fighting for the British, in exchange for a promise of freedom.
If they were fighting FOR the British, they would not have been POW's.

I think we all know that, for generation after generation, proud Americans have stood for, and sung, our National Anthem as a way to express, as a group, how much we truly hate black people.

34434d6c14b1560483e56c5b8be4ae3a.jpg

Yes, it's dissing blacks who dared fight for their freedom...
Siding with a foreign power which did not outlaw slavery itself until 1833... two decades after their treason? ... yeah... sure... pull the other one.

...Racist...
Yep... I'm a racist... so are you... so is every human being on the face of the planet... it's what we DO with those racist impulses that defines us, tough guy.

...That Freedman's Force was beating white troops. That threatened the idea that blacks were inferior, so the final defeat of that force was something to be celebrated by the ones who thought blacks were inferior...
Tee-hee... read-up on the history of the British Colonial Marine Corp...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corps_of_Colonial_Marines

More like an under-strength battalion that was more "along for the ride" at three or four engagements rather than playing a pivotal role.

Even their British masters kept them in separate forts and garrisons and shipped 'em off to Bermuda and the Bahamas and other British colonial serfdoms afterwards.

...As far as "hireling and slave" just referring to British troops in general, that's fantasy from history-revising cult stooges like JGalt. A few weeks prior, Key was personally in combat with those ex-slaves, and his unit was routed by them. He knew exactly who he was writing about -- the ex-slaves who whupped him. It was very personal for him.
Gotta love this "black troops were better than white troops" and "de Tubob was a'feared uv dem above all de rest" Black History Fantasy mindset.

Traitors - black and white - ex-slaves and mercs - all got lambasted in those lyrics - your British-Loving Sheep didn't know any better - and they only got a passing mention.

They were low-end Auxiliaries... considered unreliable and unworthy to garrison in the same camps with Decent British White Folk.

Man-oh-man, did they get suckered by the Brits, who walked away laughing, after tossing them into a couple of meat-grinders in a low-risk, auxiliary fashion.

Freedom fighters? <snicker>

"There's a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum.

================================================================

In truth, the British Black Colonial Marines traded one set of masters for another set, and fought against the United States, for which they deserve scorn.

Then again, few people even realize that a second or third verse of the lyrics of the National Anthem even exists, and nobody ever - ever - sings those.

MEH... no big deal... if a certain gaggle of folk don't like the lyrics, phukk 'em.

I'm really getting sick and tired of these America-hating pieces of shit!

Me too. Speaking of American hating pieces of shit. In the link you posted, those assholes are advertising to destroy a American Politician right on their landing page.

I'm outraged by you anti-free speech anti first-amendment fascist.

Forum List

Back