Left winger crying on twitter . Why is my paycheck smaller

You think it would have stopped either way? NO and besides, Romney wouldnt be Prez now anyways

I don't get all the hulabaloo over the payroll tax increase. It was a temporary measure from the get go, everyone knew that, and it was set to expire regardless. It isn't a 'tax hike'; the taxes are just reverting back to what they were two years ago. I also seem to remember that when the 'tax holiday' was first enacted many, many people were bitching and moaning that is was a small break that wouldn't make much of a difference. But suddenly ... now it does?

I don't get all the hulabaloo over the payroll tax increase. It was a temporary measure from the get go, everyone knew that, and it was set to expire regardless. It isn't a 'tax hike'; the taxes are just reverting back to what they were two years ago. I also seem to remember that when the 'tax holiday' was first enacted many, many people were bitching and moaning that is was a small break that wouldn't make much of a difference. But suddenly ... now it does?

if it was a "tax cut" two years ago then it's a
"tax hike" now. Very simple.

if it was a "tax cut" two years ago then it's a
"tax hike" now. Very simple.

how can it be a hike on 47% of people who don't pay anything?

It was a tax holiday -- a temporary break from the tax, rather than a cut which implies more permanence, like the Bush tax cuts.

It was a temporary thing from the get go and it makes the right look dopey when they run around all claiming otherwise.

It was a tax holiday -- a temporary break from the tax, rather than a cut which implies more permanence, like the Bush tax cuts.

It was a temporary thing from the get go and it makes the right look dopey when they run around all claiming otherwise.
Bush's "cuts" were also supposed to be temporary.

Bush's "cuts" were also supposed to be temporary.

Yes, they were.

The payroll tax holiday was never meant to be permanent either.

Of course you're correct.

I think though that loads of folks who voted for Barry were thinking only the "evil rich" would see any increase in their taxes.

I'm pretty sure many of them never considered that their tax break would expire at the same time. Now they know so I'm sure many of them will be crying in their beer. Or not depending on their finacial situation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back