Left-Wing Teacher gets suspended, Some Students protest...

I'm just curious...if this teacher had gone on a right-wing rant, criticizing people who oppose the war, using the words of people like Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh who say opposition to the war is "treason" would you be saying the same thing?

This teacher should not have gone on such a long rant, but who is to say the student didn't stop taping when he began to present the other side?

acludem

insein said:
He makes a very persuasive lefty argument that an uninformed 16 year old really has no means to give recourse to it. You can only really take him at his word unless you have all the facts about Cuba, NAtive Americans, Israel and the middle east at your finger tips. Otherwise his arguments sound like facts.

That's exactly why the liberal teacher in NJ came up with the idea of having a "trial" to impeach President Bush for war crimes. He knows that his students are not informed on political subjects to the extent that would be needed to take on a "project" like this, so that's a big advantage for him. When the students ask for guidance/assistance in doing their "research", what sources do you think their "advisers" will provide them to obtain the "facts"? Number 1 would be the NYT, number 2 would be the WaPo...you get my drift.

acludem said:
I'm just curious...if this teacher had gone on a right-wing rant, criticizing people who oppose the war, using the words of people like Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh who say opposition to the war is "treason" would you be saying the same thing?

This teacher should not have gone on such a long rant, but who is to say the student didn't stop taping when he began to present the other side?

acludem

as if.

The student says.

acludem said:

acludem

Yes. Basically its a violation of the trust that parents have for teachers. They trust teachers to provide students with information. If a teacher starts spouting off with talking points and half truths then the students have no reason not to believe them because the teachers are in charge and the students are ignorant to the truth. Thats why they goto school, to learn.

Someone like this is teaching children that the country they grew up in is responsible for all the troubles in the world and that they should be ashamed of where they live is completely irresponsible. It'd be the same as someone saying that America has never done a bad thing ever in the history of the world and that all the other countries in the world should bow down to are Imperialistic rule.

As for the student stopping the tape, no he was ending the class. He was handing out the homework assignments.

Adam's Apple said:
That's exactly why the liberal teacher in NJ came up with the idea of having a "trial" to impeach President Bush for war crimes. He knows that his students are not informed on political subjects to the extent that would be needed to take on a "project" like this, so that's a big advantage for him. When the students ask for guidance/assistance in doing their "research", what sources do you think their "advisers" will provide them to obtain the "facts"? Number 1 would be the NYT, number 2 would be the WaPo...you get my drift.

Right idea, wrong subject matter. Holding a trial for a sitting president or even a living president is irresponsible for young impressionable minds. Hold a trial on Andrew Johnson or another president that had documented controversial presidencies. This President has never been convicted by any tribunal domestic or foreign and to hold a mock one is irresponsible.

insein said:
Right idea, wrong subject matter. Holding a trial for a sitting president or even a living president is irresponsible for young impressionable minds. Hold a trial on Andrew Johnson or another president that had documented controversial presidencies. This President has never been convicted by any tribunal domestic or foreign and to hold a mock one is irresponsible.
;) That's what I said at the beginning of this thread.

insein said:
Right idea, wrong subject matter.

As far as I am concerned, it is the wrong idea as well as the wrong subject matter. I prefer to focus on what motivated this teacher to come up with his idea in the first place. Agenda, agenda, agenda......

Adam's Apple said:
As far as I am concerned, it is the wrong idea as well as the wrong subject matter. I prefer to focus on what motivated this teacher to come up with his idea in the first place. Agenda, agenda, agenda......

The job of a teacher is to get kids to think and learn. If they are taking it from a perspective of arguing both sides then the kids can learn. I dont think choosing living people especially sitting presidents is appropriate to kids though.

acludem said:

acludem

First off, if there was another side, the other students will back the teacher and all will be part of acedemic history. We will find out after the investigation.

Second, if a teacher was to claim the war as a great thing, and criticize people, in front of the class, the same type of class such as this one,, then I would have to say yes. That asshole should get fired too. Certain levels of politics and polarization isn't needed at such a young age.

I have a young relative who listens to his welfare receiving mother. He hates Bush. The kid is entitled to a opinion when he gets off his ass and starts paying the bills for himself. But, anything good Bush has done goes uncredited.

If you don't like Rush, turn your radio off. I do 98% of the time when I hear him.. You should realize, in case you havent, I like to read my own stuff. I kind of think I know what is right for this country, and have little regard for most other points of view.. That being said, you should also realize that I, even though I am a Republican, and WILL NEVER EVER BE A DEMOCRAT AGAIN, I am not at all happy with the way this country is being run.

KATRINA VICTIMS?? These people chose to live in an area below sea level.. Tough shit. Nature happens.

WMDs in Iraq?? Seems like that dipshit Sadam was teasing the US government by moving his toys around.. Whether or not our satilites can read a stamp, but not track the tractor trailors that moved the weapons has got me currious. Personally, I would rather Bush had waited for more evidence.

Port sale to Dubai, no big deal. The Chinks own some too and I certainly don't trust them. Wal-Mart and Home Depot SUCK too!!

Cutting back the Military? Need Democrats to vote for this and make it happen.. I would not endorse cheating the military's enlisted men and women. A curse on those that do.

The bottom line buddy, both parties suck... WE NEED ANOTHER CHOICE!!

BUT I ALMOST FORGOT something.. Ann Coultier,, she is hot and would love to spend a weekend, or two with her,,,, but,, since you brought her up....

She paid a visit to some dipshit University in CT,, UCONN I guess.. There, she was subjected to hostile remarks and behavior by the left wing students. Those who wanted to hear her speak were denied the opportunity by a bunch of young skin pole sucking pisspots. No my friend,, there is censorship that I will not tolerate. All those little bastards should have been expelled for thier behavior.. First amendment rights??? Only when they have somebody they want to hear, Cindy Sheehan, did they behave themselves and allow the speaker to go un harrassed.

Had the students allowed her to speak, then challenged her afterwords either with questions, or peacefull retreat, would I endorse their rights to their point of view.

insein said:
The job of a teacher is to get kids to think and learn. If they are taking it from a perspective of arguing both sides then the kids can learn. I dont think choosing living people especially sitting presidents is appropriate to kids though.

Insein, you have more faith in left-wing teachers than I do. I am fully aware of what a teacher's job/responsibility should be, but if you want to believe this was dreamed up as an objective project that would result with a fair-and-balanced presentation for the students, be my guest. I have no problem with that. I just don't see it that way.

Adam's Apple said:
Insein, you have more faith in left-wing teachers than I do. I am fully aware of what a teacher's job/responsibility should be, but if you want to believe this was dreamed up as an objective project that would result with a fair-and-balanced presentation for the students, be my guest. I have no problem with that. I just don't see it that way.

ITs not that i have faith in them. I know what they are up to. Ive heard it all for 15 years. They want to get you to think a certain way. Their way.

This guy obviously masked his bush-bashing as a "fair and balanced" project which was transparent to anyone with a brain. All im saying is that had he chosen a subject from history, then it would have been more believable and actually might have been educational if done the right way. I wouldnt expect it to be done that way but the idea remains a decent one.

Forum List

Back