Left-wing talk radio is crashing and burning in the Pacific-Northwest!!!

Ohhhhh, and I thought there was a "liberal mainstream media" running everything. :confused:

This is what the right wing everywhere is told. And of course they believe it. Clear Channel pulled the plug on KPOJ after the election and they're going after other areas like Seattle.

Ohhhhh, and I thought there was a "liberal mainstream media" running everything. :confused:

It's amazing how we can't keep a radio station on the air....

The reason Left-wing radio almost always fails is because of a simple fact; they are bound by the truth whereas many conservative talk show hosts feel no obligation to be truthful.

I just started listening to music in my RX7 again after a week or two of listening to the blowhards on the right in talk radio. There may be hope for the Dems in 2016. Obama fatigue will be on the ballot just as white guilt was in 2008. So the GOP should have an advantage that it didn't have this last time. However, it's clear by listening to Neal Boortz (I had to Google him to see how to spell his name), Mark Levine, and this guy Dennis Praker (sp?) that the GOP is still in self-denial about why they lost.

Simply put; people don't like them. In general....

Hispanics don't like them
Women who think for themselves don't like them
Single Men don't like them
Blacks don't like them
The working poor don't like them
Labor doesn't like them

When you go out of your way to alienate 6 large voting blocks, in poker terms you're "drawing dead" as I've recently learned from the start of our Sunday evening games. Apparently these three gentlemen are of the opinion that if they dial up the belligerence they will come around.

Uh...no.

they are bound by the truth:lol:

It's amazing how we can't keep a radio station on the air....

The reason Left-wing radio almost always fails is because of a simple fact; they are bound by the truth whereas many conservative talk show hosts feel no obligation to be truthful.

I just started listening to music in my RX7 again after a week or two of listening to the blowhards on the right in talk radio. There may be hope for the Dems in 2016. Obama fatigue will be on the ballot just as white guilt was in 2008. So the GOP should have an advantage that it didn't have this last time. However, it's clear by listening to Neal Boortz (I had to Google him to see how to spell his name), Mark Levine, and this guy Dennis Praker (sp?) that the GOP is still in self-denial about why they lost.

Simply put; people don't like them. In general....

Hispanics don't like them
Women who think for themselves don't like them
Single Men don't like them
Blacks don't like them
The working poor don't like them
Labor doesn't like them

When you go out of your way to alienate 6 large voting blocks, in poker terms you're "drawing dead" as I've recently learned from the start of our Sunday evening games. Apparently these three gentlemen are of the opinion that if they dial up the belligerence they will come around.

Uh...no.

they are bound by the truth:lol:

They can read and believe polling data. Most Conservative talk show hosts either cannot read or simply were lying to their listeners. As the scoreboard indicates....it is the truth.

Pick your poison.

Surprisingly, leftist talk radio could be on its way out in out of all cities, Portand, Oregon and Seattle, Washington. It looks like left-wing poltics could be on a very rapid decline. Not good news for lefties, especially considering these two cities.

Inside Radio, The Most Trusted News in Radio

Maybe leftists just don't like being told what to think, while rightists need their daily marching orders. We see it on the board as the same things get said over and over again in the same way. Someone new comes to the board and they spout off some drivel, like it's a revelation we've never heard before, when in actuality we've heard it hundreds of times.
Funny, since I've never seen an original thought from you. :lol:

Except that Dems won the Senate and the presidency.

And 50,000 Latinos are turning 18 every month.

.....Not-to-mention the Fact, we're ALL LITERATE....as-opposed-to the average FAUX Noise/Porky Limbaugh fan.
images

yes well we do not rely on shock jockies to deliver our 'news' and opinions to us.

unlike the limbaugh/beck bottom feeders we actually can read the news and form our own opinion on it.

Liberals fail on the radio because they can't keep supporters by continually needing to bring up Bush and Cheney when Bush and Cheney aren't on the national scene anymore.

They fail because they can't do 1-2 hours on the radio defending their idiots in DC. They can't lie for 1-2 hours straight without sounding repetitive to listeners.

They also fail because they typically won't take on callers that question their idiotic claims. No callers = no or less listeners and sponsors know that FACT.

Right wingers dominate AM talk radio because they use FACTS in their shows and even allow liberal kooks like found here to call their shows to make an ass of themselves. Rush uses parody to belittle liberals. Medved his Yale educated mind to twist liberal callers into a knot. Levin his legal knowledge to point out Obamination is a criminal and moron of the law.

Last edited:
yes well we do not rely on shock jockies to deliver our 'news' and opinions to us.

unlike the limbaugh/beck bottom feeders we actually can read the news and form our own opinion on it.

but you all can parrot the same old crap over and over and over and over and over and over and blaa blaa blaa

just like left wing radio

but you all can parrot the same old crap over and over and over and over and over and over and blaa blaa blaa

just like left wing radio
No, really, they're all independent thinkers who just happen to arrive at the same conclusions at the same time. Coincidence. Honest.

and thats not good for little whiny white people like you.....where are you going to go when they make the Democratic Party reflect what they want and start treating you like you treated them....where you going to run to Chris?....

Surprisingly, leftist talk radio could be on its way out in out of all cities, Portand, Oregon and Seattle, Washington. It looks like left-wing poltics could be on a very rapid decline. Not good news for lefties, especially considering these two cities.

Maybe leftists just don't like being told what to think, while rightists need their daily marching orders. We see it on the board as the same things get said over and over again in the same way. Someone new comes to the board and they spout off some drivel, like it's a revelation we've never heard before, when in actuality we've heard it hundreds of times.

so are you saying some of the Lefties here dont repeat the same shit over and over?......only righties do?....

so are you saying some of the Lefties here dont repeat the same shit over and over?......only righties do?....

Yup, no one has a monopoly on that...

The right wing thinks because millions listen to Fox, everyone must be listening to Fox. Try to explain that the Democratic Party is a coalition and that is reflected in their listening habits and right wing eyes glaze over and they insist you aren't making any sense.

Doesn't surpise me.

The same commercial model that works so well with the right winger types simply does NOT work with the leftie types.

NPR radio probably has a LOT to do with that.

AS do not for profit COMMUNITY radio stations which tend to lean to the left.

Lefties just do not seem to listen to commercial radio talk shows regardless of whether they are leaning left or right.

and yet so many posts here about what the Righty talkers are saying comes from Lefties here.......Ed the Cynic does nothing but Quote Rush.....never a Lefty.....even though he claims....he dont listen....yea i believe that....maybe left wing Radio....is Boring.....outside of Ed Shultz i found it that way....Air America sucked.....

Forum List

Back