Left wing rep

It's because the left is incapable of independent thought. They all get the same talking points so they are in lock step. Of course they rep each other. Any independent thinking Conservative would rep himself (rightly so) if he were allowed to.

I rep a lot of right wingers, and I get a lot of right wing rep. ;)

Why do right wingers always make a big deal about this? Do they want to spread the wealth? Sounds like it to me.

Me thinks Allie is a bigger rep whore than Modbert. :D

Well, I'm happy for Allie. Least one of us is getting some. :lol:

You what I noticed? I started getting some in real life, and I started getting less rep.
I wonder if it is connected????

If you're getting some, you're likely not posting as much. Fewer post to rep? Women tend to offer up better post when they're bitchy. Could it be that all that luvin' has killed your mojo?

It's because the left is incapable of independent thought. They all get the same talking points so they are in lock step. Of course they rep each other. Any independent thinking Conservative would rep himself (rightly so) if he were allowed to.
How true.

I try to rep myself regularly. So far, no peanut.

Well, I'm happy for Allie. Least one of us is getting some. :lol:

You what I noticed? I started getting some in real life, and I started getting less rep.

If you're getting some, you're likely not posting as much. Fewer post to rep? Women tend to offer up better post when they're bitchy. Could it be that all that luvin' has killed your mojo?

I guess that is the price you have to pay.

Get laid or have mojo on a MB?:dunno:

How true.

If you bring me popcorn, I will rep you.

I really want some popcorn right now. My friend talked about movie theater popcorn last night, and it is all I can think about now.

I guess that is the price you have to pay.

Get laid or have mojo on a MB?:dunno:
Hell I'll sacrifice some mojo too. Can't blame you at all.

How true.

If you bring me popcorn, I will rep you.

I really want some popcorn right now. My friend talked about movie theater popcorn last night, and it is all I can think about now.

Pop corn? Gees you're easy. What does a guy get for dinner and a movie?

Ironic thread.

Why Can't The So-Called... 04-07-2011 07:25 AM AllieBaba Quit trolling.

Im not left, right, in, out, up, down. Im centrist. But because I disagreed with your mindset, you negd me. Whats that say about you, dear?

And furthermore....I STILL think the highschool mentality of repping is stupid. I rep those that make valid points that I agree with (aka nodding my head at what I just read that they posted). I rarely neg. Very rarely. Even if I dislike someone and they make a great post, Ill rep them with a greenie. As far as Im concerned, repping is just a game. So..Im playing the game since it seems to be the "in thing" to do at this particular message board.

My impression is that the majority of posts by those with the higher reps are mostly friendly banter. Of course, they do participate in more serious discussions, but for the most part, they seem to enjoy the lighter side of the board. Sorta a zen thing. They just enjoy the good parts of the board when they happen more than others with not as much rep.

Not saying Allie doesn't do the same, but maybe not as often. Just a guess on my part, though, so not worth much of anything. I mean no criticism nor praise for any poster based on this observation of mine.

It just is.

Ah-ohmmmmmmmmmm.

And furthermore....I STILL think the highschool mentality of repping is stupid. I rep those that make valid points that I agree with (aka nodding my head at what I just read that they posted). I rarely neg. Very rarely. Even if I dislike someone and they make a great post, Ill rep them with a greenie. As far as Im concerned, repping is just a game. So..Im playing the game since it seems to be the "in thing" to do at this particular message board.

I used to ignore the rep system too...but I got tired of being continually negged by assholes when I made a point. And eventually it became fun.

Does anybody besides me wonder how left wing wackos climb so quickly when it comes to rep?

I don't really wonder. It's because the left is innately crooked, and abuses the rep system.

It isn't because they are smarter, or more correct, or just better.

It's because they're dishonest.

I'll have you know I earned every rep point I have...despite concentrated neg-repping by left wing assholes and lukewarm repping by right wing assholes. I have never participated in private message rep whoring, nor have I ever encouraged rep circle jerks by those who are on my side ideologically.

I don't know, but I certainly don't care. It's just a pixilated response in a virtual world.

But I have noticed a trend in awarding reputation points that does have baring in the real world.

Firstly, I don't rep. Never have, never will. If I see a valid point made or an observation I agree with that I feel warrants positive recognition, I'll send a congratulatory message. If I recieve negative rep, I simply ignore it.

Anyway...

On occasion I've posted a reply that has resulted in me being awarded positive reputation points from someone who would normally agree or side with with the comment/commentator that I disagreed with. For instance, the other day I posted a reply on the subject of Bristol Palin's new contractual advocacy of sexual abstinance. As a result my reply I was awarded positive reputation points from a left-winger that was accompanied by a message declaring that they agreed with what I'd posted and that they disagreed with who I was replying to, who (coincidentally?) was a left-winger, too. My reply went against the grain of, and in general would have gone against the principles by which they both share. This inconsistency from their mutual norm exposed another glaring crack in the left-wing ideologue. This positive repper was basically wholely agreeing with what was a fundamental principle of conservatism, conservatism being more in tune with instinct than the supposedly fashionable social utopia of the left-wing. Basically, this confirmed, to me, anyway, that the liberal message is a fraud. Always has been, always will be and when it comes down to the bare necessities, will always disappoint. Whether or not the deviator from the norm usually agrees with their 'comrade' is because they feel they're too intellectually inadequate to confront what, on this occasion, they felt was wrong, but normally choose not to speak up for fear of being patronized by their more capable ally, or, as Si modo has already noted, they don't normally care, is, without further research, unknown to me.

Personally, I regard myself as capable and honest enough to voice my opposition to my fellow right-wingers in public, and not speak behind my hand via a positive rep and accompanying message that confirms my disagreement.

Forgive my long-winded reply, Allie/USMB, but I felt I had to highlight a trend that I've noticed among the left-wing of this board. In that they can only disassociate themselves from what is essentially ideological bullshit and be true to themselves for once by going behind their political allies' backs.

Forum List

Back