Left wing racists force white owners of restaurant to close...because they cook Mexican food....

Looks like the market has spoken.

Isn't that capitalism?

Ayup! And the market can be fickle.

Maybe the OP is suggesting we pass a law preventing the SJWs from talking to people.

And is it wrong for us to take issue over the reasons these SJWs decided that it's wrong for whites to make burritos? Is it wrong to think the ousting of Eich (Firefox) because of his position on gay marriage, was totally inappropriate?

No, not at all.

Sure there was no "force" or "policy", that ran these girls out of business...the real issue is SJWs squashing diversity, "Mexicans can only make burritos." Wanting to shut down other people's voice, business, whatever, when we should be voting and promoting freedom. THIS IS NOT FREEDOM, SJWs do NOT want nor BELIEVE in actual freedom. Not of speech, or conscious, beliefs, or religion.

40% of Millennials OK with limiting speech offensive to minorities

Poll: 51% of Democrats support criminalizing hate speech - Hot Air

LOOK at these articles, this is a very bad direction we are taking. Also ask yourself, what constitutes hate speech these days? The term hate speech has gotten immensely broader. This is the issue we are taking up with the social justice warriors in this situation. The fact that they do not believe in basic freedoms, to the point where they believe MAKING FOOD IS STRICTLY BASED ON SKIN COLOR!!!! This is straight up RACIST!! And these people are voting to have this agenda done. Get your head out of the sand and recognize this problem, we should together (left and right) shame these reincarnated puritans the same way they shamed these white girls out of business, something that they probably made a big financial risk to undertake and now are SOL. These SJWs are our new puritans.

"THIS IS NOT FREEDOM, SJWs do NOT want nor BELIEVE in actual freedom. Not of speech, or conscious, beliefs, or religion."

I have to agree with the last part. Most of the lefties I talk to either don't understand freedom, or fear it. But the same goes for most conservatives I talk to. And FREEDOM is exactly what this is. You have every right to complain about it, but no one's freedom is being violated.

Well I think there is a case for liable & slander, and in that case, yes freedoms were violated. Being a con artist is punishable since you are technically stealing from people, which is infringing on their property rights, there is no 1st amendment protecting people who use the first to infringe on others rights. Is it wrong to make and sell Mexican food as a non-Mexican? No not at all. Is it wrong to cause harm to defame a business who does so in order to effect their lively Hood, yes it is wrong. This does not make it wrong to be against non Mexicans making Mexican food, but when you take it to the level of publicly trying to shut down someone else's business...I think that's moving into slander and liable.

The word is "libel", not "liable".

Isn't that capitalism?

Maybe the OP is suggesting we pass a law preventing the SJWs from talking to people.

And is it wrong for us to take issue over the reasons these SJWs decided that it's wrong for whites to make burritos? Is it wrong to think the ousting of Eich (Firefox) because of his position on gay marriage, was totally inappropriate?

No, not at all.

Sure there was no "force" or "policy", that ran these girls out of business...the real issue is SJWs squashing diversity, "Mexicans can only make burritos." Wanting to shut down other people's voice, business, whatever, when we should be voting and promoting freedom. THIS IS NOT FREEDOM, SJWs do NOT want nor BELIEVE in actual freedom. Not of speech, or conscious, beliefs, or religion.

LOOK at these articles, this is a very bad direction we are taking. Also ask yourself, what constitutes hate speech these days? The term hate speech has gotten immensely broader. This is the issue we are taking up with the social justice warriors in this situation. The fact that they do not believe in basic freedoms, to the point where they believe MAKING FOOD IS STRICTLY BASED ON SKIN COLOR!!!! This is straight up RACIST!! And these people are voting to have this agenda done. Get your head out of the sand and recognize this problem, we should together (left and right) shame these reincarnated puritans the same way they shamed these white girls out of business, something that they probably made a big financial risk to undertake and now are SOL. These SJWs are our new puritans.

"THIS IS NOT FREEDOM, SJWs do NOT want nor BELIEVE in actual freedom. Not of speech, or conscious, beliefs, or religion."

I have to agree with the last part. Most of the lefties I talk to either don't understand freedom, or fear it. But the same goes for most conservatives I talk to. And FREEDOM is exactly what this is. You have every right to complain about it, but no one's freedom is being violated.

Well I think there is a case for liable & slander, and in that case, yes freedoms were violated. Being a con artist is punishable since you are technically stealing from people, which is infringing on their property rights, there is no 1st amendment protecting people who use the first to infringe on others rights. Is it wrong to make and sell Mexican food as a non-Mexican? No not at all. Is it wrong to cause harm to defame a business who does so in order to effect their lively Hood, yes it is wrong. This does not make it wrong to be against non Mexicans making Mexican food, but when you take it to the level of publicly trying to shut down someone else's business...I think that's moving into slander and liable.

The word is "libel", not "liable".
iPhone thought better.

Isn't that capitalism?

No, not at all.

How were they defamed?

Who defamed them?

Describe this "case" you see.

Isn't that capitalism?

No, not at all.

No slander or libel that I see. Just overly sensitive people whining.

Portland burrito shop forced to close amid accusations of cultural appropriation, stealing recipes

Just one week after Kooks Burritos in Portland, Ore., was featured in a profile for local publication Willamette Week, the pop-up Mexican food cart has closed down amid accusations that they ripped off their recipes.

Kali Wilgus and Liz “LC” Connelly, the two white women who started Kooks earlier this year, have been accused of stealing their techniques from the “tortilla ladies” of Puerto Nuevo, Mexico — because Connelly told Willamette Week that they gathered their recipes and tortilla-making processes during a holiday road-trip to the Baja California village.

"I picked the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever, and they showed me a little of what they did," she told the site. "They told us the basic ingredients, and we saw them moving and stretching the dough similar to how pizza makers do before rolling it out with rolling pins.”

In the profile, which first ran May 16, Connelly also claimed that, when the Mexican cooks wouldn’t give up their trade secrets, she and Wilgus “were peeking into the windows of every kitchen, totally fascinated by how easy they made it look.”

Connelly then said she used a trial-and-error process to recreate a tortilla with the same flavor and texture after returning to Portland. She and Wilgus then opened their weekend pop-up inside a taco truck on SE Cesar Estrada Chavez Boulevard, and began serving their Mexican-style tortillas filled with California-inspired ingredients.

Though the eatery had been open for several months, the owners of Kooks were only recently accused of cultural appropriation by The Portland Mercury and Mic.com based on Connelly’s revelations.

"Because of Portland’s underlying racism, the people who rightly own these traditions and cultures that exist are already treated poorly," The Portland Mercury said, calling the closure of Kooks a "victory."

The article continues,"These appropriating businesses are erasing and exploiting their already marginalized identities for the purpose of profit and praise."...

"Stealing recipes"? Lmao, as if it's so hard to put meat, cheese, beans, cilantro, and salsa in a tortilla.

I guess liberals have to stop eating at Taco Bell, Del Taco, Chipotle, etc. due to cultural appropriation as well.

Yeah, I was reading about this bullshit. Pretty much clears it all up, unless you are ethnically, nationally, or related by birth or heredity to a tradition, you'd better forgo cooking that type of food. Or that type of costume or other manner of dress or observation of customary cultural observances. So much for a multicultural melting pot. Why don't we just fence off and label reservations allowing only those of certain characteristics to enter and live there?
Fucking libtard (SJW) assholes need to get fucking lives! Seriously.
PS: My favorite Korean restaurant is owned and run by Chinese people. How in the hell can we reconcile this travesty and still enjoy good food?

Portland burrito shop forced to close amid accusations of cultural appropriation, stealing recipes

Just one week after Kooks Burritos in Portland, Ore., was featured in a profile for local publication Willamette Week, the pop-up Mexican food cart has closed down amid accusations that they ripped off their recipes.

Kali Wilgus and Liz “LC” Connelly, the two white women who started Kooks earlier this year, have been accused of stealing their techniques from the “tortilla ladies” of Puerto Nuevo, Mexico — because Connelly told Willamette Week that they gathered their recipes and tortilla-making processes during a holiday road-trip to the Baja California village.

"I picked the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever, and they showed me a little of what they did," she told the site. "They told us the basic ingredients, and we saw them moving and stretching the dough similar to how pizza makers do before rolling it out with rolling pins.”

In the profile, which first ran May 16, Connelly also claimed that, when the Mexican cooks wouldn’t give up their trade secrets, she and Wilgus “were peeking into the windows of every kitchen, totally fascinated by how easy they made it look.”

Connelly then said she used a trial-and-error process to recreate a tortilla with the same flavor and texture after returning to Portland. She and Wilgus then opened their weekend pop-up inside a taco truck on SE Cesar Estrada Chavez Boulevard, and began serving their Mexican-style tortillas filled with California-inspired ingredients.

Though the eatery had been open for several months, the owners of Kooks were only recently accused of cultural appropriation by The Portland Mercury and Mic.com based on Connelly’s revelations.

"Because of Portland’s underlying racism, the people who rightly own these traditions and cultures that exist are already treated poorly," The Portland Mercury said, calling the closure of Kooks a "victory."

The article continues,"These appropriating businesses are erasing and exploiting their already marginalized identities for the purpose of profit and praise."...

"Stealing recipes"? Lmao, as if it's so hard to put meat, cheese, beans, cilantro, and salsa in a tortilla.

I guess liberals have to stop eating at Taco Bell, Del Taco, Chipotle, etc. due to cultural appropriation as well.

Nothing in this story relates in the slightest fashion to "Liberals". Go learn what the hell you're talking about.

Fer chrissake, it ain't even about politics.

Nothing in this story relates in the slightest fashion to "Liberals". Go learn what the hell you're talking about.

Only liberal retards talk about "cultural appropriation." Derp McDerp.

That doesn't even mean anything. And what the fuck is a "derp"?

Your head's up your ass pal. Liberals are the people who wrote the Constitution and started this country. They had nothing to do with burrito roach coaches.

As I said --- go learn what the fuck you're talking about before you dig yourself deeper.

Your head's up your ass pal. Liberals are the people who wrote the Constitution and started this country. They had nothing to do with burrito roach coaches.

As I said --- go learn what the fuck you're talking about before you dig yourself deeper.

It's Portland. If you think outraged conservatives in Portland shut down this burrito shop over "cultural appropriation," you're probably the result of liberal inbreeding.

Stealing recipes is wrong.

I'm not even sure it's possible to do that. Don't think you can even copyright it.

Food is food. You take ingredients A, B, C and D and make X. If two cooks make it exactly the same way, so what?

Personally I never make anything the same way twice. And I'll take models from anywhere, use what I like and toss what I don't, and add my own. Sounds like that's what these ladies did.

It's Portland. If you think outraged conservatives in Portland shut down this burrito shop over "cultural appropriation," you're probably the result of liberal inbreeding.

Sorry, I'm not fucking STUPID enough to try and hammer a political angle into a fucking burrito recipe in a world where everything that happens comes from some freaking politial party.

Your mileage of course may vary. And that's pathetic.

They're not liberals. They're kooks.

Bingo. That's why the whole thread is dishonest. He's desperately trying to demonize something he doesn't have the slightest clue what it is.

Apparently because someone told him to. :gay:

I like burritos and don't care who makes them.

No. You''re missing the cultural significance. I want a genuine wetback making my tacos. Their sweat, their suffering, their desperation all combine to enfuse the taco with pathos and humiliation. It tastes like .... Victory!

Stealing recipes is wrong.

I'm not even sure it's possible to do that. Don't think you can even copyright it.

Food is food. You take ingredients A, B, C and D and make X. If two cooks make it exactly the same way, so what?

Personally I never make anything the same way twice. And I'll take models from anywhere, use what I like and toss what I don't, and add my own. Sounds like that's what these ladies did.
It is unethical to set-up a diner close to another and in competition by stealing the recipe of those who created it.

Forum List

Back