Left-Wing Madness at Butler University

isn't having x-mas and being accepting of whiteness part of inclusion too?

merry x-mas and regards form squeeze berry

Sure it is if you consistently put women and minorities front and center first. Then Christian holidays and whiteness get included after. The whole idea is getting rid of force of habit. It is how you successfully do healthy things like quitting smoking and losing weight. Works for keeping one's mind healthy, too.

Happy Kwanza and Regards from Rosie

You are a straight up racist pile of shit.

Go fuck yourself from Two Thumbs
You sound upset.

“the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Butler University believes its students were raised as racist and misogynist homophobes who have grown to harbor many prejudices, a stance that is both offensive and hostile to any student’s ability to learn.”

This is no more ‘mad’ or extreme than what one would hear at Liberty University. And however naïve and unrealistic the goal at Butler may be, at least it’s a good faith effort to address some of the causes of social inequality, as opposed to the hate and ignorance one would experience at Liberty.

Since it is a private university, seems you have no say in any agenda there.

Correct, the University is free to pursue any policies it wishes, no one is forced to attend.

Just sounds like a linguistic experiment in one class, not a general program of repression or anything. Where is the problem?

The ‘problem’ is ignorant conservatives mistakenly believe this is some sort of proof that the ‘liberal elites’ are attempting to change society by ‘destroying American values.’

It’s tedious idiocy.

November 29, 2012
By Bruce Bawer

Earlier this week, a link at Instapundit led me to a piece by one Ryan Lovelace, a gutsy college journalism major who has dared to tell the truth about the curricular lunacy at the place where he’s studying, “a small Midwestern liberal arts institution in Indianapolis” called Butler University. His primary focus is on Political Science 201: Research and Analysis, a class taught by a black woman who calls on students, in the name of “social justice,” to use “inclusive language,” meaning language that “affirms sexuality, racial and ethnic backgrounds,” and so on, and that, Lovelace writes, expects students “to disregard their ‘American-ness, maleness, whiteness, heterosexuality, middle-class status’ when writing and speaking in the classroom.”

---

Oh quit whining.

Its been the other way around for most of human history. It won't hurt the rabid rw's to get it through their thick skulls that there are women and men of color on this planet. Won't hurt you to include other sexual lifestyles either.

Just shut up and be glad that people are including ALL Americans instead of just those who look (and smell) like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

the black female professor is whining about the success of white males

:eusa_boohoo:

November 29, 2012
By Bruce Bawer

Earlier this week, a link at Instapundit led me to a piece by one Ryan Lovelace, a gutsy college journalism major who has dared to tell the truth about the curricular lunacy at the place where he’s studying, “a small Midwestern liberal arts institution in Indianapolis” called Butler University. His primary focus is on Political Science 201: Research and Analysis, a class taught by a black woman who calls on students, in the name of “social justice,” to use “inclusive language,” meaning language that “affirms sexuality, racial and ethnic backgrounds,” and so on, and that, Lovelace writes, expects students “to disregard their ‘American-ness, maleness, whiteness, heterosexuality, middle-class status’ when writing and speaking in the classroom.”

---

Oh quit whining.

Its been the other way around for most of human history. It won't hurt the rabid rw's to get it through their thick skulls that there are women and men of color on this planet. Won't hurt you to include other sexual lifestyles either.

Just shut up and be glad that people are including ALL Americans instead of just those who look (and smell) like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

the black female professor is whining about the success of white males

:eusa_boohoo:
Perish the thought! Rarely does anyone whine about that kind of thing. Even when they do, it's only because white males use affirmative action, welfare and a host of other entitlements which the government provides in stark contrast to their sparing use by other demographics.

November 29, 2012
By Bruce Bawer

---

Oh quit whining.

Hi old 66 az geezer...:D

The liberal arts college seeks to include people, but someone will always be excluded, as it is impossible to always include everyone. Furthermore, I’m not sure how to write assuming any other persona but my own. Any attempts to do so would only be offensive to people different from myself.

Lastly, the idea that people have different views from mine is not what makes me uncomfortable. The idea that I must walk, talk and act as the liberal arts college pleases does. I’ll speak as I always have and conduct myself in the way I deem fit. I think paying $40,000 a year should give me that basic right.

Forum List

Back