Left OUTRAGED with Republican Susan Collins-who voted FOR the stimulus bill!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Here's a little poetic justice for we conservatives. Republican Susan Collins, along with Olympia Snow & Arlan Spector had a real opportunity to pressure democrats regarding the 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill to rid it of pork & earmarks. They didn't--they chose to sign off on it.

It appears that republican Susan Collins insisted that 1.9 BILLION for CDC research be removed from the bill-or she wouldn't sign it. She stated at the time she did not believe this to be economic stimulus.

Democrats removed it--& of course she signed it. NOW--that the swine flu is in the news--the left is outraged at her for insisting that the 1.9 billion for the CDC was removed.

I wonder if she is real happy about signing off on the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus bill now??--he.he.he.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

YAY FOR THE CONSERVATIVES!!!

Congrats for succeeding in striking out money for CDC research. Way to go!

You must be so proud of your little accomplishment.

(seeing that you have nothing else to cheer about :lol:)

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

YAY FOR THE CONSERVATIVES!!!

Congrats for succeeding in striking out money for CDC research. Way to go!

You must be so proud of your little accomplishment.

(seeing that you have nothing else to cheer about :lol:)

It didn't belong as part of the stimulus bill. If additional funding is necessary, they can pass a bill tomorrow for the funding.

Here's a little poetic justice for we conservatives. Republican Susan Collins, along with Olympia Snow & Arlan Spector had a real opportunity to pressure democrats regarding the 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill to rid it of pork & earmarks. They didn't--they chose to sign off on it.

It appears that republican Susan Collins insisted that 1.9 BILLION for CDC research be removed from the bill-or she wouldn't sign it. She stated at the time she did not believe this to be economic stimulus.

Democrats removed it--& of course she signed it. NOW--that the swine flu is in the news--the left is outraged at her for insisting that the 1.9 billion for the CDC was removed.

I wonder if she is real happy about signing off on the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus bill now??--he.he.he.

They can still pass a bill and if it gets bad, they probably will do that. I'm not mad at the three who worked to get the stimulus out. They were there when all the other Rs were sitting around obstructing.

If we were to have a pandemic, we would need every penny to keep the encomy from collapsing. No one working means no frigging economy.

If we were to have a pandemic, we would need every penny to keep the encomy from collapsing. No one working means no frigging economy.

yes,, and even without a pandemic and all the freaking stimulus money you've thrown down the shithole less and less and less Americans are working.. go figure.

it did not belong in a stimulus bill...

put in the budget, and as has been pointed out, a bill could be passed tomorrow approving emergency funds...you know, just how obama got everybody all whipped up that they had to pass his stimulus in days else the economy was going to tank...

emergency funds for hurricanes etc get approved all the time. i find the faux outrage over this partisan lunacy.

What evidence to you have the left is "OUTRAGED"?

Any at all, or is this just another example of more right wing blather?

Wait, i thought we were all supposed to be dead already from the bird flu ? .........

Across-the-board tax cuts would have seen far more stimulative impact on the economy - and cost far less, than the abomination that was passed under the guise of a stimulus bill...

Forum List

Back