Left COntinues self feast:Let's help WeRememberPac

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Let's all donate to them!

http://cnx.com/remember/

This is a temporary web home for what we hope will grow into WeRememberPAC -- A Political Action Committee dedicated to taking back the Democratic Party from those who betrayed us on January 30, 2006.

Q: What is WeRememberPAC?

A: Right now, just a beautiful dream held by a number of angry Democrats. Soon, hopefully, much more.

Q: What do you hope WeRememberPAC will become?

A: The goal is to build WeRememberPAC into a full-fledged Political Action Committee dedicated to recruiting and funding candidates in primary races against the 19 Democratic Senators who crossed the aisle on January 30, 2006, and effectively voted to confirm Judge Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court.

Q: Why do you want to do this?

A; Quite simply because by refusing to join a filibuster against a Supreme Court nominee who was further to the right than even Judge Bork, who was soundly rejected by the Senate nearly twenty years ago, they have betrayed our party, our principles, and their constituents.

By crossing the aisle, they lost any right to refer to themselves as Democrats, and we need to return those seats to the Democratic Party by running REAL Democrats in the primaries against them.

Q: Who are you targetting?

A: The "Alito 18:"

Daniel Akaka
Max Baucus
Jeff Bingaman
Robert Byed
Maria Cantwell (opposed by Mark Wilson)
Tom Carper
Kent Conrad
Byron Dorgan
Daniel Inouye
Herb Koh;
Mary Landrieu
Joseph Lieberman (opposed by Ned Lamont)
Blanche Lincoln
Ben Nelson
Bill Nelson (opposed by Rick Chapman, link coming soon)
Mark Pryor
Jay Rockerfeller
Ken Salazar

Q: What can I do to help?

A: If your Senator is one of the Alito 18, then call his or her office IMMEDIATELY, and announce that you will no longer support him or her. If you give to your State party organization, and they support that Senator, stop giving them money immediately. Let them know that from now on you will only fund REAL Democrats!

Next, where there are already primary opponents against one of the Alito 18, stop by their website and donate or volunteer. We have added links on the names of those we already know have opponents, so you can easily click through to them.

Finally, fill out the contact form below. It will get you in touch with the PAC's organizers, and we will be contacting you when it comes time to start organizing the PAC properly.

We will not sell or otherwise distribute your E-Mail address to anyone!

It's being called the Floppobuster...

John Kerry’s Last Stand: The Alito Filibuster Backstory
Last week, when Senator John F. Kerry issued a vocal call for a filibuster of Supreme Court nominee Samuel A. Alito, Jr. — going so far as to blog about it — many Democrats and Republicans had the same reaction: “What the hell is he thinking?” The fact that Senator Kerry issued this clarion call to arms from Switzerland, of all places, didn’t exactly help. As White House press secretary Scott McClellan put it, “Even for a senator, it takes some pretty serious yodeling to call for a filibuster from a five-star ski resort in the Swiss Alps.” As the New York Times aptly summarized matters, “Democrats cringed and Republicans jeered at the awkwardness of his gesture, which almost no one in the Senate expects to succeed.”

After the Alito cloture vote this afternoon, this will all be nothing more than an embarrassing memory. But, since we had nothing better to do with our weekend, we did some poking around into what might have been running through John Kerry’s elongated head.

The rumor going around in Judiciary Committee circles late last week was that Senator Kerry’s decision to filibuster was staff-driven. Speculation focused in one staff member in particular: Mirah Horowitz, one of Kerry’s chief legal advisors. Horowitz is a liberal lawyer and blonde braniac who previously clerked for Justice Stephen Breyer, before joining a decidedly less successful enterprise — the Kerry presidential campaign.

Was there any truth to this rumor of Mirah Horowitz exercising excessive influence over John Kerry? Details after the jump.

First things first: What does this Mirah Horowitz character look like? We’ve helpfully supplied a picture of her, so you can judge for yourself. She strikes us as the blonde version of the Washingtonienne, Jessica Cutler (but with a Supreme Court clerkship, and without that whole anal-sex-for-cash business).

And how accurate was this rumor of Mirah Horowitz as Lady Macbeth, inciting John Kerry to filibuster by stoking his 2008 ambitions? As you might imagine, this dramatic scenario got us quite excited here at Wonkette. It’s been a long time since an attractive young woman altered the course of political history!

Alas, as is so often the case, reality is less than exciting than rumor. Sources in the Kerry camp report that although Horowitz does play a major role in advising Senator Kerry on matters pertaining to the judiciary, including drafting and reviewing many of his SCOTUS-related speeches, the decision to charge the Alito windmill was Kerry’s own. In fact, it was less staff-driven than most of his decisions, since Kerry was away from Washington when he made it. It was far more influenced by overseas telephone conversations he had with fellow Democratic senators, most notably, Senator Ted Kennedy (who also, by the way, receives occasional advice from Horowitz on judicial matters).

In the end, learning that the Alito filibuster was John Kerry’s brilliant idea really isn’t that surprising to us. It reflects the same shrewd political judgment and unerring strategic insight that Senator Kerry displayed in running his 2004 presidential campaign.

Okay, so maybe Mirah Horowitz can’t singlehandedly cause a senator to filibuster a SCOTUS nominee. But we hear she can do something that, to ex-New Yorkers like ourselves, is equally Mirah-culous. She can get you tickets to Spamalot! (Her father, Dr. Lawrence Horowitz, is a producer of the show.)
http://www.wonkette.com/politics/jo...and-the-alito-filibuster-backstory-151434.php

Made me smile :halo:

• Banned
Basically, everyone should go to DU right now. The threads are snapshots of minds in various state of unravellment. They're angry, dejected, bickering, lecturing each other, coming unglued. Poor things. LOL.

rtwngAvngr said:
Basically, everyone should go to DU right now. The threads are snapshots of minds in various state of unravellment. They're angry, dejected, bickering, lecturing each other, coming unglued. Poor things. LOL.

When I get nervous about Republicans losing elections in 2006, I always go there and get my daily dose of reassurance.

God bless DU.... we all need crazies in our life to make us really appreciate what we have... i.e. intelligence, common sense, ability to comprehend reality.

rtwngAvngr said:

I saw two things that made me laugh. One was a post by a guy who is trying to find a connection between those who voted against the filibuster and the voting machines used in their states. The other was a guy saying they should stop referring to the far left in the party as the 'loony left,' as that's "Rush Limbaugh talk." Poor guy just didn't realize he WAS the loony left.

• Banned
Hobbit said:
I saw two things that made me laugh. One was a post by a guy who is trying to find a connection between those who voted against the filibuster and the voting machines used in their states. The other was a guy saying they should stop referring to the far left in the party as the 'loony left,' as that's "Rush Limbaugh talk." Poor guy just didn't realize he WAS the loony left.

I know i know. It's all so great! I remember that second one vividly. That poor guy. LOL. Openly correcting others on their newspeak! LMAO.

DU poster:

1) The Senate Democrats know where there base is.

yes i do believe their base is over there.....

rtwngAvngr said:
Let's all donate to them!

Id rather keep my own money thank you.

However, i would encourage the extremists to keep up the good work. If they keep trying to get Democrat extremists elected, we can be assured victory.

Here is the picture of Mirah Horowitz from Bonnie's link. I wonder what she is measuring.

mirah%20horowitz.jpg

Forum List

Back