Left Behind the game.

It's already out on the market.

I'm sure people here will disagree with the producers for half of the stupid bullshit in the game...maybe.

How cute they chose NYC for the site of the game... I love knowing both the terrorists and the end-timers feel the same. Although I suppose they get points for exorcising their hatred cybernetically instead of by flying planes into buildings...

Has this thing been releases or not? They give an October 2006 date at their site: http://www.leftbehindgames.com/

Sounds just like another real-time strategy game loosely based on a book. There's been scores of Jew v. Muslim games, generic country v. generic country games, this just isn't what's thought of as "Christian enough" to secularists.

I'm trying to figure out what the big deal is. It's an RTS based on one author's interpretation of Biblical prophecy. Are you saying it's too violent? Are you kidding? The Bible is one of the most violent books in history. Anything covering Biblical events will either be violent or wussified.

I'm trying to figure out what the big deal is. It's an RTS based on one author's interpretation of Biblical prophecy. Are you saying it's too violent? Are you kidding? The Bible is one of the most violent books in history. Anything covering Biblical events will either be violent or wussified.
I'm saying the game is rather anti-thesis to the Christian thought, at least in regards to how many groups of Christian it excludes as being left behind to become apart of Satan's group.

I'm saying the game is rather anti-thesis to the Christian thought, at least in regards to how many groups of Christian it excludes as being left behind to become apart of Satan's group.

It's a game based on a book. Can we spare the all-inclusive PC bullcrap?

It's a game based on a book. Can we spare the all-inclusive PC bullcrap?
It's not bullshit, Hobbit. It's pathetic to see a game supposedly selling a Christian viewpoint in which it categorizes its own fellow Christians (the Catholics) as in league with Satan.

Just curious if either Kagom or Jillian have actually bothered to download the playable demo from the Left Behind Games website? Or are you two simply outraged based on someone else's review?

And another question for the both of you: are you as upset by games like the Grand Theft Auto or even the Mortal Combat series?

And as Hobbit said, the game is based on the fictional Left Behind series by LeHaye and Jenkins, NOT on the Bible itself. Get a grip ya little thought-nazis!

Just curious if either Kagom or Jillian have actually bothered to download the playable demo from the Left Behind Games website? Or are you two simply outraged based on someone else's review?

And another question for the both of you: are you as upset by games like the Grand Theft Auto or even the Mortal Kombat series?

And as Hobbit said, the game is based on the fictional Left Behind series by LeHaye and Jenkins, NOT on the Bible itself. Get a grip ya little thought-nazis!
I'm not upset, I just find the grouping to be tasteless. I've not yet to download the demo, but I do plan to. If anything, the demo will encompass the beginning of the game, which, according to one review I read, you shirk combat to find Bible passages and verses to instill faith and spirit.

No, they don't. They don't really endorse any kind of ideology like the Left Behind series does.

I'm quite aware what the game is based on. But the books themselves claim inspiration from the Bible.

So - if, in the game, the scenario is "All non-christians are trying to KILL christians" what's the problem with playing the role of the christian and killing them first?

So - if, in the game, the scenario is "All non-christians are trying to KILL christians" what's the problem with playing the role of the christian and killing them first?
Nothing wrong with self-defense. My only beef with the game is the aspect of how it lumps Christians (seems only evangelicals for the most part). Otherwise, I wouldn't give this game the time of day.

I'm not upset, I just find the grouping to be tasteless. I've not yet to download the demo, but I do plan to. If anything, the demo will encompass the beginning of the game, which, according to one review I read, you shirk combat to find Bible passages and verses to instill faith and spirit.

OK, I can understand that reasoning.

No, they don't. They don't really endorse any kind of ideology like the Left Behind series does.

Sorry, but everything is ideology these days. GTA endorses the thug mentality where stealing cars, killing cops and screwing hookers is fine. Mortal combat uses extremely graphic scenes where one combatant kills another. And yes, there are other, newer games which promote more extreme mindsets.

I'm quite aware what the game is based on. But the books themselves claim inspiration from the Bible.

Hey, I'm not a believer in the vision LeHaye and Jenkins put forth either. There is very little support in scripture to support the idea of a pre-tribulation physical rapture, which is what the entire series is based on. But I enjoyed the series as being well-written fiction, which is what it was.

BTW, here's a direct link to the Left Behind Games page concerning this controversy. Might want to read it to balance your perspective rather than simply relying on the reports from the game's opponents.
http://www.leftbehindgames.com/pages/controversy.htm

Forum List

Back