CDZ Leeann Tweeden's comportment, tone and tenor during her interview with Jake Tapper

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Xelor, Nov 17, 2017.

1. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,499
    Performing the duties of president have no relation to your propensity to cheat on your wife. Considering that to become president you must have an alpha male personality, I think it would be a damn safe bet to state that not a single president that has ever occupied the oval office had not cheated on their spouse at one time or another.

2. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    Bold:
    I agree regarding execution of most of the work itself because, mostly, other people do that work in one's name. That one will betray one's spouse is indicative of the potentiality that one will betray individuals less significant in one's life than is one's spouse.

Let's not kid ourselves, the work itself isn't the hard part of being POTUS or most other management jobs. The hard part of such roles is leading others, and to do that, one must earn people's trust. One simply cannot effectively and sufficiently earn trust when one is known to have repeatedly betrayed, of all people, one's spouse, children, siblings, parents, and others having such high status in one's life.

3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +589
    I have mixed feelings but understand your point. Marriages are complicated though. People are complicated. Ever since I realized some of the women I ignored or blew off would put up with me I have admitted not understanding the dynamics of relationships.

So, to get around to the point, I'll admit someone cheating on a spouse should raise a flag but probably does not make me assume someone is a bad person.

Good point though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. depotoo

depotoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,403
    You did not mention it is also their attempt to keep their corruption over the last 8 years covered up.

5. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    I too am not of a mind to take things that far on the basis solely of one's having betrayed one's spouse. I'm willing to say exactly what I did say: on account of one's betraying one's spouse, I'm of a mind that I have little sound basis for thinking one will not also betray me, a total or veritable stranger, who has nothing near the degree of regard one accords/owes a spouse.

Thank you.