Lee Atwater

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sealybobo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    Did anyone see the documentary on him last night? What a scumbag. He was the Karl Rove before Karl Rove. Without him, Reagan & HW Bush would have both lost. You should have seen the smear they did to Bob Dole. He was FURIOUS! Which is funny to me now because of Elizabeth Dole's dirty tactics just recently where she called her opponent godless and it cost her the election. Ha ha.

I still think dirty politics will work in the future, but it was nice to see they didn't work on Obama.

The documentary said last night that Obama would not have won if Lee was still around.

The Dukakis' are still bitter to this day about the Willie Horton smears. It turns out that Reagan was responsible for Willie Horton's release. But just like Kerry made the mistake of not responding to the bullshit smears, Dukakis didn't respond in time either and he lost a huge lead, and clearly the Presidency by not fighting back.

Then Lee got a brain tumor and died. He was very sorry for the scumbag things he did in the end, because he was afraid he would go to hell.

I found myself hating this man but no one can wish a brain tumor on another person. That's just horrible. But it is also karma. Karl Rove might want to take note.

PS. Any Republican who thinks there is no difference between Dems and Reps, watch this documentary. You guys invented dirty politics. Or you mastered it.

Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story

2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    Maybe I heard it wrong. Maybe what Dukakis said was that it was not his ferlow program or that Reagan had a ferlow program too that let prisoners out early too.

Anyways, watch the documentary when they run it again. Very interesting.

It will give you insite on how the GOP mastered dirty campaigns. They do it to each other. Mason Dixon line stuff, etc.

I'll keep digging on the Willie Horton thing. I think it was either a lie or exxagerated/blown out of proportion.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    The pamphlet, suggestive of an appeal to racial prejudice, visually links Barack Obama to Michael Dukakis and to Willie Horton, the convicted rapist whose furlough in Massachusetts became a controversial television ad during the 1988 presidential race, and it goes on to accuse Obama of favoring early release for sex offenders.

The charge in the flyer is a distortion of a 1999 state senate vote in Illinois that grant “good time” credits for convicts (i.e., those who are good prisoners are eligible to shave time off of their sentence for their good behaviour.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    I just found it. It said, "Reagan & Bush are guilty because almost every state during Reagan's 8 years in office, had a furlough program.

They didn't do shit about furlough's. But they used it as an issue.

Seriously Del, just watch the Lee Atwater documentary and then get back to me. It is why I hate Republicans so much.

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Only hearing what you want to hear, I guess.

William Horton was on a work release propgram in Mass. and while on that program went out and committed some serious crimes. The Bush campaign decided to make use of that to attack Dukakis. Dukakis tried to make a case for hypocricy on Bush's part because of a similar federal work release program initiated under Reagan.

*sheesh*

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    And your type of logic is why I hate Dems so much....you can't even get your lies to sound remotely plausible to anyone over the age of 6.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    I'm not lying or trying to make anything up fuck face. I'm trying to recall a fucking documentary I saw last night. I am sick, on drugs, etc. LOL.

The documentary was all about how the Dirty GOP became dirty. It was this nobody Lee Atwater that started the movement. The Bush family didn't even trust him for fucking christ sakes!!! Barbara Bush hated him.

But they won with him, so they didn't complain too much.

And I swear to god that Karl Rove is Lee Atwater reincarnated.

Watch the piece and maybe you'll learn something.

I'm not trying to lie. Maybe because you are a fucking liar in every aspect of your life, you project that on to other people.

Fuck off calling me a liar. Eat a dick!! ok? :lol:

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    Hey!!! That's it!!!! Thanks CSM.

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Well, here we are with a 6 year old that learnd to spell "fuck". I am impressed.

Hit a nerve did I?

Besides, I implied that Dems were liars (a very broad generality) but no worse than your assertions about Republicans (not necessarily constrained to this thread) that you have made in your many posts on this board.

Speaking of projecting...eat a lot of dick do you?