Lee Atwater

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Did anyone see the documentary on him last night? What a scumbag. He was the Karl Rove before Karl Rove. Without him, Reagan & HW Bush would have both lost. You should have seen the smear they did to Bob Dole. He was FURIOUS! Which is funny to me now because of Elizabeth Dole's dirty tactics just recently where she called her opponent godless and it cost her the election. Ha ha.

I still think dirty politics will work in the future, but it was nice to see they didn't work on Obama.

The documentary said last night that Obama would not have won if Lee was still around.

The Dukakis' are still bitter to this day about the Willie Horton smears. It turns out that Reagan was responsible for Willie Horton's release. But just like Kerry made the mistake of not responding to the bullshit smears, Dukakis didn't respond in time either and he lost a huge lead, and clearly the Presidency by not fighting back.

Then Lee got a brain tumor and died. He was very sorry for the scumbag things he did in the end, because he was afraid he would go to hell.

I found myself hating this man but no one can wish a brain tumor on another person. That's just horrible. But it is also karma. Karl Rove might want to take note.

PS. Any Republican who thinks there is no difference between Dems and Reps, watch this documentary. You guys invented dirty politics. Or you mastered it.

Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story

there is no difference and reagan had nothing to do with willie horton's release.

try to keep up.

Willie Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe I heard it wrong. Maybe what Dukakis said was that it was not his ferlow program or that Reagan had a ferlow program too that let prisoners out early too.

Anyways, watch the documentary when they run it again. Very interesting.

It will give you insite on how the GOP mastered dirty campaigns. They do it to each other. Mason Dixon line stuff, etc.

I'll keep digging on the Willie Horton thing. I think it was either a lie or exxagerated/blown out of proportion.

there is no difference and reagan had nothing to do with willie horton's release.

try to keep up.

The pamphlet, suggestive of an appeal to racial prejudice, visually links Barack Obama to Michael Dukakis and to Willie Horton, the convicted rapist whose furlough in Massachusetts became a controversial television ad during the 1988 presidential race, and it goes on to accuse Obama of favoring early release for sex offenders.

The charge in the flyer is a distortion of a 1999 state senate vote in Illinois that grant “good time” credits for convicts (i.e., those who are good prisoners are eligible to shave time off of their sentence for their good behaviour.

try to keep up.

I just found it. It said, "Reagan & Bush are guilty because almost every state during Reagan's 8 years in office, had a furlough program.

They didn't do shit about furlough's. But they used it as an issue.

Seriously Del, just watch the Lee Atwater documentary and then get back to me. It is why I hate Republicans so much.

Maybe I heard it wrong. Maybe what Dukakis said was that it was not his ferlow program or that Reagan had a ferlow program too that let prisoners out early too.

Anyways, watch the documentary when they run it again. Very interesting.

It will give you insite on how the GOP mastered dirty campaigns. They do it to each other. Mason Dixon line stuff, etc.

I'll keep digging on the Willie Horton thing. I think it was either a lie or exxagerated/blown out of proportion.

Only hearing what you want to hear, I guess.

William Horton was on a work release propgram in Mass. and while on that program went out and committed some serious crimes. The Bush campaign decided to make use of that to attack Dukakis. Dukakis tried to make a case for hypocricy on Bush's part because of a similar federal work release program initiated under Reagan.

*sheesh*

I just found it. It said, "Reagan & Bush are guilty because almost every state during Reagan's 8 years in office, had a furlough program.

They didn't do shit about furlough's. But they used it as an issue.

Seriously Del, just watch the Lee Atwater documentary and then get back to me. It is why I hate Republicans so much.

And your type of logic is why I hate Dems so much....you can't even get your lies to sound remotely plausible to anyone over the age of 6.

And your type of logic is why I hate Dems so much....you can't even get your lies to sound remotely plausible to anyone over the age of 6.

I'm not lying or trying to make anything up fuck face. I'm trying to recall a fucking documentary I saw last night. I am sick, on drugs, etc. LOL.

The documentary was all about how the Dirty GOP became dirty. It was this nobody Lee Atwater that started the movement. The Bush family didn't even trust him for fucking christ sakes!!! Barbara Bush hated him.

But they won with him, so they didn't complain too much.

And I swear to god that Karl Rove is Lee Atwater reincarnated.

Watch the piece and maybe you'll learn something.

I'm not trying to lie. Maybe because you are a fucking liar in every aspect of your life, you project that on to other people.

Fuck off calling me a liar. Eat a dick!! ok? :lol:

Only hearing what you want to hear, I guess.

William Horton was on a work release propgram in Mass. and while on that program went out and committed some serious crimes. The Bush campaign decided to make use of that to attack Dukakis. Dukakis tried to make a case for hypocricy on Bush's part because of a similar federal work release program initiated under Reagan.

*sheesh*

Hey!!! That's it!!!! Thanks CSM.

I'm not lying or trying to make anything up fuck face. I'm trying to recall a fucking documentary I saw last night. I am sick, on drugs, etc. LOL.

The documentary was all about how the Dirty GOP became dirty. It was this nobody Lee Atwater that started the movement. The Bush family didn't even trust him for fucking christ sakes!!! Barbara Bush hated him.

But they won with him, so they didn't complain too much.

And I swear to god that Karl Rove is Lee Atwater reincarnated.

Watch the piece and maybe you'll learn something.

I'm not trying to lie. Maybe because you are a fucking liar in every aspect of your life, you project that on to other people.

Fuck off calling me a liar. Eat a dick!! ok? :lol:

Well, here we are with a 6 year old that learnd to spell "fuck". I am impressed.

Hit a nerve did I?

Besides, I implied that Dems were liars (a very broad generality) but no worse than your assertions about Republicans (not necessarily constrained to this thread) that you have made in your many posts on this board.

Speaking of projecting...eat a lot of dick do you?

Well, here we are with a 6 year old that learnd to spell "fuck". I am impressed.

Hit a nerve did I?

Besides, I implied that Dems were liars (a very broad generality) but no worse than your assertions about Republicans (not necessarily constrained to this thread) that you have made in your many posts on this board.

Speaking of projecting...eat a lot of dick do you?

Ha! Good one.

I just talked to another guy at work who always seems to see the same PBS specials I see. He saw it and agrees it was a great documentary.

You gotta see it. It will show you the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Republicans are dirty dirty politicians. Reagan & Bush 1 used Atwater and Bush 2 used Rove. They are flat out liars.

And they are racists. Or, they might not be racists, but they use race to divide us.

One person they interviewed, who was a Republican, admitted that people don't vote based on hope, they vote based on fear.

And in the documentary they admitted that people will vote Republican, even if they are voting against their own best interests financially, because of extreme patriotism. Christianity, race, sexual orientation, gender.

What does that tell me? Republican voters are pathetic.

And just like the GOP tried to use Ayers, Wright and Rezko, Reagan & Bush via Lee Atwater used Willie Horton and religion to win. Wedge issues.

I'm just glad it didn't work against Obama.:clap2:

Ha! Good one.

I just talked to another guy at work who always seems to see the same PBS specials I see. He saw it and agrees it was a great documentary.

Two six year olds agreeing on something doesn't make an adult assesment.

You gotta see it. It will show you the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Republicans are dirty dirty politicians. Reagan & Bush 1 used Atwater and Bush 2 used Rove. They are flat out liars.

Sure they are...all politicians are liars. Dems would never engage in anything others would consider dirty politics....and they NEVER lie either. Still believe in the tooth fairy too, don't you!

And they are racists. Or, they might not be racists, but they use race to divide us.

Unlike the Dems whose entire party platform is based on racism.

One person they interviewed, who was a Republican, admitted that people don't vote based on hope, they vote based on fear.

Well, one person's opinion must make it so. You sure have embraced that little piece of fantasy!

And in the documentary they admitted that people will vote Republican, even if they are voting against their own best interests financially, because of extreme patriotism. Christianity, race, sexual orientation, gender.

Some probably do...sounds like a totally unbiased documentary ... did Michael Moore produce it?

What does that tell me? Republican voters are pathetic.

Well, it tells me that you will buy into any partisan crap that feeds your immature view of politics.

And just like the GOP tried to use Ayers, Wright and Rezko, Reagan & Bush via Lee Atwater used Willie Horton and religion to win. Wedge issues.

Let's see, William Horton wasn't an issue during Reagan's campaign. you wouldn't be trying to fabricate (lie) here would you?

I'm just glad it didn't work against Obama.:clap2:

So, you and the head frialator cook at McDonald's agreed...that makes half a brain right there. No wonder you jump to the conclusions you do and end up in outer space someplace.

I sure do admire your partisanship. You just stick to those guns and go down with the ship!

Well as long as the guy at your job agrees it was a great documentary it must have merit.

Let me guess Farenheit 9/11 was a great documentary also right?

So, you and the head frialator cook at McDonald's agreed...that makes half a brain right there. No wonder you jump to the conclusions you do and end up in outer space someplace.

I sure do admire your partisanship. You just stick to those guns and go down with the ship!

I guess I shouldn't say ALL Republicans. I guess I should say the Reagan-Bush-Bush Republicans. They even tried to help McCain be a better liar.

Reagan lied about Dole.
Bush smeared Dukakis with bullshit.
Bush lied about McCain's adopted black child and that won him S. Carolina.
McCain lied about Obama.

Did Dole make shit up about Reagan? Did Dukakis not run a classy campaign? Do you deny Bush's team spread a lie about McCain's black child?

Lee Atwater flat out lied to reporters. Reagan too.

So you all freaked out over Clinton lying about a BJ but totally are cool with Reagan selling guns to Iran. I guess it's ok to lie as long as it isn't under oath.

I think if you are a liar when you are not under oath, you probably wouldn't have a problem lying under oath too.

Anyways, watch the documentary. It might enlighten you as to how the GOP appeals to our lowest common denominator, and that shit works on people like you.

Liberals are MUCH better people than Conservatives. Seriously.

And in this documentary, they'll explain how/why Southerners hate liberals from the north. We apparently think we are smarter than them, which we do, because we are. :eusa_whistle:

Well as long as the guy at your job agrees it was a great documentary it must have merit.

You Republicans refuse to watch things like this because it exposes you for the bags of shit you really are, and how dumb you are when it comes to politics.

You are fooled into voting against your own self interest because of extreme patriotism.

Example: You'd vote against a jew who would make your life better because his corrupt opponent is a christian. How dumb is that/are you?

No I would vote for the jew if he promised to keep government out of my life and lower taxes and keep a strong national defense.

Religion has no merit on how I vote. So you're an idiot

However, you would vote for a guy wearing a swastika with a short mustashe as long as he was running on the democratic ticket. How fucking dumb is that

Anyways, watch the documentary. It might enlighten you as to how the GOP appeals to our lowest common denominator, and that shit works on people like you.

Liberals are MUCH better people than Conservatives. Seriously.

And in this documentary, they'll explain how/why Southerners hate liberals from the north. We apparently think we are smarter than them, which we do, because we are. :eusa_whistle:

Kind of says it all. You validate my opinion of you with each post. I appreciate the laughs you provide though.

By the way, just so you know, you gave me positive rep...I am sure you meant to neg rep me...might wann fix that.

The OP is referring to Frontline, the PBS documentary-style series. Frontline is IMHO one of the most objective and frank programs on television period. I didn't watch last night but wanted to. The wife vetoed it.

The OP is referring to Frontline, the PBS documentary-style series. Frontline is IMHO one of the most objective and frank programs on television period. I didn't watch last night but wanted to. The wife vetoed it.

Sorry to break the news to you, but PBS and Front line are especially left leaning.

Didn't they have a documentary

Bush's War

lol, yeah, seems fair and balanced

Sorry to break the news to you, but PBS and Front line are especially left leaning.

Didn't they have a documentary

Bush's War

lol, yeah, seems fair and balanced

Yeah they did. Of course. They nailed it. They also railed the hell out of Clinton and will be all over the certain corruption that's to develop in Obama's Washington. The truth hurts sometimes.

Forum List

Back