Led Zeppelin "Stole"...

All Robert Plant had to do was change the lyrics and there would have been no plagiarism. You can't copyright a 1-4-5 progression that has no melody like most of the Delta blues content. In fact The Jeff Beck Group and Zeppelin should have been awarded money for making really bad "blues" songs cool sounding.

Oh man, I have to post this in my breakup songs thread! I don't know how I could have not thought of it! That is horrifying! :eek:

Ha, we used to play this with my ex-band with 3 part harmony on the chorus! Real simple D-C-G thing, but it has to have swing and thought...musical management of space and time..makes it sexy.

All Robert Plant had to do was change the lyrics and there would have been no plagiarism. You can't copyright a 1-4-5 progression that has no melody like most of the Delta blues content. In fact The Jeff Beck Group and Zeppelin should have been awarded money for making really bad "blues" songs cool sounding.

Actually they already were awarded money for doing pretty much the opposite with all that RP caterwauling so I doubt they're complaining.

Forum List

Back