LED lights that are good enough to replace incandescents

Sounds very cool!
:cool:
Well, the food could be better. But the atmosphere is nice, and he has live music. Pretty good selection of antiques for sale, too.

What kind of food do you serve?
Hmm.....??? Seafood??
I have this pesky electronic communications agreement thingy.

We were recently named in the top 100 companies to work for.........
We're based out of Orlando, FL and have +/- 180,000 employees.
Mine is the flagship company of all the concepts we own, with almost 700 locations.
;)
If I was to say the name of the restaurant, then my username would be connected to that post forever and I'd have to put a disclaimer in all of my posts, from here on out, that my views aren't the views of _______

:eusa_shhh::lol:

Sounds very cool!
:cool:
Well, the food could be better. But the atmosphere is nice, and he has live music. Pretty good selection of antiques for sale, too.

What kind of food do you serve?
Hmm.....??? Seafood??
I have this pesky electronic communications agreement thingy.

We were recently named in the top 100 companies to work for.........
We're based out of Orlando, FL and have +/- 180,000 employees.
Mine is the flagship company of all the concepts we own, with almost 700 locations.
;)
If I was to say the name of the restaurant, then my username would be connected to that post forever and I'd have to put a disclaimer in all of my posts, from here on out, that my views aren't the views of _______

:eusa_shhh::lol:
Understood. And I like your restaurant. :)

Interesting point here. So you 'survivalists' are all touting the great aspects of the present incandescents. Yet, if there is a major catastrophe that takes civilization a couple of decades to climb back up from, you are going to be out of light, while the people with the LEDs will still have usable lights.

Obviously you don't get it. In a free market society when someone is attempting to replace one product with another the replacement product has to be as good if not better than the old technology in functionality, not just savings, estimated or actual, money or energy.
In this case the lumens need to replicate or exceed that produced by the current (incandescent) technology for people to consider such items as viable replacements. If I wanted candle light I'd buy a box of candles, they're cheaper.
You can advocate saving the planet all day long but that alone won't sell the product to the vast majority. Make it work the way people want it to work and they'll sell like hot cakes.
Or you can just have the government mandate the purchase of the new technology.

Sir, I suggest we think about human nature in this case.

You have the government to thank for pine trees growing in st louis. Yup.

You have the government to thank for the switch to unleaded gas.

The discussion is if the technology is presently viable.

Say what? I get a 40w light bulb at Walmart for about >60 cents and you tell me it's good news that the "new" stuff will cost (less than?) $20.00 per 40w bulb? The world is upside down under radical environmentalism.

Whitey, did you bother the read Hortysir's post concerning the amount of money that the use of energy saving light technology had saved their restuarant? Over the space of a couple of years, if your 40w bulb is used often, the cost of the energy and replacement bulbs will exceed the cost of the LED and the energy it uses.

Pure economics, for those that can think past next week.

Obviously you don't get it. In a free market society when someone is attempting to replace one product with another the replacement product has to be as good if not better than the old technology in functionality, not just savings, estimated or actual, money or energy.
In this case the lumens need to replicate or exceed that produced by the current (incandescent) technology for people to consider such items as viable replacements. If I wanted candle light I'd buy a box of candles, they're cheaper.
You can advocate saving the planet all day long but that alone won't sell the product to the vast majority. Make it work the way people want it to work and they'll sell like hot cakes.

Presently viable for some uses. Soon to be viable for most.

We also have the government to thank for Agent Orange.

We also have the government to thank for MTBE.

We also have the government to thank for 14 trillion dollars of debt.

The government does dumb things. Don't pretend everything it does it good.

The government does plenty wrong. No homer here. Lets keep the FBI NSA & CIA then create a Deparment for Homeland Security for example.

Seems like by the time we are getting rid of slavery or mandating a switch of paint bases we generally get things right.

What is your purchase point? Dollar wise.

At about $5 I switched to cfl's. There are even three way ones now. Some freakishly colored blue fellas. I think our wives planned their make up colors during the days of or expecting the old dingy soft yellow lights. That must be why the discontent with the new colors.

Whitey, did you bother the read Hortysir's post concerning the amount of money that the use of energy saving light technology had saved their restuarant? Over the space of a couple of years, if your 40w bulb is used often, the cost of the energy and replacement bulbs will exceed the cost of the LED and the energy it uses.

Pure economics, for those that can think past next week.

I can't believe im going to say this but Old Rocks is right about that.

The light may suck but, over time, the LED bulb will cost a lot less than a 40w incandescent.

The government does plenty wrong. No homer here. Lets keep the FBI NSA & CIA then create a Deparment for Homeland Security for example.

Seems like by the time we are getting rid of slavery or mandating a switch of paint bases we generally get things right.

What is your purchase point? Dollar wise.

At about $5 I switched to cfl's. There are even three way ones now. Some freakishly colored blue fellas. I think our wives planned their make up colors during the days of or expecting the old dingy soft yellow lights. That must be why the discontent with the new colors.
My house is about 50/50 incandescent and CFLs. Some of the CFLs take a few minutes to come up to full brightness. I don't think I have any new incan bulbs lying around.

I have one LED light, a nightlight. It's not bad -- fair amount of light versus a 4W incandescent, and it's a lot more rugged. The 4W incan bulbs always blew when you looked at them wrong.

Forum List

Back