LeBron "A Runaway Slave"

Go do something productive, Jesse. Somewhere some skank must be looking for someone to help her make yet another out-of-wedlock black baby for society to care of for several decades. We know you be good at dat.

If Lebron is a runaway slave, this would be the first time in American history that a runaway slave had headed south.

My, my...times have changed!

that owner looked like the boob he is, Lebron had every right to do it exactly like he did it. The loser Cav fans don't talk about Lebron donating the show's money to boy's club.
Thank god for the owner though idiot comedy like that is tough to come by. Why would a free agent go to the Cav's when the owner trashes the best player in the league?

I don't agree. LeBron is only 25 years old, and IMO he has handled his public life with nothing but class and dignity. Gilbert has been known to carry on like this before -- this is not a departure for him. Things don't go his way, he has a meltdown. The man is an ass...a talentless, frustrated, covetous ass who does Cleveland no good at all.

I wish he'd go be a pimple on the ass of some other unfortunate community.

If Lebron had class he would have told the Cavs his decision long before going on national TV to announce it and if he had any dignity he would not have played up the whole free agent tour like he did or even have his decision infomercial.

Gotta agree with Art here. Been doing that a lot lately, starting to piss me off. LeBron was a dick. Sad to, I was a fan of the kids until this BS. How tacky to not even notify the man that he was leaving before making a public announcement, and if it's true that he just refused to meet with Cavs management, well..............

In truth though, the whole NBA blows, so who really cares.............

Humm, I did not know that...but ain't it a flaw with free agency, rather than LeBron? Seems to me he just played the cards he was dealt.

Still, it does make it easier to understand why people like Elvis are so angry.

He also impacted the shake-up in the Cavs' coaching staff and management last month. And if you want to go back even further, if he's had it in his head since 2006 that he, Wade, and Bosh might be teaming up somewhere with ample cap space, his move to push the team toward short-term "win one for the King" acquisitions (e.g Rent-a-Shaq) instead of long-term team-building was pretty shitty, especially since it leaves the Cavs in a much weaker position going into next season than they needed to be.

Also I second the above posts--he was just a dick about the whole thing.

Seems to me you are blaming every lousy decision on LeBron. Why can't Gilbert accept some responsibility?

And anyway, were the Cavs ever gonna be contenders without LeBron?

Seems to me you are blaming every lousy decision on LeBron. Why can't Gilbert accept some responsibility?

And anyway, were the Cavs ever gonna be contenders without LeBron?

Did you forget about the Craig Ehlo era?

What if G Bush would have said what the Rev Jesse Jackson did say, you know about LeBron being a "runaway slave"?

A multi, multi millionire African American who makes his money playing basketball is somehow a slave?

Where can I sign up for slavery?

There are some people who just don't do much good when they rush to defend others. Jesse Jackson annoys me, not as much as some others I can think of, but still....the man's annoying. His choice of words was hyperbole, and prolly unfortunate.

We have had a good article in our local paper about Gilbert and Jackson. The author is correct; LeBron made a business decision and none of us should feel "personally betrayed". Especially not our little-girl-crying Cavs owner, Gilbert.

Comments on Cavs fans should know the LeBron James business is just business: Phillip Morris | Phillip Morris - - cleveland.com

If you would ask any black Cavs fan what they think of Lebron right now I would bet that the statement would be far worse than Gilberts.

The issue was never a financial one, James didnt think he could win a ring in Cleveland.

The one thing that really bothered me was the way he released his decison. Real Tacky. He should have at least told Cleveland they were out of the running before hand.

As a Black/African American Cavs Fan, I think LeBron made the best move for him. I think he realized that he was never going to win a championship in Cleveland, because the ownership had not shown they were making any attempts to secure significant talent during the free agency period. I think he took note of how Gilbert handled the trading of Z to the Wizards, and the firing of Mike Brown and Danny Ferry, and realized that the team was heading nowhere fast. For the first time in years (and I followed the Cavs when they really sucked before LeBron was drafted) I was ashamed, not of LeBron, but of the tackly low class letter, and the childish tantrum thrown by Dan Gilbert.

I don't believe Cleveland was out of the running until late in the game. While I don't agree with the "Decision" on ESPN and believe he was ill advised by his management team. He was a free agent and under no obligation to tell the Cavs anything. He carried the team on his back for 7 years and that was enough.

As for the loyalty part. What loyalty do owners show players when they trade them? If LeBron got hurt, he would be traded without a second thought. What loyalty do owners show coaches and general managers when they fire them. Why is it only players who are disloyal when the leave a team?

So in answer to your question, from a Black Cavaliers Fan, I remain a Cavs fan, though I will no longer spend a dime that will further increase Dan Gilbert's wealth. I remain a fan of LeBron and look forward to watching him play for the Heat. I understand why he did what he did, I wish him well and hope he achieves his goal.

Last edited:
I think I quit watching the National Black Association sometime after 1993 when the Orlando Magic were contenders. But this race baiter Jackson will never quit. Most likely, he just made an extravagant purchase, and needs money to pay it off. People worship Jackson and pay him cash money to hear him belittle whitey. That's why if he were labeled a "Black Supremacist" he'd be discounted, and have to look for a real job, instead of relying on white guilt and fueling black racism.

Forum List

Back