Lebanon War of Lies

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Thirty years ago this week, the Israeli army crossed into Lebanon and started the most stupid war in Israel's history. It lasted for 18 years. About 1500 Israeli soldiers and untold numbers of Lebanese and Palestinians were killed.

Almost all wars are based on lies. Lies are considered legitimate instruments of war. Lebanon War I (as it was later called) was a glorious example.

From beginning to end (if it has ended yet) it was a war of deceit and deception, falsehoods and fabrications.

The lies started with the official name: “Operation Peace in Galilee”.

Lebanon War of Lies

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/18/world/middleeast/18lebanon.html

Indictment Against Hezbollah Is Published

BEIRUT, Lebanon — The United Nations-backed tribunal investigating the assassination of a former Lebanese prime minister in 2005 released the full indictment on Wednesday against members of Hezbollah named in the killing, a move that could deepen tensions in a country polarized by the repercussions of the investigation.

Hezbollah, the Lebanese Shiite Muslim movement that is the most powerful single actor in the country, has long denied involvement in the assassination of the former prime minister, Rafik Hariri, which redrew the country’s political map and led to years of strife. But many in Lebanon have feared that details of the indictment — how the assassination was actually carried out on a seaside road in the capital — would deepen divisions here.

Last edited:
The Lebanon War and Operation PfG probably was Israel's worst hour, I think.

Israeli soldiers were horrified at what they were ordered to do, and even Reagan seemed stunned by the indiscriminate use of force used in Beirut.

Anyone who hasn't seen the movie 'Waltz with Bashir' should do so to get an idea of what life as an IDF soldier in Lebanon was like. (The movie looks at the later Israeli incursion into Lebanon, but still....)

Israeli soldiers were horrified at what they were ordered to do, and even Reagan seemed stunned by the indiscriminate use of force used in Beirut.

Anyone who hasn't seen the movie 'Waltz with Bashir' should do so to get an idea of what life as an IDF soldier in Lebanon was like. (The movie looks at the later Israeli incursion into Lebanon, but still....)
They had no choice. They did what they had to. Too bad Muslims are never horrified at what they are ordered or brainwashed to do. The world would be a much better place. Look at what Assad is doing now. Nobody seems to be blinking an eye so far.

They had no choice. They did what they had to. Too bad Muslims are never horrified at what they are ordered or brainwashed to do. The world would be a much better place. Look at what Assad is doing now. Nobody seems to be blinking an eye so far.

Question:

How many Israeli's had been killed by terror in the year before the invasion?

Answer:

So why do you say they had "no choice"?

Question:

Answer:

More lies and misrepresentation. The PLO had occupied southern Lebanon and was lobbing rockets into Israel.

Question:

Answer:

More lies and misrepresentation. The PLO had occupied southern Lebanon and was lobbing rockets into Israel.

The simple fact is that for 11 months before the war, not a single shot was fired across the Israeli-Lebanese border. A cease-fire was in force and the Palestinians on the other side of the border kept it scrupulously. To everybody’s surprise, Yasser Arafat succeeded in imposing it on all the radical Palestinian factions, too.

At the end of May, Defense Minister Ariel Sharon met with Secretary of State Alexander Haig in Washington DC. He asked for American agreement to invade Lebanon. Haig said that the US could not allow it, unless there were a clear and internationally recognized provocation.

And lo and behold, the provocation was provided at once. Abu Nidal, the anti-Arafat and anti-PLO master terrorist, sent his own cousin to assassinate the Israeli ambassador in London, who was grievously wounded.

Lebanon War of Lies

Question:

How many Israeli's in Galilee had been killed by terror in the year before the invasion?

Answer:

Also, when you say "lobbing rockets", what do you mean? What kind of rockets, fired from where and landing where?

Last edited:

Question:

How many Israeli's in Galilee had been killed by terror in the year before the invasion?

Answer:

Also, when you say "lobbing rockets", what do you mean? What kind of rockets, fired from where and landing where?
Stupid questions. Bottom line is the PLO much as the Hezbollah is doing today, had occupied southen Lebanon and was using the area to launch attacks against Israel. And Israel could not allow them to continue. Al though the ultimate goal of establishing a Christian leadership in Lebanon was not established, Israel did manage to remove the PLO from Lebanon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Lebanon_War

Immediate causes
Since the ceasefire, established in July 1981, until the start of the war, Israel recorded 240 “terrorist actions” committed by the PLO against Israeli targets including the assassination of an Israeli diplomat in Paris and encounters with PLO units attempting to cross from Jordan.[24]

Last edited:
Question:

Answer:

The simple fact is that for 11 months before the war, not a single shot was fired across the Israeli-Lebanese border. A cease-fire was in force and the Palestinians on the other side of the border kept it scrupulously. To everybody’s surprise, Yasser Arafat succeeded in imposing it on all the radical Palestinian factions, too.

At the end of May, Defense Minister Ariel Sharon met with Secretary of State Alexander Haig in Washington DC. He asked for American agreement to invade Lebanon. Haig said that the US could not allow it, unless there were a clear and internationally recognized provocation.

And lo and behold, the provocation was provided at once. Abu Nidal, the anti-Arafat and anti-PLO master terrorist, sent his own cousin to assassinate the Israeli ambassador in London, who was grievously wounded.

Lebanon War of Lies
Well of course you post an article from the Palestine Islamo Nazi chronicle titled "Lebanon War of Lies". I don't think there's a word of truth in that entire website. It's now claiming that Israel made Abu Nidal assassinate the Israeli Ambassador. I noticed Fatima Saigoon thanked for this false accusation from yet another reliable source. Ha ha ha. I got you covered Saigoooon.

Lebanon War of Lies
Well of course you post an article from the Palestine Islamo Nazi chronicle titled "Lebanon War of Lies". I don't think there's a word of truth in that entire website. It's now claiming that Israel made Abu Nidal assassinate the Israeli Ambassador. I noticed Fatima Saigoon thanked for this false accusation from yet another reliable source. Ha ha ha. I got you covered Saigoooon.

Typical propaganda ploy. Discredit the source.

Actually this article was written by an Israeli journalist.

Last edited:
Roudy -

For the third time -

Question:

Answer:

Roudy -

For the third time -

Question:

Answer:

Reading comprehension problems again? I just posted 240 Recorded instances of terrorism. Israel had no choice but to go into Lebanon, back then, just as it had no choice in 06. As in any military operation, you don't always acheive 100% of our goals. But you get the minimum. In the first war Israel managed to drive the cancer of the PLO out of Lebanon, which also helped the Lebanese Christians. In the second war, by the time time the dust settled, there were UN inspectors at the Lebanese border and no more rockets.

"You don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need"

The Rolling Stones.

Lebanon War of Lies

Ha ha ha. You have an article from "The Palestine Chronicle" titled "Lebanon War of Lies". Sure thing. This is a 100% legitimate source. Do you want me to embarass you more, and post some of the other garbaggio found on this site, or have you had enough?

Ha ha ha. You have an article from "The Palestine Chronicle" titled "Lebanon War of Lies". Sure thing. This is a 100% legitimate source. Do you want me to embarass you more, and post some of the other garbaggio found on this site, or have you had enough?

Your blabber does not embarrass me at all.

Roudy - For the third time - Question:How many Israeli's in Galilee had been killed by terror in the year before the invasion?Answer:1.So why do you say they had "no choice"?

Who gives a flying fuck how many were killed? If they were attempting to kill people, that is sufficient.

So I get to try to kill you, but if I miss 100 times, I'm innocent? And you claim to be a professional journalist, and offer these idiocies... :eek: :eusa_whistle:

Stupid questions. Bottom line is the PLO much as the Hezbollah is doing today, had occupied southen Lebanon and was using the area to launch attacks against Israel. And Israel could not allow them to continue. Al though the ultimate goal of establishing a Christian leadership in Lebanon was not established, Israel did manage to remove the PLO from Lebanon.

What's interesting is how saigoon claims to be a pal arab - but makes no comments on how the PLO was murdering pals in southern lebanon during its occupation there until the IDF came in. Arafat's animals had set up checkpoints throughout southern lebanon, and was terrorizing the population there. But hey, that's ok - it was muslim on muslim violence... :eusa_whistle:

'Waltz with Bashir" is a very disturbing film.

I don't think one can understand the real meaning of being an IDF soldier unless the have experienced the deep meaning of being in the military system themselves.

Ron Leshem wrote a book called "If there is a paradise" which tells the story of the IDF soldier in Lebanon. It tells the story of the Beaufort post, and it later became a movie telling the story of the IDF soldier being there-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyl2JEFkxmo]Beaufort Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

What's interesting is how saigoon claims to be a pal arab - but makes no comments on how the PLO was murdering pals in southern lebanon during its occupation there until the IDF came in. Arafat's animals had set up checkpoints throughout southern lebanon, and was terrorizing the population there. But hey, that's ok - it was muslim on muslim violence... :eusa_whistle:
They were also murdering or should I say assisting their fellow Muslims in commit ethnic genocide on the Christians in Lebanon. Another item that escaped this brilliant journalist. Heh heh heh.

Forum List

Back