Lebanon PM Hariri resigns, assails Iran and Hezbollah

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanonā€™s Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri resigned on Saturday, saying he believed there was an assassination plot against him and accusing Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah of sowing strife in the Arab world.

His resignation, a big surprise to Beirutā€™s political establishment, brought down the coalition government and plunged Lebanon into a new political crisis.

It thrust Lebanon into the front line of a regional competition between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shiā€˜ite Iran that has also buffeted Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Bahrain. A Saudi government minister said Hariri was in Riyadh to ensure his safety.

Hariri, who is closely allied with Saudi Arabia, alleged in a broadcast from an undisclosed location that Hezbollah was ā€œdirecting weaponsā€ at Yemenis, Syrians and Lebanese.

In comments directed at Iran, he said the Arab world would ā€œcut off the hands that wickedly extend to itā€.
Lebanon PM Hariri resigns, assails Iran and Hezbollah

Here is to that next civil war the dirt-bags insist on having.

They have issues over there and a lot of drug running, etc...running through the ports from all of the countries over there all the way to India from I was finding when I looked into it. Iran was also harboring International criminals and those connected to some higher ups in Lebanon that were trying to gain complete control of the government. The one guy (can't recall his name offhand) tried getting into the political control but the people would not support him as he is a thug with heavy thug connections in Iran, Pakistan and India from what I found.

Forum List

Back